KFK's First TR!

kampfirekim

DIS Veteran
When you don't know where else to start...just start at the beginning.
We like to head for the Fort a day early so this first installment will be the day before our FW arrival.

We're all loaded up, hooked up and ready to roll!

102_5585.jpg

Just look at those happy faces! They've been so excited!
102_5589.jpg

102_5591.jpg

It felt like we'd never make it to Florida!
102_5602.jpg

Thought I'd take a few pics of the bridge... here are a couple.
102_5604.jpg

102_5605.jpg

This was the view I had every time I turned around! :sad2:
102_5606.jpg

We've finally made it to our night before the Fort stop. Usually we stay at Tropical Palms the night before our Fort arrival, but this year we decided to try the Fort Summit KOA.
102_5608.jpg

Here's the view from the playground. A little unerwhelming.
102_5609.jpg

Here's part of the miniature golf course. Not fancy, but it could be fun for the kiddos.
102_5610.jpg

The pool looked pretty nice, but the boys wanted to head to the playground.
102_5611.jpg

Here it is...REALLY?!
102_5613.jpg

I know this isn't Fort Wilderness, but come on!
102_5614.jpg

This section was a little nicer, but the slide (not the one in the pic) was very tall with very little slant....it was FAST! Not a prob for DS7. He found it pretty exciting!
102_5616.jpg

No KFK family trip can begin without a proper light saber fight.
102_5620.jpg

Here's a photo of our site. There wasn't enough room to let out the awning because of the tree. Oh well, it's only one night.
102_5621.jpg

Time for a little bike ride and walk.
102_5623.jpg

Here's a view of our TT from the rear.
102_5629.jpg

Here's a shot of a KOA cabin. We accidentally stayed in one several years ago, but that's another story for another time. :sad2:
102_5630.jpg

Some tent campers.
102_5632.jpg

Overall I'll give this KOA a B+. It was clean and convenient, but lacked any sense of ambiance. I like to camp in places that have their own vibe. Still it was pretty good for a night or 2.

I know this first installment was probably underwhelming, but the next installment will be much more exciting...we'll be arriving at the Fort! :cheer2:

Let the fun begin!

Looks good so far. Keep the pics coming. I think we stayed at that campground when we were kids.

Yay! This is going to be fun! I love the foot picture - and DS on the rocking horse - :rotfl2:

You have a really nice big TT - I'm very jealous!

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Okay,,maybe now I believe you didn't camp out in your back yard.
BUT if you really want to "Convince me"", show me a pic of them young'ns fish'n inna canal, :thumbsup2

great pics, by the way,:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter