MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

foohpah

DIS Veteran
I remember reading a few months ago that DL was getting MaxPass which would be a faster way to get your Fastpasses for around $10/day per person. I am going to be there solo in early May and since it is just me for $10 it seemed like it might be worth trying. Anyone heard any rumors about when this might start?

It sure has been quiet, hasn't it? I did see photos of the TSMM fastpass machines, so it is moving along.

Does anyone know when the Matterhorn is supposed to reopen? I'm wondering if they'll time it with that.

It should be just around the corner. When we were there at the end of Feb/early March, we saw the MaxiPass posts go in. They weren't there on Wednesday, but by Friday they were there at rides like Space Mt and Splash Mt. At least, that's what I remember.

I'm really hoping they ditch the idea of charging for this. It's such a lame stick-it-to-you move by the execs.

...Does anyone know when the Matterhorn is supposed to reopen? I'm wondering if they'll time it with that.
Matterhorn reopens April 28
The initial MaxPass announcement featured Matterhorn and Toy Story, so it is likely the system will go "live" after Matterhorn reopens. The MaxPass poles at the FastPass entrances have been installed at most (perhaps all) attractions.

The initial MaxPass announcement featured Matterhorn and Toy Story, so it is likely the system will go "live" after Matterhorn reopens. The MaxPass poles at the FastPass entrances have been installed at most (perhaps all) attractions.

I arrive on 4/30 so if that is true I might be there just about the time they introduce it. As with all Disney tech rollouts that does not bode well. ;)

Any word on this being implemented? I'm surprised not to see more threads about it.

There hasn't been any additional information released lately. Once they announce something, I'm sure they'll be a lot of discussions/threads, but at this point, we're still all working off the limited information that was previously released.

I am watching closely since we arrive Saturday. I heard June 1 so i guess we will find out very soon if that is true!

I am watching closely since we arrive Saturday. I heard June 1 so i guess we will find out very soon if that is true!
We had our first dl trip last year and loved it. WDW is great but like you after many times it was so cool to have so many new rides and stuff.

I arrive 6/15 and am hoping for max pass. Last year I really didn't enjoy running for the fast passes lol. Why does mom have to work on vacation?!

Just asked a cast member at the wait times if it starting tomorrow its not happening tomorrow she said

They haven't said anything but she knows it's not tomorrow

IMO if they don't give people at least a weeks warning I think they have botched the rolling out of this. I don't think many people would want to figure out something new mid-trip with no warning. I'm sure some people are wanting it ASAP - so for them the sooner the better. And I guess a lot of people don't plan much at all and wouldn't hear about it even with warning? I know I like to stay on top of things - but I'm guessing I'm in the minority (but not for anyone reading this LOL). But I hope they give us SOME warning.

Does anyone know whether or not you can add this to only some days of a ticket? We are a family of 6, so paying for all 5 days of MaxPass is out of our budget. But if we could add it to only a couple of days of our passes, we might use it a couple of days and make sure we take advantage of the photopass included in those days.

Does anyone know whether or not you can add this to only some days of a ticket? We are a family of 6, so paying for all 5 days of MaxPass is out of our budget. But if we could add it to only a couple of days of our passes, we might use it a couple of days and make sure we take advantage of the photopass included in those days.

Probably but honestly at this point we know nothing more than was mentioned in the initial announcement which really wasn't very much.

It's a bit annoying to me that they drop MAXPASS on us and then months go by with no start date announcement.

I'm set to purchase my DL tickets from a 3rd party soon and I'd like to know how to add MAXPASS if it becomes available by the last week in June.

If its happening soon they really need to give more complete details about it and a start date.

Ugh sorry just felt the need to vent about it.

This is unsubstantiated rumour via a DL attractions CM so take it for what it's worth. Supposedly MaxPass will have the ability to be added on a day by day basis. Apparently you'll be able to select 'activate' via the app at any point during the day for that day. Again, this is just rumour.

on maxi pass watch, 18 days until Im in the park . I really dont want it, no interest in it so I hope they start it AFTER my trip :(

This is unsubstantiated rumour via a DL attractions CM so take it for what it's worth. Supposedly MaxPass will have the ability to be added on a day by day basis. Apparently you'll be able to select 'activate' via the app at any point during the day for that day. Again, this is just rumour.
Honestly, I think this sounds pretty reasonable as far as a rumor goes :) It would need to have a by-the-day option for people only spending 1 day in the parks, so having to buy/activate daily, at least in the beginning makes sense. I'm hoping there will be a "more days, more discount" option, like they do for entrance tickets/passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!