Living With the Land - Am I missing something?

I love it. The first part with the rainforest/desert/farm is my favorite part: the sights and sounds are really interesting and relaxing at the same time--like a slow boat version of soarin. And my kids like spotting all the hidden mickeys in the greenhouse portion. Plus, there is never much of a wait.

I want a room like each of those in my house that I can just chill in for hours and hours and hours.

we just got back and totally forgot to ride this one.. ;)
no doubt, we would have had my wife been with us.. but since she was not, we skipped it.. its a nice relaxing ride when you need some down time but lately, the wait time for it has been too much and IMO, its not worthy of waiting much more than 10 or 15 minutes for..

I love this attraction because it is sooooo relaxing. It gets me off my feet for a while and out of the heat if it's hot. I'm not into gardening but really enjoy seeing the plants. It is a must do for me and DH humors me and goes on it and closes his eyes to relax and give his eyes a break. DD12 goes through phases each trip where she she insists that we ride it or whines that it is boring so I never know which way she will swing on that ride.

One of our recent trips, DD not only insisted on riding it but insisted on doing the Behind the Seeds tour which we both really enjoyed.

Two best things about LWTL, air condition and looking for hidden Mickey's when you pass through the garden area.

I ride it every trip and skip Soarin' ....

But I don't believe it is for everyone. If you aren't into farming, planting, fresh produce growing options ... you'll likely be bored and with time being of the essence in parks these days I would skip it. NOTE: I won't wait in a long line ... either grab a FP+ or use standby if basically walk on.

The quintissential EPCOT Center attraction, sure it isn't for everyone, but it is important as it shows modern/futuristic ways to grow food and they are continuously updating the methodology. They work with NASA sometimes as well for various experiments that can be used in space. It's also to see where the food you eat in Epcot comes from as many of the fruits and veggies and fish come from there.

I think it’s one you can skip and not feel like you missed out. Nobody comes home from a Disney trip talking about living with the land. Though I do think it’s interesting while relaxing, and my kids all surprisingly like it.

If you aren't into gardening or horticulture or growing stuff, you won't like it. If you enjoy seeing different methods of raising food sources, you'll enjoy it. We enjoy the ride because it is calm and relaxing, plus our son is a horticulturist and landscape architect. It's not thrilling in the least. Just pleasant.

But I don't believe it is for everyone. If you aren't into farming, planting, fresh produce growing options ... you'll likely be bored and with time being of the essence in parks these days I would skip it. NOTE: I won't wait in a long line ... either grab a FP+ or use standby if basically walk on.

I don’t know. Nobody in my family is even remotely interested in gardening, horticulture, or farming and it’s a must do for us. It’s one of those rides I‘d recommend to everyone since most people find it surprisingly enjoyable. :)

I don’t know. Nobody in my family is even remotely interested in gardening, horticulture, or farming and it’s a must do for us. It’s one of those rides I‘d recommend to everyone since most people find it surprisingly enjoyable. :)
The first time we went on that ride, my son was only four. We just though it was an interesting, relaxing boat ride.

This is one of the few rides we go on multiple times per trip - absolutely one of the favorites of everyone in my family - we have kids aged 4 to 10. Love the ride itself and looking for all the hidden Mickeys

We also listen to the old song (Listen to the Land ) in the car a lot when we drive

I think there are always going to be the outliers but I can say with each trip that there are many around us that clearly look bored, spend their time on their phone or even verbalize it's not what they thought. IF someone is trying to crush lots of rides in to a shorter period of time, I still think unless it is your interest it is one to skip to maximize your time. For many cuts have to be made and I think this is one.

We really enjoy LWTL. As others have indicated, it's nice to chill out and ride this ride when it's super hot outside, or when you've been going full tilt boogie in the parks. The wait time is typically much shorter than other Epcot rides, which is a bonus.

Our favorite part of the ride is to look for the snippet of the Garden Grill that you can see from the boat! :love:

I hope your trip is magical!

I think there are always going to be the outliers but I can say with each trip that there are many around us that clearly look bored, spend their time on their phone or even verbalize it's not what they thought. IF someone is trying to crush lots of rides in to a shorter period of time, I still think unless it is your interest it is one to skip to maximize your time. For many cuts have to be made and I think this is one.
This is why when I made my WDW list of rides and attractions and shows as well as for DLR I would say "MS" for Must See and "TP" for Time Permits.

I do think I would recommend riding it once but I tend to say that for all rides people may have even just a tiny bit of interest in. I think for some they can just use it as a slow boat ride and a chance to get off your feet but of course if it's a 30min wait and you were using it for that you might find it not worth the time when the theming of the ride ended up not interesting you.

I think there are always going to be the outliers but I can say with each trip that there are many around us that clearly look bored, spend their time on their phone or even verbalize it's not what they thought.

I ride this every trip, and I've never once come across people doing/saying that. I enjoy this nice, educational and relaxing ride and don't think I'm an "outlier" in that regard.

Love LWTL.

Ask for a seat in the front row-it surprisingly makes a big difference.

We actually love the first part of the ride with the "campy" animatronics,etc. better than the Greenhouses.

And it is a totally different experience at night if that opportunity ever presents. :)

This is so true! My mom and sister absolutely LOVE the ride (I tolerate it) but I will say that it is far more enjoyable in the front. You can see everything in the greenhouses easier and you get a wonderful breeze going through them which just adds to the relaxation factor, especially on hot days.

I think it’s one you can skip and not feel like you missed out. Nobody comes home from a Disney trip talking about living with the land. Though I do think it’s interesting while relaxing, and my kids all surprisingly like it.

😂 I had to highlight the above, because we rode this for the first time in 2017. It was actually a ride that we did come home and talk about! 😂 My kids were 11, 11 and 12 that first time. One of my boys went in 2018 and was able to go on the Behind the Seeds tour and he loved that as well. The whole family went again a few months ago and this was a ride everyone wanted to go on again. This time I was able to go on the Behind the Seeds tour with the same son that had already been on it. This ride, and the tour, has introduced the idea of horticulture to my son as a possible career choice which I never would have expected. We really enjoy the ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter