Loop Conversion Progress - UPDATE

Carol, we will be at the fort on the 24th, staying 2 nights. I would love to meet you. Last year in Oct. we stayed in the same loop, I think it was 900 but never got to meet up, we had a lot of family down. How long r u staying? My DH is going to Moffit Cancer Center for his follow up vist to find out what we need to do about the tumor on his kidney that afternoon before we come. I hope we are celebrating, but what ever the results, it always could be worse.
I hope we are bringing our new cart, my DH is selling a new brand of carts, he is looking for dealers and distributors, the one we have now is only a 2 seater and if DD and GS comes it will be tight, but I love the cart.'

Carol, we will be at the fort on the 24th, staying 2 nights. I would love to meet you. Last year in Oct. we stayed in the same loop, I think it was 900 but never got to meet up, we had a lot of family down. How long r u staying? My DH is going to Moffit Cancer Center for his follow up vist to find out what we need to do about the tumor on his kidney that afternoon before we come. I hope we are celebrating, but what ever the results, it always could be worse.
I hope we are bringing our new cart, my DH is selling a new brand of carts, he is looking for dealers and distributors, the one we have now is only a 2 seater and if DD and GS comes it will be tight, but I love the cart.'

We'll be there through Monday, the 27th. Probably in 2000.

Ok,... I hate to even ask this question, especially with all the updates on the new loops but, I've been looking for an update list as to what loops are considered tent-pop-up/full-hookup/preferred/premium?

We've always stayed in the 800 Loop,...just because I loved how wooded the area was,...we were last there May 2008,....I noticed that in oct. 08 TCD mentioned and posted pics of it being refurb. up.... SO I guess my question now is,....I would love to find something similar to my beloved Jack Rabbit Run,... but not premium prices. We are bringing a pop-up and don't need all the bells and whistles. We could honestly just do the cheapo site. I just would prefer to be in the "woods"..... SO.... What do you all recommend? Also is there an updated site map with the new loops and site #'s? I haven't booked our trip yet, and I'm dragging my feet (I know I know) We are wanting to visit the 1st week of May, so I may not even be able to be picky....I just need to be close to a comfort station (I will be 7 months preg. and I have a newbie potty-trained 2 1/2 yr old)....so thats it

My 2 requests are:
Wooded-privacy
CS

As of right now:

100 - Preferred
200 - Preferred
300 - Preferred
400 - Premium
500 - Premium
600 - Premium
700 - Premium
800 - Premium
900 - Full
1000 - Full
1100 - Full
1200 - Premium
1300 - Premium
1400 - Premium
1500 - Partial
1600 - Full
1700 - Full
1800 - Full
1900 - Full
2000 - Partial

I have no clue on pet or non pet at this time.

Shady - eh, that's a tossup. There is shady and nonshady in every loop.

(Oh just a note on 900, 1000, and 1100). Those loops were supposed to be converted to Premium back in Jul/Aug 08. They were skipped. We don't know if they were behind schedule and just started where they were and will come back to them.

Another possibility is they will be left alone and remain full hookup.

A third possibility is these will be left alone reclassified preferred due to their location.

Ok,... I hate to even ask this question, especially with all the updates on the new loops but, I've been looking for an update list as to what loops are considered tent-pop-up/full-hookup/preferred/premium?

We've always stayed in the 800 Loop,...just because I loved how wooded the area was,...we were last there May 2008,....I noticed that in oct. 08 TCD mentioned and posted pics of it being refurb. up.... SO I guess my question now is,....I would love to find something similar to my beloved Jack Rabbit Run,... but not premium prices. We are bringing a pop-up and don't need all the bells and whistles. We could honestly just do the cheapo site. I just would prefer to be in the "woods"..... SO.... What do you all recommend? Also is there an updated site map with the new loops and site #'s? I haven't booked our trip yet, and I'm dragging my feet (I know I know) We are wanting to visit the 1st week of May, so I may not even be able to be picky....I just need to be close to a comfort station (I will be 7 months preg. and I have a newbie potty-trained 2 1/2 yr old)....so thats it

My 2 requests are:
Wooded-privacy
CS

If you are talking May, 2009, then book a full hook-up, and request 900, 1000, or 1600 (in that order) (1100 is nice, but several of the sites are right on top of cabins in the 2100 loop, and I wouldn't want to risk being assigned to one of those), and ask for a site near the comfort station. I just stayed in 900 last week. It is a really nice little loop, and still is very wooded. Very similar (maybe because it is next door-duh!) to the 800 loop, but a lot smaller (which is a good thing IMHO). It was originally announced as being a loop that would be converted to premium, but so far, it hasn't been.

