KFK's First TR!

KFK I must say that this is one heck of a TR. I love seeing the family having so much fun and you have done an amazing job of making the board feel like we were there to experience it as well.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for all the pictures and great narration as well as funny comments.

Still raining with no let up in sight. We're starting to get worried about the campfire being cancelled.

100_7455.jpg

Now the lightning is starting to pop so we decided that going inside might be a good idea.

This is our view from inside. I'd hate to be that 5th wheel just arriving.

No fun setting up in weather like this.

100_7458.jpg

Around 7:30 the rain finally stopped, but the skies still didn't look that great.

We decided to go ahead and take a chance and see if the campfire was going to happen.

When we got there we were the only ones. Then a couple of other people started milling around.

Finally a man said he was going to get the scoop. Apparently a decision hadn't been made yet...

But then......

suddenly......

a CM appeared with wood in hand.

The campfire was on!!!!! :banana:

There would be no singing or Chipmunks, but we'd at least have a fire and movie. Hooray!!

100_7459.jpg

100_7465.jpg

100_7466.jpg

100_7467.jpg

We had our own marshmallows but no roasting sticks, so we would need to get those at the chuckwagon.

Only 50 cents each. Pleasant surprise.

As you can see by the guest in the photo....the benches were very wet.

100_7469.jpg

Here's the prices for the Chuckwagon.

I recommend bringing your own stuff for Smore's.

The so called kits consisted of a very small bag of marshmallows, a very small pack of graham crackers and 1 Hershey bar.

You can get twice the stuff at half the price at the grocery store.

That's my campfire advice. Do with it what you will.

100_7471.jpg

Here's a shot of DS7 enjoying the Chip and Dale classic cartoon before the movie.

The movie was G-Force, not my fave, but he LOVES it.

100_7473.jpg

I do have one more bit of advice before concluding Day 14.

Take your kids to the Campfire/movie as many times as you can while at the Fort.

I always forget how much we enjoy it until we do it again.

It's such a wholesome, fantastic, laid back way to enjoy an evening of familiy time.

With that, Day 14 is at an end.

Day 15 is coming soon......more Fort stuff and an evening at MK.

We planned to do the campfire that same night, but didn't go after all that rain! My girls love GForce.
We did get there 2 other nights during our trip, though. You have to go twice, once to sit on the Chip side and once to sit on the Dale side, after all! And I agree it's one of our favorite things to do there.

That rain made it a great night to be out at Epcot, though! Chased the crowds and the heat away!

Your canoe pics are great. We'll have to put that on our list for next trip. Do you know if they allow 3 in a canoe?

Sorry, no pics of the front gate. We didn't get up there but a couple of times and there was nothing really to photograph at the time. Maybe some of the Fiends there now can get a few.

I don't really have cons in either loop. It's a toss up to me as to which I like best. Both 900 and 1400 are, for all intents and purposes, tied for the top spot IMO. They are both right in the heart of the Meadows area, close to the pool and campfire. Can't go wrong either way.

Thanks, The whole family is just lovin your TR, never stop!!!:dance3:

As you can see by the guest in the photo....the benches were very wet.

100_7469.jpg

Gosh.

First you post the photo of the poor man.

Now, this poor lady gets her wet butt plastered on the internet.

Who would do such a thing?:

92909062.jpg

92909063.jpg

(photos taken in line for Big Thunder Mountain)

Your canoe pics are great. We'll have to put that on our list for next trip. Do you know if they allow 3 in a canoe?

I can answer that - yes, three are allowed in the canoes.

TCD

One of FAVORITE camping moments!

My beverage of choice is also coffee, unless the rain happens to be falling after 6:30am or before 4:00am, in which case it switches to beer.

Mine will occasionally switch to a tall glass of sweet iced tea or a cold Cherry Coca Cola.

Not beer.

I have DS5 to contend with and all mental faculties, such as they are, must be present and ready for action at all times. :rotfl:

KFK I must say that this is one heck of a TR. I love seeing the family having so much fun and you have done an amazing job of making the board feel like we were there to experience it as well.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for all the pictures and great narration as well as funny comments.

Thank you for your nice comments.

I am enjoying your TR as well. Yes, I've been followiing along.

Sometimes, I read it through my e-mail notices instead of logging in to the Disboards so I haven't commented as much as I'd like.

We planned to do the campfire that same night, but didn't go after all that rain! My girls love GForce.
We did get there 2 other nights during our trip, though. You have to go twice, once to sit on the Chip side and once to sit on the Dale side, after all! And I agree it's one of our favorite things to do there.

That rain made it a great night to be out at Epcot, though! Chased the crowds and the heat away!

Would have been cool to run into you at the campfire. Disney will always try to get on with things if possible so we knew we had a chance of at least a movie. After all that rain the fire was a bonus.

We learned the hard way about Chip and Dale. A couple of years ago we went twice so the boys could see both chipmunks and made the mistake of sitting on the same side again. Duh.

Thanks, The whole family is just lovin your TR, never stop!!!:dance3:

I'm so glad your family is enjoying it!

But sadly day 15 and Departure Day are the last of it.

I call it D-Day.

Never a happy day for our gang.

Gosh.

First you post the photo of the poor man.

Now, this poor lady gets her wet butt plastered on the internet.

Who would do such a thing?:

(photos taken in line for Big Thunder Mountain)

TCD

Who would do such a thing you ask?

Apparently You and I. :rotfl2:

Are my eyes playing tricks on me....

or do those britches say GOLDDIGGER?

GOOD LAWDY!!!!

THAR'S GOLD IN THEM THAR HILLS!!!!

Three of THESE???? :scared1:

To quote Sheriff Brody, "You're gonna need a bigger boat".

jaws_swims_behind_chief_brody-1.jpg

What are we gonna do with you Dave? :laughing:

Are my eyes playing tricks on me....

or do those britches say GOLDDIGGER?

GOOD LAWDY!!!!

THAR'S GOLD IN THEM THAR HILLS!!!!

Indeed they do.

I appreciated that she was giving everyone fair warning.

I wanted to get myself a pair of britches that said "Golddigger Digger."

But Mrs. TCD said no.

TCD

I'm so glad your family is enjoying it!

But sadly day 15 and Departure Day are the last of it.

I call it D-Day.

Never a happy day for our gang.

AAAAHHHHHHH! SO SAD!!!

Day 15. Our last full day.

My how the time flies at WDW.

You would think that 15 days would feel like forever,

but whether you're there 5 days or 15.....it's NEVER long enough!!!! IMO.

We know we're going to MK in the evening, but have decided to take it easy for the first half of the day.

What better to do than go for a swim.

P8021512.jpg

P8021515.jpg

P8021516.jpg

P8021518.jpg

P8021519.jpg

P8021520.jpg

P8021521.jpg

P8021527.jpg

P8021544.jpg

I don't have much commentary to add there, but I will say that the boys were lovin' the slide!!

The spash area was a hit too. I'm not sure which they liked best.

We're going to make sure we spend more time at the pool next time. It was very nice in the morning b/c there weren't as many people and it wasn't quite as hot.

It was getting lunch time, so back to 912 it is. After we ate whatever it was we ate, it was time to get ready and head to the Kingdom for our final Hoorah!

We realized we hadn't been to the Tri-Circle D Farm yet so we've decided to stop by there before going to MK.

Gotta run for now, but I'll be back later on with TCD Farm pics and the remainder of our last visit to MK.

I don't have much commentary to add there, but I will say that the boys were lovin' the slide!!

The spash area was a hit too. I'm not sure which they liked best.

We're going to make sure we spend more time at the pool next time. It was very nice in the morning b/c there weren't as many people and it wasn't quite as hot.

No need for commentary, the photos say it all. Early morning is definitely the best time for the pool. We went around 9am and it was perfect except that the slide and splash area didn't open until 10am.

No need for commentary, the photos say it all. Early morning is definitely the best time for the pool. We went around 9am and it was perfect except that the slide and splash area didn't open until 10am.

We were there after 10 a.m. so the slides were a go when we got there. Good info though. I think the slides and splash area close at a certain time in the evening too, but I'm not sure what time.

On our way to the TCD Farm we wanted to see if the Fiends in 1400 loop could be found.

No one was home.

Drats.

But I did spot something very curious hanging on this clothesline that didn't even involve trees... Tsk, Tsk.

100_7476.jpg

Lets take a closer look.....

100_7477.jpg

I don't want to name call, but tie dye can only mean one thing.....:hippie:

Now we've arrived at the TCD Farm.

Farm!? But where are all the animals?

100_7478.jpg

There's a horse.

100_7479.jpg

DS5.

100_7480.jpg

The place you pay to ride the ponies.

100_7483.jpg

A couple of ponies.

100_7485.jpg

What in the name of Musket Mickey is going on here?!

No piggies.

No goats.

No chickens.

No nuttin' but a couple of ponies that you can't pet.

You can ride them, but not pet them.

I guess the TCD Farm is no longer a petting farm.

Darn.

Oh well, guess we'll just go on over to the TCD Ranch and take a look around.

100_7486.jpg

100_7490.jpg

I wish they had the calliope displayed better.

You can't really get that great of a look at it.

But at least you can see it a little bit.

100_7491.jpg

Everyone, meet John.

100_7494.jpg

A peek at the staff only end of the stables.

100_7495.jpg

The Blacksmith Shop.

Who remembers when there used to be an actual Blacksmith hammering out the horseshoes?

Do they still have a blacksmith?

100_7496.jpg

100_7497.jpg

DS7 found another pony.

100_7499.jpg

We enjoyed watching this beauty graze for a few minutes.

100_7500.jpg

DH and the DS' wandering on around to the FW Pavillion.

Since I've already posted pics of that I'm not going to post anymore here.

100_7503.jpg

It's starting to get a little late in the day so it's time to mosey on over to the marina and catch our last boat to the MK.

Notice the flowering bushes in the distance and to the left of the pathway.

In a moment this will be a good illustration on the importance of slowing down, taking it all in and enjoying the small things the Fort has to offer.

100_7507.jpg

The back door to the D.C. Arcade.

If we hadn't takent the time to walk back to the Pavillion we wouldn't have found out the Arcade had a back door.

Not a big deal, but we wouldn't have known.

100_7508.jpg

This is why you shouldn't rush too much at FW.

FW was meant to help you slow down the pace and enjoy a laid back atmosphere of a bygone era.

If we'd rushed to quickly to the marina to catch that next boat,

we would have missed this.....

100_7510.jpg

I love the Fort.

Who remembers when there used to be an actual Blacksmith hammering out the horseshoes?

Do they still have a blacksmith?
Yes they do! At least in March they did. He works a few days a week, and is very interesting to talk to.

Plus, my DD12 found out that if you spend some time with him, and are very polite and discuss your interest in horses, he just might give you a used horseshoe! She was so pumped to actually receive a horseshoe that was used at WDW...maybe that even walked down Main Street USA! That horseshoe has a prominent spot on her bedroom wall.

KFK-

I am loving all of the FW photos!

But, I have to say I am a bit surprised that you would post this photo of a poor unsuspecting guest at the pool:

100_7265.jpg

I mean, there I was there minding my own business, and now my photo is all over the internet.

Who would do such a thing?

FW42409031.jpg

Now that I look at these photos together, though, it looks like a may have lost a little weight. (But also some hair too, unfortunately)

Go me!

TCD

TCD I know it is not you, you are not a plumber and this guy is the head of the plumbers union.

KFK -- I think I was as disappointed to see your TR end as you were having the actual trip end! This was a great TR. I especially liked the brotherly love between your kiddos -- reminds me of my guys when they were that age! (Now their expressions of brotherly love involve full-on tackles and lame attempts at insults. I was told, "But Mom. That's how brothers show each other they care.")

Can't wait for your next trip!

Lets take a closer look.....

100_7477.jpg

I don't want to name call, but tie dye can only mean one thing.....:hippie:

Oh dear!

I'm afraid you're right.

At least there are no accordions lying around.

I wish they had the calliope displayed better.

You can't really get that great of a look at it.

But at least you can see it a little bit.

I agree with you. I don't get why they did this. There is actually a very interesting history about this calliope, and when its installation was announced, there was mention of them playing it from time to time.

The enclosure appears to be designed so the entire wall can be slid open, so maybe someday they will actually use this thing.

They spent the money to move it hear and build the enclosure, you would think maybe they could put up a sign or something to tell folks a bit about it.

Yes they do! At least in March they did. He works a few days a week, and is very interesting to talk to.

Plus, my DD12 found out that if you spend some time with him, and are very polite and discuss your interest in horses, he just might give you a used horseshoe! She was so pumped to actually receive a horseshoe that was used at WDW...maybe that even walked down Main Street USA! That horseshoe has a prominent spot on her bedroom wall.

Good to know, Dave. Congratulations to your DD. I also was given a horseshoe by the Blacksmith. If you ever visit my campsite at the Fort, I usually have it hanging up somewhere. It brings me good luck.

TCD I know it is not you, you are not a plumber and this guy is the head of the plumbers union.

Hey, be careful with the plumber cracks.

I know Lonestar here on the boards is in that profession.

At least he claims to be.

When I met him, his pants were at an appropriate height.

So, I'm not sure if he's really a plumber.

The leopard print undies peeking through are a nice touch.

Of course.

She is a Golddigger, after all.

KFK- Thanks for more great photos and the reminder to slow down and appreciate the Fort! Like everyone else, I am not looking forward to the end of your report.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter