Living With the Land - Am I missing something?

Our whole family loves it. It's a nice relaxing boat ride. Our favorite part is going through all the greenhouses to see the plants. Lol, we will happily go on the ride twice in a day as there are so many plants to see in the greenhouse.

I have 3 small kids and we love LWTL because there are no height restrictions, and my kids are young enough to get a kick out of seeing the fish and flowers. But when DH and I do our adults-only date night, we never go on it... limited time and too many other fun things to do at EP!

As others have said, I agree that it’s a nice break if the wait time is low, or if you want to relax off your feet in air conditioning.

It took me until my 3rd or 4th trip to go on it, and now I wonder why I never went on it.

Not all rides have to be intense thrill ride e-tickets.

While it's not my favorite and I wouldn't be upset to skip it, I do find it enjoyable. Anytime we've been on it, there's been no wait and we've had the bench to ourselves. We can relax for a bit while being mildly entertained. If you've never done it, I would recommend it at least once. It has that Epcot essence, if that makes any sense.

The ride is a great escape from your Disney vacation! It's cool, it's relaxing, it's educational, and no one is screaming. Now if Disney would only have an extended People Mover that would start at MK and go through Living with the Land.

We do it about every second trip. It's not thrilling but I find it interesting. We only do it every second time because it almost seems like new to me when we go on it as I've forgotten a number of the things that they show you plus some of the horticulture stuff may be new. I still remember going on it the very first time back in 2000; we ate at Garden Grill (wasn't character at the time) and quite a few ingredients came from the greenhouses. I still remember being told that most of the greens in our salad came from there. I'm still a bit peeved that GG is now character as I won't typically eat at these and I have very fond memories of the place.

We do it about every second trip. It's not thrilling but I find it interesting. We only do it every second time because it almost seems like new to me when we go on it as I've forgotten a number of the things that they show you plus some of the horticulture stuff may be new. I still remember going on it the very first time back in 2000; we ate at Garden Grill (wasn't character at the time) and quite a few ingredients came from the greenhouses. I still remember being told that most of the greens in our salad came from there. I'm still a bit peeved that GG is now character as I won't typically eat at these and I have very fond memories of the place.

We even did the Behind the Seeds tour which was much shorter and less structured than I believe it is now but it was also free at the time (I think it was about 1 hour long) and it was just DH and I and another couple with a tour guide who was a Ph.D. student in agriculture. Very interesting. I'm planning to re-do the tour some time over the next couple of years.

I still really enjoy LwtL even though I have to admit that I enjoyed it more when there was a human being who gave the spiel and not a recording. But it's always cool to see the greenhouses. And the ride's quite relaxing. I will not, however, wait in line more than 10 minutes for it.

I love it. The first part with the rainforest/desert/farm is my favorite part: the sights and sounds are really interesting and relaxing at the same time--like a slow boat version of soarin. And my kids like spotting all the hidden mickeys in the greenhouse portion. Plus, there is never much of a wait.

We like it too. A way to rest your tired feet and hot body while still being somewhat interesting. We love to see which plants they are growing each visit. Probably in our top six things to do at Epcot.

If you've never been to Epcot, it will give you a good glimpse at old school Epcot. Just go into it knowing that it's educational and relaxing and don't go looking for a 'wow' factor. You may see some food that will end up on your plate at some point in your trip. My kids have enjoyed it at a variety of ages.

It's one of those underrated attractions in my opinion. I never think of it as anything amazing, yet every time I go on it I am always delighted and appreciative of the experience. It could maybe use an update here and there, but it's a pretty quintessential Epcot attraction.

Definitely worth doing if you have never been on it before. I guarantee you will learn something interesting on the ride. We still do it every trip, but I wouldn't miss it now if we skipped it.

I love living with the land. I just wish they would update it. They have a research division there and they used to keep it pretty up to date with the new ideas. I loved growing plants in space before they took it out. But it feels like the aquaponics isn't really that cutting edge new and doesn't add anything. Also the video before you go into the greenhouse has been there forever - please add some new stuff about "here at EPCOT we're..." . The very last scene with the goodbye... add a few tv's so you can rotate pictures.

But those are minor things. It's still on my must do list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter