• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

KFK's First TR!

100_7277.jpg

I love this shot...the perspective through the landscaping is beautiful.

And it's not surprising that the dungeon is part of Snow White's ride. Not surprising at all.

Especially how Ms. White tries to blame it all on the Evil Queen. Quite a story.

I ain't buying it; she shouldn't be selling it.

Thanks Dave. I kinda liked that shot too.

I'm starting to get on board with believing there is something sinister about Ms. White.

Strange things happen when she's around.

I'm just sayin'....:rolleyes1

Still in the trading post.

This doesn't need much explanation, but I will say that those who believe Disney has a problem with guests hanging clotheslines on trees that do not belong to them no longer have an argument.

It appears that Disney welcomes such activities.

Look what's for sale at the MTP.

100_7302-1.jpg

I had to get a shot of the $7.95 canned cheese.

I can't imagine a craving so strong for canned cheese that I'm willing to pay that price for it.

Well, I can't really imagine a craving for canned cheese at all, but that's just me.

100_7303.jpg

When I came out of the trading post, I noticed a man in a GC wearing a white hat with lime green ears on the front.

Yep, he was a FrIEND. It was Big Kahuna! After a brief chat his wife and DD came out and I met them too. Very nice people.

Random.

100_7305.jpg

Rule breakers. :lmao:

100_7308-1.jpg

Distant shot of the pool area.

100_7315.jpg

The Meadows as seen from the Bike Barn.

100_7322.jpg

Just so anyone planning a trip can check out the rental prices in advance...

100_7323-1.jpg

Here are a few photos of the campfire/singalong/movie spot.

We did get over there on Day 14, I'll share that tomorrow.

100_7324.jpg

100_7325.jpg

100_7327-1.jpg

Our "backside" :laughing:

100_7333-1.jpg

Now that I've had my alone time GC-ing around the Fort, and all the guys have had a nice rest. We're heading back to the Kingdom for a bit.

Doesn't this spot feel special? I've always enjoyed being at the marina, seeing the welcome to FW signs, and all that jazz.

Being on Bay Lake and seeing the boats come and go reminds me that I'm at WDW, but in a very peaceful and relaxed place.

I'm getting "home" sick.

100_7336.jpg

Birds on a post at FW marina.

100_7337.jpg

The KFKids showing some love on the boat over to MK.

100_7343.jpg

Photopass photographer took this pic with our camera. There are so few with all of us together....

I just wish the boys would cooperate. Geez!

100_7356.jpg

Someone's excited to ride BLSRS for the umpteenth millionth time!

100_7359.jpg

If you love SM and don't want to see it lit up....

Don't look.

Turn away now.

While on TTA, SM was down, the camera was out and turned on...

so in true KFK form a pic had to happen.

I will admit that after seeing SnowWhite's dungeon for unruly photographers....

I was a little jumpy, and half expecting a CM to repel from the ceiling to confiscate my camera and lock me up.

100_7376.jpg

How many times do any of you ride TTA on any given trip?

I can't count.

100_7367.jpg

We did all of our favorite things at MK again, so I won't say any more about that. Once again, we stayed out fairly late before heading back to FW.

Since our time is now down to only two more days, we will be staying in the Fort on Day 14.

No parks.

None at all.

Tomorrow will be spent doing Fort stuff.

In the next installment: Canoeing, pool, campfire :thumbsup2

KFK-

I am loving all of the FW photos!

But, I have to say I am a bit surprised that you would post this photo of a poor unsuspecting guest at the pool:

100_7265.jpg

I mean, there I was there minding my own business, and now my photo is all over the internet.

Who would do such a thing?

FW42409031.jpg

Now that I look at these photos together, though, it looks like a may have lost a little weight. (But also some hair too, unfortunately)

Go me!

TCD

Ok, good update, but I'm a bit confused about something in this pic. At the bottom of the sign it looks like there is space for two more movies.

Is Disney planning on adding 2 days to the week at some point?

I'd like to know before I plan my next trip. This could really make my vacation last longer.

Ok, good update, but I'm a bit confused about something in this pic. At the bottom of the sign it looks like there is space for two more movies.

Is Disney planning on adding 2 days to the week at some point?

I'd like to know before I plan my next trip. This could really make my vacation last longer.

Close, but no cigar, Dave:

FWHalloween2008147.jpg

(the spaces are for when there are second features on Fridays and Saturdays when Daylight Savings Time is not being observed)

TCD

Close, but no cigar, Dave:

FWHalloween2008147.jpg

(the spaces are for when there are second features on Fridays and Saturdays when Daylight Savings Time is not being observed)

TCD

Good to know.

I thought the extra 2 days were going to be reserved for Loop 3000 guests only.

After seeing TCD's pics of his canoeing expedition, DS7 was excited to have an adventure of his own.

The boys have already gotten in the GC and are ready to roll.

100_7399.jpg

Dad and Son on their way to rent a canoe.

100_7401.jpg

And they're off!!!! Hopefully they'll make it back in one piece.

100_7408.jpg

100_7416.jpg

DS5 needs a little distraction, so we go for a little GC spin while we wait on the other two fellas to get back.

I spotted these ears in loop 1400, but no one was there.

100_7423.jpg

As we rode, we happened to pass by these "Cast members only" gates.

They were open.

There was no sign showing a camera with a red cirle and line throught it....

so I decided to take my chances and snap a couple of pics.

100_7426.jpg

100_7427.jpg

Nothing exciting behind those gates, but there you go.

A sneak peek at stuff behind the gate.

The fellas' 30 minutes are nearly up, so DS and I go over and park ourselves in a shady spot by the water to watch them come around the bend when they return.

DS5 enjoyed this spot. There were plenty of ducks and birds to keep him entertained for a bit.

The shade was nice too. I'm thinking a little picnic over there would be cool.

The tables are there....so why not?

100_7429.jpg

Yep, this may have become my favorite spot at the Fort....it at least made the short list.

100_7430.jpg

After just a few minutes, the fellas emerge from under the bridge.

They made it!

100_7436.jpg

Here are a few photos DH took during their adventure.

P8011432.jpg

P8011435.jpg

P8011434.jpg

After all that canoeing and exploring we need a little cooling off.

Where better to do that than at the pool?

P8011440.jpg

P8011447A.jpg

P8011491.jpg

Everyone is now getting a little hungry so we head back for a little grub.

Next time I think we'll just pack a lunch and take it to the pool so we can just hang out and make a day or at least a half day of it at the pool....

.....or maybe we should try out the snack bar?

After we're done eating, we go for another spin and came across this Humdinger of a GC.

I'm not kidding.

It really was a Humdinger of a GC.

Just look.

It says so right on the back.

P8011507.jpg

I was glad to spot another remaining Musket Mickey.

They are few and far between these days.

P8011509.jpg

Once we get back to 912 and settle in a little, it started pouring rain.

I didn't mind.

I love rain.

What's more, I love rain while I'm camping at the Fort and I can sit under our awning.

That's just what DH and I did.

We'd planned on going to the campfire/movie, so we were hoping the rain would stop by then.

If not we wouldn't have another chance because we always go to MK on our last night.

P8011510.jpg

P8011511.jpg

Day 14 to be continued....

Oh, you guys are having so much fun... :lovestruc You're making me Fort-sick!
Your picture of the menu at the pool reminded me that I did NOT get a Southern Smothered Hot Dog - I totally slacked on my food list.

Keep it coming!:thumbsup2

KFK, I just have to say kudos to you for an awsome trip report. I can't belive there are 14 pages for you post. Super! We just returned from a 5 day trip at the fort and had all intentions of doing a great trip report. Unfortunatley chasing a 1 1/2 year old and a 4 year old around for 5 days, it was hard to take any pics that would live up to great trip report pics as yours or TCD's. Looks like you guys had an awsome time. Once again Great job!:thumbsup2

My son was convinced these birds were animatronic! I'll have to show him this and tell him they're still there; he may be right after all.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Looks like they had a blast! Love this shot.

You mean they weren't animatronic? I'm stunned. :laughing:

They had a great time canoeing. In fact this was the beginning of a tradition.

Both of them have decided that from now on, they will canoe at the Fort.

I wasn't able to go since DS5 wouldn't have been able to handle sitting still in a canoe for 30 minutes. We would have both ended up in the water. Maybe next year. Definitely jealous of DH.

Why am I not surprised that you have a picture of that? :rotfl2:

TCD has a picture of every square inch and "crack" at the Fort. :rotfl:

I wasn't surprised either. :lmao:

Oh, you guys are having so much fun... :lovestruc You're making me Fort-sick!
Your picture of the menu at the pool reminded me that I did NOT get a Southern Smothered Hot Dog - I totally slacked on my food list.

Keep it coming!:thumbsup2

We had a blast! Don't feel bad, I'm already fort sick and am trying to crash in on Liv's upcoming trip. :banana:

We were dining slackers too. After the Biergarten incident, we tightened the reigns on food spending. We planned on Ohana, but it just never happened.

Has anyone tried the Backyard BBQ? It's being considered for our next trip.

KFK, I just have to say kudos to you for an awsome trip report. I can't belive there are 14 pages for you post. Super! We just returned from a 5 day trip at the fort and had all intentions of doing a great trip report. Unfortunatley chasing a 1 1/2 year old and a 4 year old around for 5 days, it was hard to take any pics that would live up to great trip report pics as yours or TCD's. Looks like you guys had an awsome time. Once again Great job!:thumbsup2

The camera hung around my neck nearly the entire trip. After all was said and done, I'd taken around 2,000 pix. I'm dreading burning them on discs. :eek: It is hard to take pics when you're chasing little ones but I've just always been a picture taker. As you can see, I photograph nearly everything. :rotfl:

You should try a TR. Just may surprise yourself at how well you'll do. BTW, thanks for the compliment and for following along. It means a lot to know that people are enjoying it.

How nice! Thank you! :goodvibes

OK, let's see . . .

There are too many photos that I want to comment on for me to quote.

So, I'll just make my comments:

1. Love the photo of the boys driving the golf cart! I see that you were responsible parents and took away the beer and cigarettes before they took off.

2. Good spy work on taking the photo through the open gate behind the Bike Barn. You never know what they may be trying to hide from us.

3. Love, love, love the KFD and son canoe pics. I think I already said something else is what it is all about, but now I change my answer and say that this is what it is all about. Side note to anyone who hasn't canoed at the Fort-what are you waiting for? It's one of the few things you can do on WDW property and not feel like you have been ripped-off.

4. Love the pool photos- and the splash zone photos. Good job on those!

5. Yes, that golf cart is definitely a humdinger.

6. Good job on finding the Musket Mickey on the Meadow Trading Post bulletin board!

7. It always rains when we camp. And, I don't like it. Maybe I'll have to try sitting under the awning and chilling. Maybe I'll like it then. Maybe.

Keep up the good work!

TCD

OK, let's see . . .

There are too many photos that I want to comment on for me to quote.

So, I'll just make my comments:

1. Love the photo of the boys driving the golf cart! I see that you were responsible parents and took away the beer and cigarettes before they took off.

2. Good spy work on taking the photo through the open gate behind the Bike Barn. You never know what they may be trying to hide from us.

3. Love, love, love the KFD and son canoe pics. I think I already said something else is what it is all about, but now I change my answer and say that this is what it is all about. Side note to anyone who hasn't canoed at the Fort-what are you waiting for? It's one of the few things you can do on WDW property and not feel like you have been ripped-off.

4. Love the pool photos- and the splash zone photos. Good job on those!

5. Yes, that golf cart is definitely a humdinger.

6. Good job on finding the Musket Mickey on the Meadow Trading Post bulletin board!

7. It always rains when we camp. And, I don't like it. Maybe I'll have to try sitting under the awning and chilling. Maybe I'll like it then. Maybe.

Keep up the good work!

TCD

Thanks for the comments. Glad I'm not boring everyone to sleep.

About the canoe pics...thanks for posting yours in your last TR.

We'd already been considering it, but your TR sealed the deal. :thumbsup2

It's the beginning of a KFK family Fort tradition. I agree that it's a big bang for the buck.

You should definitely try just chillin' under the awning during a hard rain with a beverage of your choice.

Mine is usually coffee.

You should definitely try just chillin' under the awning during a hard rain with a beverage of your choice.

Mine is usually coffee.
One of FAVORITE camping moments!

My beverage of choice is also coffee, unless the rain happens to be falling after 6:30am or before 4:00am, in which case it switches to beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter