• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loop Conversion Progress - UPDATE

This is our first RVing trip to FW. We're staying in a 40ft RV for a week at FW beginning July 4th.

In our group, we have four adults with four children and a dog.

Which site should we ask for? ... our priority, in order, would be recreation for the kids then access to showers.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

First, :welcome:

Second, you didn't tell us what type of site you have reserved, so if you could post that we will be better able to assist you. Site types are partial, full, preferred, and premium.

Third, although you could request a specific site, it is probably the least likely type of request to be honored... it's just not very likely that it will be vacated the morning you arrive. It would be more productive to request features and then suggest parts of loops that you think would best fit your needs. This way, if the assigner cannot put you where you've requested, he knows why you requested it and can try to honor those needs elsewhere. For instance, 1600 might be a great choice for you since it is a pet loop, walking distance to the pool and has two comfort stations, and if your ressie is for a Full site, this would be my recommendation. So I might in my request write "I'd like to be walking distance to the pool and close to a comfort station; the first half of 1600 (away from the road) looks ideal." This way, if 1600 is all booked, the assigner might decide a site in 1700 fits the bill pretty well and give you that instead.

Excellent advice Shan-man! We've always included WHY we want a particular area - and not just a specific site number - and have been fortunate enough to get our request. I'm sure it helps that we go at a slower time of year too (early Dec). During busier times like July 4th - which is one of the busiest weeks of the year - and depending on when you're arriving, it's going to be even harder for Disney to honor really specific site requests.

:welcome: Jaekaetee and have a great trip!

Thanks for replying.

We requested a premium site with room for a tent. ... Is 1600 a premium site?

Finally, you mentioned that "I write in my request ... ", what does this mean, and at which point do I do this; is this done over the phone or when we arrive at FW?

Thanks for the help guys.

Just got back from a day trip to the Fort. It looks as if 900 is going to be next for the reno's. While most loops were pretty well occupied, 900 only had 6 or 7 spaces occupied. It looks as if once 900 is empty, the reno's will begin. Just an observation.

ETA- we didn't go near the pool area, so I have no updates on the splash zone - sorry!

Finally, you mentioned that "I write in my request ... ", what does this mean, and at which point do I do this; is this done over the phone or when we arrive at FW?

What seems to work for us is having our request noted on our reservation when we make it (or added later - but before we arrive) and then faxing our request about 4-5 days prior to arrival to get it in the hands of the person doing the site assignments.

The standard fax form is lurking in a thread here somewhere... (give the search function a whirl, it should turn up along with the fax #)

Ok, a Premium. There are several Premium loops that are convenient to the Meadow Pool (which I assume is what you mean mostly when you say you want to be close to recreation). They are, in order of proximity: 1300, 1400, 600, 1200, 500, 700 and 400. I would not recommend 600 or 700 because they don't have a comfort station in the loop. 1400 is a pretty cramped loop and it might be hard to do a large RV and tent. 1300 and 1200 would be good choices since they are close to the pool and also have a play fort, tetherball and volleyball court on the loop. My personal favorite loop is 500, which is not too far from the pool and campfire, it is right across from the play fort at 300 and the dog park, and it's more convenient to the marina area than the others previously mentioned. Hope this info helps.

Is 500, 1200 and 1300 pet friendly?

Also, of these three loops which is the more spacious and pet friendly?

And finally, why is 500 your favorite loop?

Thanks for the help.

500 is definitely a pet loop. 1200 & 1300 seem to vacillate back and forth. I love 500 because it is in the middle of everything, it has it's own CS, it is close to the marina so you get all the atmospheric sounds, it is largely a shady loop, the sites are deep (if not quite as wide as say 800), there are bus routes off two sides so if you see that you just missed the bus off the front you can opt to go to the rear stop, and at Christmas the mega-decorated loops are close by.

We always try to request a loop and usually get our choice but a site # would be tough I agree thats why we go in that early Dec time also last year we tried Oct so as to see the not so scary stuff for a change of pace from xmas was lots of fun but busier i would also consider the 500 loop still has the meadows and access to pool and dog park will be acroos the streetalong with the play ground for the kids and fishing in the pond what more could you want

With all the changes...is there a list of the loops that list pet or no pet?

I currently have the 1400 on the reservation but would like to add a couple alternatives, but don't want a pet loop.

Thanks!

With all the changes...is there a list of the loops that list pet or no pet?

I currently have the 1400 on the reservation but would like to add a couple alternatives, but don't want a pet loop.

Thanks!

That is a good question. Unfortunately, no one will be able to give you an accurate answer right now, as all kinds of conflicting information is floating around. This much is clear, as of this month, there are poop bag dispensers installed on the following loops: 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1600, 1700, 1800 and 1900. There are no poop bag dispensers on 100, 200, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1500 and 2000.

The loops with poop bag dispensers obviously are allowing pets. You would think that the ones without the dispensers do not allow pets. But, in my trips to the Fort this year, I have seen campers with dogs on these apparent non-pet loops. Definitely not as many, but I have still seen the occasional dog on these so-called non-pet loops, including 1500 and 2000, which are partial hook up loops, and have never been pet loops.

So, if you are trying to be away from dogs on a premium loop, I would say 1200, 1300 and 1400 are your best bets, for now.

TCD

Does anyone know if the comfort station in loop 1900 is closed? We just booked a full hookup site for this weekend (all the partial hookup sites were full.) We have a pop up and don't have a bathroom. I hope they take that into consideration when giving us a site. (I didn't even know it was closed when I made my site request :sad2:)

Does anyone know if the comfort station in loop 1900 is closed? We just booked a full hookup site for this weekend (all the partial hookup sites were full.) We have a pop up and don't have a bathroom. I hope they take that into consideration when giving us a site. (I didn't even know it was closed when I made my site request :sad2:)

They wouldn't put you in a loop that the comfort station isn't open, so do worry, you'll be OK. Have a great trip.

Yes it is most definitely closed. Here are pictures:

DisneySusan248.jpg

DisneySusan249.jpg

DisneySusan250.jpg

The loop was very empty. Maybe only two or three campers there, and I recognize one of them as a long-termer that was there in December. I would make sure you tell them at check-in that you don't have a bathroom and that you need to be near a comfort station. It is probably too late for a fax to be effective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter