MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Is Max Pass worth it if you have a 3 day/1 park per day tickets(can't upgrade bc we won them in a contest :/)? We will be using them in the summer at the end of July beginning of August so I'm assuming it will be busy but we've never been then! Also we are a family of 10--4 adults & 6 kids(ages 4-16) who pretty much love all rides & my youngest is finally 40 inches--Is Max Pass effective for groups that big?!? Any advice you could give would be so helpful!

We use it for our group (normally a group of six, me, both my parents, and my kids - 13, 10, and 3) and it is so much easier than pulling paper FPs. It's worth it, even for my 40" 3YO and my mom (who only rides Toy Story and Soarin' with FP). Sometimes I will pull a FP for my mom, even though she doesn't want to ride that particular ride and do an elder swap (not a real thing) - I'll stay out with her while everyone else rides and then I ride with one kid using my and my mom's FPs (just like we used to do with paper FPs). The real problem with a big group is cost...

We use it for our group (normally a group of six, me, both my parents, and my kids - 13, 10, and 3) and it is so much easier than pulling paper FPs. It's worth it, even for my 40" 3YO and my mom (who only rides Toy Story and Soarin' with FP). Sometimes I will pull a FP for my mom, even though she doesn't want to ride that particular ride and do an elder swap (not a real thing) - I'll stay out with her while everyone else rides and then I ride with one kid using my and my mom's FPs (just like we used to do with paper FPs). The real problem with a big group is cost...
Yeah I'm really worried that the price will go up by the time we go this summer!!!

We're going down to Anaheim for the WonderCOn convention. We do this every year, staying onsite at a Disney resort. We take advantage of EMH and stay at the park until lunchtime, then head to the convention center for the rest of the day. That gives us about 4 hours in the park (since during Sporing Break the EMH usually start at 7 am).

Do you think MaxPass is worth it for only that time period? We've always been able to do lots of rides and get lots of Fastpasses during that time period, but we haven't been to the parks since MaxPass began. I'm worried that MaxPass will be draining the FP and we won't get so many, particularly since we won't be able to use FP for later in the day.

We're going down to Anaheim for the WonderCOn convention. We do this every year, staying onsite at a Disney resort. We take advantage of EMH and stay at the park until lunchtime, then head to the convention center for the rest of the day. That gives us about 4 hours in the park (since during Sporing Break the EMH usually start at 7 am).

Do you think MaxPass is worth it for only that time period? We've always been able to do lots of rides and get lots of Fastpasses during that time period, but we haven't been to the parks since MaxPass began. I'm worried that MaxPass will be draining the FP and we won't get so many, particularly since we won't be able to use FP for later in the day.
I’d try it your first day. Once you go through the gates you can choose your first fp for park opening.

Are maxpass and paper fast passes giving out the same return times? We plan to get just 1 mp for our group to take advantage of the pp. but, it would be good to see the return times on the app so we can plan our next paper fp.

Are maxpass and paper fast passes giving out the same return times? We plan to get just 1 mp for our group to take advantage of the pp. but, it would be good to see the return times on the app so we can plan our next paper fp.
No, not necessarily. Also, with the option to cancel a maxpass, you may be able to snag one for an earlier return time that someone got rid of. Happened to me 3 times last week when the regular FPs were done. It gives you a good general idea, though.

The return times on the app are the ones for the FP machines, so, yes - those are the times you would get with traditional FP. Sometimes with MP you can book one that's earlier than the times the machines are showing, but those times only show up when you go to get FP via MP, not as return times when you look at an attraction on the app.

No, they often do not. You can always use MP for just the PP benefit and still pull paper FPs with the rest of the group.

The return times on the app are the ones for the FP machines, so, yes - those are the times you would get with traditional FP. Sometimes with MP you can book one that's earlier than the times the machines are showing, but those times only show up when you go to get FP via MP, not as return times when you look at an attraction on the app.

And to clarify, those earlier times are available because people can cancel MP FPs and they get put back into the MP pool.

Family of 5 here. Smallest is 2 so he won’t be getting on any of the good stuff. Recommendation to go 2 MP or get it for all 4. 2 adults and 2 kids 7 and 14

Family of 5 here. Smallest is 2 so he won’t be getting on any of the good stuff. Recommendation to go 2 MP or get it for all 4. 2 adults and 2 kids 7 and 14
Get MP for 3 (1 adult, and the 2 kids that will ride). Then get RS before they enter each ride. The adult that stays behind with the 2 year old will ride after they get back and the kids get to ride twice! And it doesn't matter which tickets you purchase/book MP for. They don't care who redeems them. You can take turns on going first. We did this all last week and it went well.

Get MP for 3 (1 adult, and the 2 kids that will ride). Then get RS before they enter each ride. The adult that stays behind with the 2 year old will ride after they get back and the kids get to ride twice! And it doesn't matter which tickets you purchase/book MP for. They don't care who redeems them. You can take turns on going first. We did this all last week and it went well.

This is interesting...so we are a family of 4. Our youngest is also 2 ( just about 3 when we go in June). We also have a (will be) 6 year old that should be able to go on nearly everything...so you think we should only purchase MP for 1 adult and 1 kid?
I read somewhere that when you get a riderswap pass it cancels out your next maxpass if you have one?

Last edited:
This is interesting...so we are a family of 4. Our youngest is also 2 ( just about 3 when we go in June). We also have a (will be) 6 year old that should be able to go on nearly everything...so you think we should only purchase MP for 1 adult and 1 kid?
I read somewhere that when you get a riderswap pass it cancels out your next maxpass if you have one?
Yes, get 2 MP, for 1 parent and the 6 year old.
And no, Rider Switch will not cancel out any FP you have booked. We held 3 FP at a time while using RS often. What it will cancel out is any other RS that ticket has saved. So, just use the RS immediately (or very soon) after the first group rides. You can't book up a bunch of RS like you can FP. But you don't need to.

Yes, get 2 MP, for 1 parent and the 6 year old.
And no, Rider Switch will not cancel out any FP you have booked. We held 3 FP at a time while using RS often. What it will cancel out is any other RS that ticket has saved. So, just use the RS immediately (or very soon) after the first group rides. You can't book up a bunch of RS like you can FP. But you don't need to.
We had FPs for radiator spring racers disappear when we got rider switch passes for guardians of the galaxy, and vice Versa.

We had FPs for radiator spring racers disappear when we got rider switch passes for guardians of the galaxy, and vice Versa.
That's horrible! I think Guest Services could have helped you with that because it's not supposed to happen. And crazy that it happened twice!
One thing to note is that the RS will look just like a FP in your app. So if you maybe had a RS from another ride still, it would make that disappear. Not saying that's what happened to you, but it could confuse people. It would be nice if the RS fastpasses were labeled differently in the app to make it clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!