Loop Conversion Progress - UPDATE

THE dISNEY CREWS ARE WORKIN ON 1OOO AND 1100 LOOPS NOW (AT LEAST WHEN IT IS NOT RAINING)

Here are pictures of 1000 as of Sunday, May 24th:

DisneyMemorialDay051.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay056.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay052.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay053.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay054.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay057.jpg

And a picture of the 1600 Comfort Station:
DisneyMemorialDay050.jpg

As of 5/28/09, the 1000 loop was still closed, but it looks very close to completion. A few grills have not yet been installed.

And, the 1100 loop is now closed, and chainsaw man has begun the massacre. A few photos:

FW52809025.jpg

FW52809026.jpg

FW52809027.jpg

FW52809028.jpg

FW52809029.jpg

FW52809030.jpg

FW52809031.jpg

FW52809032.jpg

FW52809033.jpg

It looks like the workers got chased off of the job on 5/28 by the rain and lightning. I'm sure they will be back at it soon. I would expect the 1000 loop to be open within the next few days, and probably a few weeks for the 1100 loop.

TCD

While we were there last week. They a large trailer loaded with baled pine needles in loop 1000. My son just couldn't believe that they imported pine needles for the loops. Heck we live in Florida, we have pine needles everywhere. He is still amazed. LOL

The 1000 loop is finished and they placed a lot of campers in there today- weather permiting i would expect 100 loop to be ready in a few days

As of yesterday (June 12) the 1100 loop's conversion to Premium is complete. It was opened and filled yesterday morning.

Heres the dreaded chipper guy in the 700 loop last week

Picture057-1.jpg

heres some of the 700 loop as of 6/10
Picture059-1.jpg

Heres the old RR bed behind the as of 6/10 and the next one was from Dec notice some of the trees were cut so maybe thats the new project going on
Picture058-1.jpg

HPIM0741.jpg

the mulch in the third pic is the dog walk where it crosses the rr bed behind the 700 loop
sorry the pictures are so big I screwed up

Great job Tnbob!!! Don't apologize for the large pictures. Large is good!!!

Thanks for the pics!! I've updated the first post to reflect that 1100 is open and that 700 is reclosed!!

Keep the updates coming folks!!!

As of this morning 6/27, the 700 loop is open. Barricades are down, sites are clean, but no campers yet.

As of this morning 6/27, the 700 loop is open. Barricades are down, sites are clean, but no campers yet.

Evening of 6-29 and still no campers in the 700 loop. :confused3 There are not working in the loop any more not sure why they are not putting any campers in that loop. The only thing I can figure there are a lot of open sites left today in all categories.

Evening of 6-29 and still no campers in the 700 loop. :confused3 There are not working in the loop any more not sure why they are not putting any campers in that loop. The only thing I can figure there are a lot of open sites left today in all categories.

A large group reservation may also be coming in also. Easier to keep it empty if there are plenty of other sites.

That's right. 100, 200 and 300 are now the only Preferred loops.

:santa:

I visited the Fort on 7/18/09 to see how things look.

It appears that the loop conversion project is complete.

There have been no reported loop closings since the first of the month, and there are no signs of any construction at the Fort at the moment.

Now that the dust has settled, where are we?

I checked the loops for poop bag dispensers. Obviously, the loops with dispensers are intended to be used as pet loops, those without are not.

I also checked with a castmember at the front desk, who confirmed the following designations independently of my visual observation of the poop bags. Based on my subjective questioning, I confirmed that this castmember was a reliable source of information.

Of course, Fort management has changed what loops are designated as pet loops in the past, and could easily do so again, but this is the state of things at present:

100 preferred non-pet
200 preferred non-pet
300 preferred pet
400 premium pet
500 premium pet
600 premium pet
700 premium pet
800 premium pet
900 premium pet
1000 premium non-pet
1100 premium non-pet
1200 premium non-pet
1300 premium non-pet
1400 premium non-pet
1500 partial non-pet
1600 full pet
1700 full pet
1800 full pet
1900 full pet
2000 partial non-pet

The pattern that has clearly emerged is that the premium loops closest to the dog park are pet loops. Premium loops further away from the dog park are not pet loops. For some reason, all of the full hook up loops are pet loops. There are no full non-pet loops. And, of course, the two partial loops remain non-pet loops.

What remains to be seen is whether, now that the construction is done, the Fort management will enforce the non-pet loop designations.

TCD

TCD! Again, thank you for the investigative reporting!!

Just a history fact here (cause we all know I'm old and have lived the history :laughing:). Back in the early 90's when FtW decided to allow pets at the sites, the original pet loops were 1600-1900 as full hook-up, and were lovingly known as the "doggie loops". 300 was a preferred "doggie loop". If they had more people with pets than pet sites, they would over-flow into 1200 & 1300.

I'm very glad that there are a lot more pet loops available, even if they fall into the high-priced premium category. To those of us with pets, they are our babies just as much as the human ones and I, for one, would not think of going camping without my "camping kitties"!!

Now....if TCD says it, you can take it to the bank!! :thumbsup2

I visited the Fort on 7/18/09 to see how things look.

It appears that the loop conversion project is complete.

There have been no reported loop closings since the first of the month, and there are no signs of any construction at the Fort at the moment.

Now that the dust has settled, where are we?

I checked the loops for poop bag dispensers. Obviously, the loops with dispensers are intended to be used as pet loops, those without are not.

I also checked with a castmember at the front desk, who confirmed the following designations independently of my visual observation of the poop bags. Based on my subjective questioning, I confirmed that this castmember was a reliable source of information.

Of course, Fort management has changed what loops are designated as pet loops in the past, and could easily do so again, but this is the state of things at present:

100 preferred non-pet
200 preferred non-pet
300 preferred pet
400 premium pet
500 premium pet
600 premium pet
700 premium pet
800 premium pet
900 premium pet
1000 premium non-pet
1100 premium non-pet
1200 premium non-pet
1300 premium non-pet
1400 premium non-pet
1500 partial non-pet
1600 full pet
1700 full pet
1800 full pet
1900 full pet
2000 partial non-pet

The pattern that has clearly emerged is that the premium loops closest to the dog park are pet loops. Premium loops further away from the dog park are not pet loops. For some reason, all of the full hook up loops are pet loops. There are no full non-pet loops. And, of course, the two partial loops remain non-pet loops.

What remains to be seen is whether, now that the construction is done, the Fort management will enforce the non-pet loop designations.

TCD
I am getting very frustrated with the loop conversions. When I try to get an answer about the pet loops, I can't get the same answer twice. According to the reservation cast member today, the 1700 and 1900 are not pet loops. They are regular full hook up. The only full hook up pet loops are the 1600 and 1800 loops.
Does anyone have any additional information? I was quite happy with the way things were. We are coming to the fort the end of October and because of the conversions, I had an easier time getting reservations for 2 weeks last Christmas.
Thanks for the help:mickeyjum

We just returned yesterday from staying in the 1700 loop . There were several campers there in that loop with dogs. Fortunately, they were all well-behaved and quiet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter