MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

I'm sure this has been asked, probably repeatedly, but I'm going to be that person who asks it again. I love the concept of MaxPass. But having a large family, it's hard to swallow the cost of this on top of the crazy amount we pay to get into the park. On the other hand, if it's a huge time saver, maybe it's worth it. We're a family of 7 (5 kids, ages 7-16). Is this worth $70 a day??

I'm sure this has been asked, probably repeatedly, but I'm going to be that person who asks it again. I love the concept of MaxPass. But having a large family, it's hard to swallow the cost of this on top of the crazy amount we pay to get into the park. On the other hand, if it's a huge time saver, maybe it's worth it. We're a family of 7 (5 kids, ages 7-16). Is this worth $70 a day??
A big part (but not all) of the time it saves is the physically walking to pull FP. If you have people in your group who legitimately enjoy being the FP runner (maybe an older kid who likes the independence) it might not be that helpful, but I enjoy not having to split up. You can purchase it day-by-day so you can save some money by picking one day when you'll focus on FP rides and just buy it that day.

Sorry if this has been asked, but I tried scrolling through to find my answer but can't.
Max pass came with my annual pass. Does this mean I only can use max pass to obtain fast passes? If I go with someone who doesn't have the feature on their pass, can I still do paper ones?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I tried scrolling through to find my answer but can't.
Max pass came with my annual pass. Does this mean I only can use max pass to obtain fast passes? If I go with someone who doesn't have the feature on their pass, can I still do paper ones?

You can still pull from the kiosks. You're not required to use the app.

You will still have MP rules applied (such as able to pull every 1h30m instead of every 2h), but there is no issue with going about things the "old fashioned way", so to speak.

I have done this myself quite a bit as I am not always with people who have MP like I do on my pass.

While the answer to this question is ultimately subjective, I think part of the answer depends on your trip dates. As the pp said, you don't have to buy MP every day of your trip. So you can wait to see how crowded the parks are before deciding whether you'll benefit from MP or whether using paper FPs will be fine. (For example, this past weekend, the lower 3 APs were blocked and the parks weren't super crowded, so MP wasn't absolutely necessary for us. Sunday was a totally different story -- crowds! -- MP all the way.) If you have good FP skills, paper FP can still help you cover quite a bit of ground in a day. Get to the parks early, use those morning hours to get a lot done, then see whether you think you'll need MP that day. And remember, MP isn't good for all rides anyway, only rides that are actually on the FP system (which isn't that many rides overall). So if you'll be focusing on non-FP rides on a certain day, MP won't be any advantage unless one of you gets it for PP.

I’ve used it as a party of 2 with myself and DD and I’ll continue to use it because it will probably continue to just be us 2 until the rest of the family decides they want to do Disney again. $20 a day is worth it to me not to have to drag my daughter around to the kiosks. If our whole family of 6 was there I might rethink it, especially if DH or one of the older kids are able to be a FP runner and can grab the FP for everyone. You can choose your days, as well. When we did our day focusing on the non FP rides in fantasyland I didn’t purchase it. Maybe you could just purchase it for a day or 2 when you want to knock out some of the bigger rides?

Are the Max Passes issued on the Ap completely aligned with the physical machines? One of the main advantages is that you can see everything available and their current return times right?

Are the Max Passes issued on the Ap completely aligned with the physical machines? One of the main advantages is that you can see everything available and their current return times right?

There are some instances when they are aligned or slightly later.
Most of the time the MP will give you an earlier return time than what is shown on the app.

Even if you don't have MaxPass, you can still see FP return times on the app, you just have to look at the individual rides instead of having a nice consolidated list.

My understanding of the return times is that the kiosks and the app will both be issuing the same return time, however people using MP on the app will be offered an earlier return time if it becomes available (which happens when someone who pulled a FP earlier in the day cancels it). So when you pull up MP you might initially be offered a time earlier than the kiosks are giving out, but if you refresh a couple of times it should go back to the current kiosk return time. If you're trying to match your return time with other people in your party who don't have MP, the easiest thing is probably just to pull from the kiosks.

You should be able to. The idea of Disney turning down any money (especially on a ticket they made no money on initially) seems ludicrous.

I've only experienced it with CM comp tickets (the physical comps that can be used without the CM present, not the sign ins), but there was no issue. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding with even the sign ins is you will be issued a physical ticket at the turnstile to allow for FP pulling and hopping.

Just scan this into the Disney app and purchase MP.

Is "signing in" the same as using Main Gates? We're going with my sister, WDW CM, and using her Main Gate tickets to enter. I'm hoping we can still purchase MaxPass?

Is "signing in" the same as using Main Gates? We're going with my sister, WDW CM, and using her Main Gate tickets to enter. I'm hoping we can still purchase MaxPass?

First question: to the best of my knowledge, yes. But as I mentioned, I've only personally witnessed use of the physical comp tickets (from a WDW CM) at DLR which is entirely different and doesn't require the presence of the CM they belonged to.

I'm probably not the best to have quoted asking this, lol! I have a DLR AP and only used my friend's entries at WDW. My experience with the comp tickets was my WDW CM friend using ones she still had from before she moved away from Florida (and this ceased being a CM) and I was using my Sig+.

Second question: Yes. I'd be very shocked if not. Those tickets are good for kiosk obtained FPs so it would be silly to not be available for MP.

You can add MaxPass to any admission media as long as you are willing to pay for it. Two separate things ;-)

If I go to MM in DL at 7 am, can I make MP for a DCA ride if it doesn't open until 8 am? Or do I have to wait until DCA opens to make MP for DCA rides?

You can make MP for EITHER park once you scan into ANY park, no matter if that park is open yet for the day. But the FP return time will not be during EMH and will be at regular park opening time for either park, at the earliest.

We have a group of 14 people going during Christmas week. I used MP on our last visit but it was just DH and two kids so i handled the MP with my phone. From reading through different threads i have a few questions and want to make sure i understand correctly.

--I can scan everyone in to a party and just select all for a MP? Last trip i just selected one at a time I didn't see or look for the option because it was not necessary.
--Will I be able to get 14 MP tickets at the same time for rides? Anyone experience with large groups?
--We can all just use the ticket to scan in right?My phone or anyone is not needed after selecting a MP?
--Once I have added everyone tickets to my account ca they still add to theirs? Can say one of the families add their own tickets to their own account also with MP?

Last year i remembered to scan our ticket in to the app but I got held up a bit because we also had to sign out tickets. We can add and sign tickets before hand right? That way all they do is take a picture? I usually forget and we usually only have 3-6 people with us but i do not want to hold up the lines with 14 people.

TIA

You can make MP for EITHER park once you scan into ANY park, no matter if that park is open yet for the day. But the FP return time will not be during EMH and will be at regular park opening time for either park, at the earliest.
Is this still correct info?? because I read somewhere that you can only get a FP for the park you scanned your ticket at... I'm a newbie at MP and DL so I need all the info I can get! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts