Living With the Land - Am I missing something?

I love it. The first part with the rainforest/desert/farm is my favorite part: the sights and sounds are really interesting and relaxing at the same time--like a slow boat version of soarin. And my kids like spotting all the hidden mickeys in the greenhouse portion. Plus, there is never much of a wait.

We also love looking for the hidden Mickeys throughout the plants and in the fish tanks! We go on LwtL every trip because we've rarely seen it with a super long wait, it is relaxing, and educational. We have even done the Behind the Seeds tour (it was our first WDW tour and figured we couldn't go wrong with the low price). That was also pretty cool!

It is what it is. It's not meant to be a "ride". It's informative. You're either interested in it or you're not. But even if you're not, it's still very relaxing and pleasant.

It took me years to even notice this ride! But now we ride it any time we're nearby. Love it! It's relaxing and I love seeing all the fruits and vegetables.

Living with the Land is a must do for DW and I. We usually arrange our FPs for Soarin' and LWtL back to back. Of course we are gardeners and enjoy seeing what is growing in the greenhouse. We did the Behind the Seeds tour once many years ago.

As a previous poster notes, LWtL harkens back to the original mission of Epcot. I am glad that it is still with us.

I love it and we never skip it.

It’s totally relaxing. Classic Epcot. Unique for a theme park ride. I think it’s neat and informative, and I notice something different every time we ride it. Honestly one of my favorite attractions.

I’ll cry if it ever goes away.

We haven’t done this ride since our first visit 17 years ago, but plan to this time. Any hidden Mickey clues for us newbies?

Our whole family loves LWtL. It is definitely one of our Must-Dos every time we go to Epcot. My kids have loved it since they were little.

We like it and usually ride it right before eating at Garden Grill - but ... it was much better when there was a
CM on the "boat" narrating , rather than the current version -

I just have to expound a bit, Living With The Land is one of those rides for me that you go on as a child and it gets a firm grip on your nostalgia trigger.
I remember it from the 80's when I was a kid, reminds me of my parents. It just gives me an almost melancholy, sweet feeling whenever I ride it, times gone by. :lovestruc

This is why it's so hard for some of us to lose rides that seem so outdated to people who just started going to Disney. Stupid memories. Stupid Disney...

I think the above is what we refer to as the "Disney Bug"....

My daughter tolerated it as a tot. Well now at 15 she just loves it. (And has for a few years). We had extra cash left over on the trip because we weren’t eating so much because of the heat so she asked if we could do the behind the seeds tour. That was such a great tour. Loved it! Booked the night before with AP discount and I think it was just over $20 each to do it. Money well spent. So yes I recommend the boat ride and if you have time and money the tour too!

If you have the time, you must try everything at all 4 parks at least once. Whether you think it looks boring or not. Did you know that a lot of adults don’t do the “Story time with Belle” at MK because they think it is for kids. But, did you know it has an awesome animatronic of Lumiere and if you’ve seen the movie once, you will definitely enjoy the show. Not just for kids. We love LWTL. Guarantee you would learn one thing you didn’t know. Air conditioned, seated, cool and educational, what more could you ask for.

Is there anything better than The Land pavilion? Living with the Land is an Epcot must do!

Just make believe, you're a tiny little seed,
a tiny little seed that's reaching up to meet your need.
With the right amount of faith, and the right amount of earth,
you'll grow to see the sunshine on your day of birth.

😂 I had to highlight the above, because we rode this for the first time in 2017. It was actually a ride that we did come home and talk about! 😂 My kids were 11, 11 and 12 that first time. One of my boys went in 2018 and was able to go on the Behind the Seeds tour and he loved that as well. The whole family went again a few months ago and this was a ride everyone wanted to go on again. This time I was able to go on the Behind the Seeds tour with the same son that had already been on it. This ride, and the tour, has introduced the idea of horticulture to my son as a possible career choice which I never would have expected. We really enjoy the ride!
🤣 I stand corrected. That’s awesome that Epcot helped introduce a career choice for your son. I think that’s the essence of what the park was originally meant for. To inspire and shape how we see the world.

Its like Spaceship Earth,its a cool 1980's retro ride.As much as people love rides like Test Track and the upcoming Guardians coaster,theres something about these slower paced rides that people also love.We cant ride World of Motion or Horizons any more but Living with the land is still around.

Some people don't like it. I ride it every trip and find it relaxing. I usually ride it when the rest of my party rides Soarin (not a fan of feet dangling rides)

As a corner of the Internet mostly populated by Disney parks fans and Epcot nostalgists, you probably won’t find many here who speak ill of LwtL. But I’m sure many ride it and are like :confused3.

That being said, we love it - dated scenes and all.
LOL... so true.
It's like coming here and saying "has anyone here done X before?"
Suffice to say, it goes without saying that if it's at Disney and you are asking if there's anyone on this site that's done it, whatever it is the answer is yes, someone here has done it.

We love LwtL too. Do it pretty much each trip, unless we aren't doing Soarin' for some reason, then we don't do it since we aren't walking up there.

I love that it's different each ride. It and Safari at AK are the only rides that are ever changing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter