Living With the Land - Am I missing something?

Chrizwald

Mouseketeer
So we are planning out what rides we'll be going on for an upcoming trip. This one seems to be on people's list...but it doesn't look good.

We've watched videos, and i know that is not the same as riding a ride, but it does look dreadfully boring.

Do you guys skip this one?

If you aren't into gardening or horticulture or growing stuff, you won't like it. If you enjoy seeing different methods of raising food sources, you'll enjoy it. We enjoy the ride because it is calm and relaxing, plus our son is a horticulturist and landscape architect. It's not thrilling in the least. Just pleasant.

Are you talking about the Behind the Seeds tour? Or the Living with the Land ride? The ride is very interesting as it goes through the greenhouses. The tour is an additional expense, maybe $20-25 a person, I can't remember, we just did it in March but I had a discount. The tour is about an hour and goes backstage. We all really enjoyed it.

It's definitely not a thrill ride, lol!

It's location just feet away from Soarin' make this attraction a bit more "popular".
We ride it....it's relaxing...

My 15yo DD completely surprised me this weekend. We were discussing plans for our Epcot day and she insisted we have to ride Living with the Land. We're in the parks for far fewer days than usual this trip and our Epcot day isn't a full day so we are really limited on time, but she's set on spending some of that limited time riding this ride. I asked her why and she told me it's interesting and it's relaxing. I find it interesting and relaxing but would be fine skipping it for other things.

We ride Living With the Land every time we visit Disney, and to be honest, almost every time we visit Epcot, which is usually at least 4 times during our trip. Needless to say, it is a must do for us. No, it is not like riding Test Track, but not everything needs to be Test Track. It is relaxing, interesting, and informative much like most of Epcot used to be.

We went on it for the first time in 2017, either it was closed when we went the other times or we just passed it up thinking it was NBD.

I'm kinda sad it took until 2017 to go on it. It's now something I'd like to do each time I'm at WDW.

It's a boat ride and nothing thrilling but it's educational, neat to see the food grown and bonus gives you a few off your feet.

The nice thing is it's inside the Land pavilion which houses Soarin' and Sunshine Seasons as well as Garden Grill (two places to eat; a QS and TS respectively) and eventually a new nature film. I say it's a nice thing because if you intend to ride Soarin' you can easily get to Living with the Land, or if you're eating at one of those two places you can get there plus inside the Land pavilion is a great place to escape from the heat or rain :)

Its a nice relaxing ride that usually doesn't have a long line. WE do it right after Soarin'.
If you aren't into gardening or horticulture or growing stuff, you won't like it. If you enjoy seeing different methods of raising food sources, you'll enjoy it. We enjoy the ride because it is calm and relaxing
Absolutely agree. The ride is nice, but love the Greenhouses. See something new everytime.

If you're looking for a thrill ride, this isn't it.

I check the wait and if the line is not too bad usually go on it. I find it interesting.

Yes, you can skip it. But the above posters are all correct. It is great to relax, get off your feet, etc.

If you have kids I doubt they will ask to ride it again.

I recently gave my kids (DS13 and DS11) a little survey, under the guise of "if I was to plan a surprise trip, what are your must-do things." They don't know we are going at the end of August so it was a way to make sure I wasn't missing anything. They enjoy absolutely everything at Epcot (except FEA) but Test Track and Living with the Land were their only "my trip is ruined if we miss it" attractions. Our whole family loves it!

We like it and do it every vacation. A chance to relax and we just think it is neat.

Living With the Land is a classic Epcot attraction. If you are into classic attractions, it is definitely worth going on. I usually go on it if it is a walk-on which it can be towards the end of the day.

Also, if you are coming during a festival like Flower and Garden or Food and Wine Festival, etc, the ride shows you what ingredients were used in specific dishes that you might try around the Festival as you sail by the specific plants. It's a great way to preview festival food dishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter