Loop Conversion Progress - UPDATE

Quick update...I just checked out on Friday and they are still working on the 700 loop. At this point they are still pouring the extended concret, but they are now at the back of the loop and making progess. Sorry, no pics to show, but be aware that if you request the 800 loop and want to be near the canal like say site #855 it might be a little noisy during the day due to the construction. But, on the other hand the 800 loop shouldn't be as crowded for this reason. When we were there during the week at site #854 we had no neighbors. It was really nice as the newley changed loop 600 was packed!

Quick update...I just checked out on Friday and they are still working on the 700 loop. At this point they are still pouring the extended concret, but they are now at the back of the loop and making progess. Sorry, no pics to show, but be aware that if you request the 800 loop and want to be near the canal like say site #855 it might be a little noisy during the day due to the construction. But, on the other hand the 800 loop shouldn't be as crowded for this reason. When we were there during the week at site #854 we had no neighbors. It was really nice as the newley changed loop 600 was packed!

I'm assuming you mean 900. Loop 700 was finished awhile ago.

I called today to request the 1100 loop for my "full hookup" reservation. They said, no can do, that is no longer a full hookup loop. I was trying to get close to the cabins as we have family staying there.
So I guess the conversion is complete?????????
I think I'll still fax it in anyway and see what happens.

I called today to request the 1100 loop for my "full hookup" reservation. They said, no can do, that is no longer a full hookup loop. I was trying to get close to the cabins as we have family staying there.
So I guess the conversion is complete?????????
I think I'll still fax it in anyway and see what happens.

When is your trip?? They are just finishing up 900 from the sounds of things, then I'm assuming 1000, and 1100 will follow soon after. If your trip is in the next week or so, you might make it. Anything after Memorial day, probably not.

Also, it is worth noting that according to the definitions of loop classifications on the Disney webpage, 1000 & 1100 can be considered either full or preferred. Hopefully there will be some clarity after the conversions are done.

EDIT: Ah, given your travel dates, I suspect those loops will be under construction.

Any update on the 1900 loop comfort station? Is it still closed? Anyone know when it might be reopened? We are headed down next week and asked for site in 1900 close to comfort station.

The 900 loop looks like it it getting closer to being done. Friday afternoon they were bringinig in a bunch of little trees/Bushes to replace all the nice big trees they cut down.

No pics of the 900 loop but Tigg was able to get some pics of the splash zone firday night.

When she comes home tommrow rom the fort I will see if she can uplaod them.

As of 5/10/09, the grills and most of the picnic tables are in on the 900 loop. All concrete work is done, and the landscape guys were working on Saturday installing bushes and hooking up irrigation lines. There are bales of pine straw waiting to be distributed. I say 900 will be open this week. (I will have some photos in my soon-to-be-started trip report).

And, when we headed out on Sunday, a little after noon, there was one trailer left on the 1000 loop. Every other site was empty. I think we all know what that means . . .

. . . the return of chainsaw man!

TCD

I hate asking a question that has already been answered here . . . but . . . we have a full hookup site reserved for early December. I'm assuming by then anything that is going to be converted to premium, will have been converted.

What will be my loop choices both pet and/or non-pet?

Thanks -

I hate asking a question that has already been answered here . . . but . . . we have a full hookup site reserved for early December. I'm assuming by then anything that is going to be converted to premium, will have been converted.

What will be my loop choices both pet and/or non-pet?

Thanks -

1600 - 1900. Not sure if any of them are going to be non pet.

Thanks Carol - I was thinking 300, but that is preferred - right?

Maybe what I have is a preferred site? Then, again, how would YOU know the answer to that questions:rotfl::rotfl:

EDITED: O.K> - I just checked and it is a 'preferred view' site that I have. I needed a tent pad so that is why I didn't request a premium (and the cost).

Do you know which loops fall under this classification?

Thanks Carol - I was thinking 300, but that is preferred - right?

Maybe what I have is a preferred site? Then, again, how would YOU know the answer to that questions:rotfl::rotfl:

EDITED: O.K> - I just checked and it is a 'preferred view' site that I have. I needed a tent pad so that is why I didn't request a premium (and the cost).

Do you know which loops fall under this classification?

100, 200, 300 are preferred sites. Supposedly 300 is the only Preferred Pet Loop.

We are here now and there are pets in every single loop, well except the ones that are empty:banana:....well there are animals in those loops but they are not pets!;):lmao:

This place is truly going all pet friendly no matter what any CM will tell you, which is too bad for those that prefer to be away from barking dogs at 6am.

I will now always travel with my trusty dog silencer that seems to be working perfectly!:worship:

LOOP UPDATE....

900 is finished and they are putting the last two tables together as we speak. It will probably be open tomorrow.

1000 is closed.

The comfort station at the 1600 loop is still closed.

When we arrived on 5/14 this was the condition of loop 1000.

FWVacMay091001.jpg

FWVacMay091007.jpg

FWVacMay091003.jpg

This was the situation around 11 the next morning.

FWVacMay09036.jpg

FWVacMay09037.jpg

FWVacMay09038.jpg

By the end of the day they had finished pouring about 1/2 of the sites. I didn't see any other activity the rest of the weekend.

I could see Disney service vehicles and hear blowers in 900 and found them blowing off the sites and getting the comfort station cleaned.

FWVacMay09039.jpg

At 11 A.M. on Friday 5/15/09 the barricade came down, which I have recorded for the permanent record here in this photo:

FWVacMay09040.jpg

I chatted with one of the CM's about the opening of the loop. He said that FW was going to fill up on the weekend. A steady stream of happy campers began pouring in, and not just to 900. By the end of the day, occupancy had to be in the high 90% range.

Oh Cool! I'm delighted they left the stump hook-up posts! I always thought they were a great Disney touch. Good reporting!

:santa:

Oh Cool! I'm delighted they left the stump hook-up posts! I always thought they were a great Disney touch. Good reporting!

:santa:

I agree Shan!! I have always loved the stump posts..Just adds to the uniqueness of the Fort for us..

It looked like 1000 was almost ready to be opened. I think they would have had it for this weekend if it wasn't for all the rain. Sites looked done. They were about 1/2 done planting shrubs and just needed to add the new tables.

I was there from 5/18 to 5/23. At check-in I asked to be changed to the 1100 loop to be close to the cabins. They said I had to be out by 5/23 because they were shutting that loop down for the renovation. However, when we left on 5/23 they had filled the entire loop with new campers. I think the rain delayed 1000 from being finished so they filled 1100. We had 24/7 rain pretty much the entire time we were there :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter