Living With the Land - Am I missing something?

I think it’s one you can skip and not feel like you missed out. Nobody comes home from a Disney trip talking about living with the land. Though I do think it’s interesting while relaxing, and my kids all surprisingly like it.
Out of all the talking about Disney I do, LWTL prob at least ties for the ride/attraction that I talk about the most. I'm not particularly into gardening, but something about those giant lemons and tomatoes "trees"...

I think it’s one you can skip and not feel like you missed out. Nobody comes home from a Disney trip talking about living with the land. Though I do think it’s interesting while relaxing, and my kids all surprisingly like it.
LOL, it's official. I'm a nobody. :)
I come home and talk about it often.
It's on my list of rides that shouldn't be skipped for anyone who doesn't go often.

I like the Holiday displays, especially the sand family and the rosemary Christmas tree!

It is a “nearly every visit” ride for me!

I was as a child taken to gardens and greenhouses all the time. My parents were heavily into plants and growing things. We rode this when it was Listen with the Land. I still remember the song. For me it is pure nostalgia. The smell of the greenhouse takes right back. Plus it is very relaxing. It's not for everyone.

We love this ride and hit it every time we go to EPCOT which could be 5/6 times per trip.

It’s also frequently one of the places my mind drifts to while at home in the real world. I even find myself just listening to the audio of the ride when cleaning etc.

It’s the perfect slow boat ride to just relax & give the feet a nice rest. You’ll learn some very cool agriculture facts along the way. We do it at least a couple times on every trip. It’s just one of those traditional stops we need to make. It feels very special for some reason.

I'm in agreement that its not the most thrilling ride, but it is a unique ride. It's educational and informative, and something that you can only do at Disney. Something you can only do at Epcot even - nothing like it in any other Disney park. The wait times are short enough and the ride itself is short enough that I think its worth doing, especially if time permits.

We haven’t done this ride since our first visit 17 years ago, but plan to this time. Any hidden Mickey clues for us newbies?
Look in the shrimp tanks and for hoses on the grates as you go past the sturgeon. :) There are also hidden Mickey's in the plantings (some are easier to see than others).

It's slow and relaxing. I always enjoy seeing what they are growing in there. But it's not a thrill ride. As others have said it's great on a hot day and there is rarely a line.

My husband enjoys it because he loves gardening, etc. Plus he isn't a thrill ride kind of person. I only enjoy it because he enjoys it and it is relaxing, especially when we are exhausted and need to get off our feet.

I'm not particularly into gardening or hydroponics or anything, but I think it's interesting. It's not my favorite ride but I never miss it. Unless you have a grudge against gardening, I wouldn't skip it. The line is never very long, it's out of the heat, and most of my time at Epcot is spent outside walking around so I'm thankful for the little break.

So we are planning out what rides we'll be going on for an upcoming trip. This one seems to be on people's list...but it doesn't look good.

We've watched videos, and i know that is not the same as riding a ride, but it does look dreadfully boring.

Do you guys skip this one?

Please don't let other videos influence your decision on riding this. I was surprised by how much my 11 year old son enjoyed this ride! I knew I would regardless. It's great for riding in the heat. I think the ride is at least 10 minutes long. I got awesome video from it. There was even a point where supposedly the ride had a "problem", but we seemed to trek right on along anyway as the boat creeped along for a few minutes. It picked up normal speed in no time.

And I forgot about Cinderella Pumpkins. You've got to look for them in the Fall.

I just have to expound a bit, Living With The Land is one of those rides for me that you go on as a child and it gets a firm grip on your nostalgia trigger.
I remember it from the 80's when I was a kid, reminds me of my parents. It just gives me an almost melancholy, sweet feeling whenever I ride it, times gone by. :lovestruc

This is why it's so hard for some of us to lose rides that seem so outdated to people who just started going to Disney. Stupid memories. Stupid Disney...

I think the above is what we refer to as the "Disney Bug"....

All I could think of after reading this was "Stupid Judy..." :rotfl2:

Well the 10 year old loves it. As she puts it she rides the top of the ride at breakfast (Garden Grill) then she get to ride the bottom of it Living With The Land. We do it every trip

It's a great ride and very educational.
Very succinct answer here. I have a friend who loves it merely because it's the only thing left at Epcot (in his opinion) that still tries to teach you something. I already liked it and now enjoy even more with that nugget. I think relaxing for sure. The music through all the sections is just so well placed. It's not just one piece of music, it's a bunch of them, and I love them all. Except in that last section before you disembark because I got stuck there for 15 minutes one time and I went a little crazy. :crazy:

Always found that ride enjoyable and various plants/vegetables are grown in the greenhouse based on the time of year, so you see different crops based on when you go. Honestly can't say I recall the music, like some others apparently do. I can name several other rides across the various parks that haven't change in 10+years which are candidates for a 'makeover'.

There is a also a walking 'behind the scenes tour' of this ride which we did many years ago. Don't know what the current price is, but worth doing if you enjoy the greenhouse experience.

We both absolutely love LWTL. Sure, it's not the most thrilling ride, after the first couple of flume drops it's quite sedate, but the whole section through the greenhouses is always interesting. Plus, y'know, air conditioning..

I'm old school and an Epcot nostalgic. So, I love it as do others like me. Yes, it's a relaxing boat ride and it's not a huge imagineering "feat" - but it's classic Epcot, I love the greenhouse portion and I actually like the whole idea behind the fact that they serve the veggies in some Epcot restaurants. I also am a total lover of the land... the real land... not taking about the pavilion - although I love it as well. It's a must do for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!