And- if you have a pop-up, you can also go with the partial loops 1500 or 2000. They are both nice, and because of their layouts, all of the sites are pretty convenient to comfort stations.

A lot is going to depend on what is available.

TCD

I would say shoot for 1600, but ask to be away from the road. 1600 is quite shady and it has two (count 'em, two) comfort stations, so you are sure to be near to one of them. It is also nice that it is quite close to the pool (but not so close as to hear the noise from the Shamu-sized splashes of the Shannon-ball Express).

Carol, you are a very clever girl... skirting the whole pet/non-pet drama!

I appreciate all the recommendations!....I dreaded asking that question, mainly because I know you all answer the same site,golf cart, misc. questions daily. I am a huge FW fan, & DIS fan,...but I am one of those who are only on during the planning stage...so I appreciate all the helpful & friendly advice!:cool1::thumbsup2

Is there a update picture of the map of all the site #'s like they give you when you check in? I would like to see where the loops are, and the actual individual site #'s, so when I request, I can try to be more specific....I appreciate it :)

We are shooting for a mid-May FW stay and wondered how the site upgrades are going. We have a 35 foot 5th wheel so we really want to be in an upgraded site. Our last two trips (most recently in Oct 08) resulted in being yammed into a very tight site in 300 (next to the large and much decorated motorhome, highly visable from the road) and we dont want to repeat this.
We are DVC members, but convert most of our points to reservation points at FW since taking up RVing. There does seem to be some confusion between DVC and FW personnel as to how the upgrades are progressing. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

The first post in this thread is updated as the upgrades begin and finish, so keep an eye out here. There are no loops being upgraded at the moment due to the Easter rush. In fact, some of us suspect that all the upgrades may be done at this point, but that remains to be seen. If not, loops 900, 1000 and 1100 are yet to be converted.

The first post in this thread is updated as the upgrades begin and finish, so keep an eye out here. There are no loops being upgraded at the moment due to the Easter rush. In fact, some of us suspect that all the upgrades may be done at this point, but that remains to be seen. If not, loops 900, 1000 and 1100 are yet to be converted.

The day they finished the 700 loop they picked up everything and bugged out, no equipment setting around afterward

I hope that this is the end of the upgrades, unless of course they plan on building new loops*. It would be a shame to have a gazillion Premiums and only 3 Preferred and 4 Fulls.

*Possibilities include between 1500 and 300, or between 1400 and the tennis courts, or between 700 and TCD Ranch, or across from 2000, or between River Country and Wilderness Lodge.

I hope that this is the end of the upgrades, unless of course they plan on building new loops*. It would be a shame to have a gazillion Premiums and only 3 Preferred and 4 Fulls.

*Possibilities include between 1500 and 300, or between 1400 and the tennis courts, or between 700 and TCD Ranch, or across from 2000, or between River Country and Wilderness Lodge.

After being in 1628 I would say they need to spend some time on this site, it was narrow and required some serious adjusting to get both my slides out which meant the truck had to be parked mostly on the grass. If it werent for the GG and being close to my peeps I would have required them to put me in another site. The site had about an 8" drop off the slab, 2 ft from my steps, I rolled my ankle once and almost bit the side of the trailer. I would have to say that this was the worst site I have ever had at Disney.

such a waste.....where did the meadow go???

meadow.jpg

I would say shoot for 1600, but ask to be away from the road. 1600 is quite shady and it has two (count 'em, two) comfort stations, so you are sure to be near to one of them. It is also nice that it is quite close to the pool (but not so close as to hear the noise from the Shamu-sized splashes of the Shannon-ball Express).

Carol, you are a very clever girl... skirting the whole pet/non-pet drama!

We just got back from a week in the 1600 loop with our pop up. Shan is right (as always), this site has two comfort staions, and is up by the road so the bus stop is also close.

There were lots of trees so it was still like camping in the woods, not like the new 600 loop that is all open.

I would also love to see more loops. I have a pop up so I don't need and cann't afford the premiums. I suggest some more tent/pop up sites across for the 2000 loop. Good thing I have a cart thou becasue that is way out there.

As for as upgrading the rest of the loops, I hope they are not done. It would be nice if the gave all the sites the new grills and tables.

Bad news, Shannon. I just called the front desk at FW to see about the status of full hookup sites in early May. Asked if 900, 1000 and 1100 will remain FH or if they are still going to be converted to Premium. After being on hold for an eternity, the CM said the 900 is scheduled to begin conversion at the end of April, followed by the other two loops. I asked about FH pet loops and he said 1600 thru 1900 are all pet loops.

I was really hoping 900-1100 would remain FH, oh well . . .

crap...I was planning on staying in the 900 loop the first week of May....back to the drawing board!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter