KFK's First TR!

Lets take a closer look.....

100_7477.jpg

I don't want to name call, but tie dye can only mean one thing.....:hippie:

Oh dear!

I'm afraid you're right.

At least there are no accordions lying around.

I wish they had the calliope displayed better.

You can't really get that great of a look at it.

But at least you can see it a little bit.

I agree with you. I don't get why they did this. There is actually a very interesting history about this calliope, and when its installation was announced, there was mention of them playing it from time to time.

The enclosure appears to be designed so the entire wall can be slid open, so maybe someday they will actually use this thing.

They spent the money to move it hear and build the enclosure, you would think maybe they could put up a sign or something to tell folks a bit about it.

As far as I know, the calliope has yet to be played since being relocated to the Fort.

Yes they do! At least in March they did. He works a few days a week, and is very interesting to talk to.

Plus, my DD12 found out that if you spend some time with him, and are very polite and discuss your interest in horses, he just might give you a used horseshoe! She was so pumped to actually receive a horseshoe that was used at WDW...maybe that even walked down Main Street USA! That horseshoe has a prominent spot on her bedroom wall.

Good to know, Dave. Congratulations to your DD. I also was given a horseshoe by the Blacksmith. If you ever visit my campsite at the Fort, I usually have it hanging up somewhere. It brings me good luck.

TCD I know it is not you, you are not a plumber and this guy is the head of the plumbers union.

Hey, be careful with the plumber cracks.

I know Lonestar here on the boards is in that profession.

At least he claims to be.

When I met him, his pants were at an appropriate height.

So, I'm not sure if he's really a plumber.

The leopard print undies peeking through are a nice touch.

Of course.

She is a Golddigger, after all.

KFK- Thanks for more great photos and the reminder to slow down and appreciate the Fort! Like everyone else, I am not looking forward to the end of your report.

TCD

Hi Kim,

I'm back up to date, and I think I can help you out with this one....

DSCN0274.jpg

Hi Big K! Glad to see you!

Thanks a million for the pic! :thumbsup2

Yes they do! At least in March they did. He works a few days a week, and is very interesting to talk to.

Plus, my DD12 found out that if you spend some time with him, and are very polite and discuss your interest in horses, he just might give you a used horseshoe! She was so pumped to actually receive a horseshoe that was used at WDW...maybe that even walked down Main Street USA! That horseshoe has a prominent spot on her bedroom wall.

Awesome! On my next trip I will have to charm my way into getting a horseshoe of my own.....

On second thought, maybe I should let the DS' do the charming, they'd be much better at it than me. :goodvibes

TCD I know it is not you, you are not a plumber and this guy is the head of the plumbers union.

Good to know. I was getting concerned that he was having too many southen smothered hot dogs at the Fort.

The leopard print undies peeking through are a nice touch.

:rotfl2: We think alike.

KFK -- I think I was as disappointed to see your TR end as you were having the actual trip end! This was a great TR. I especially liked the brotherly love between your kiddos -- reminds me of my guys when they were that age! (Now their expressions of brotherly love involve full-on tackles and lame attempts at insults. I was told, "But Mom. That's how brothers show each other they care.")

Can't wait for your next trip!

Since the last installment left off near the stables, it would be appropriate to say....

"Hold your horses thar little lady! We're not quite done yet."

That's how my youngest brother and I have always shown each other we care too. The tackles and insults...not the hugging and kissing.

I agree with you. I don't get why they did this. There is actually a very interesting history about this calliope, and when its installation was announced, there was mention of them playing it from time to time.

The enclosure appears to be designed so the entire wall can be slid open, so maybe someday they will actually use this thing.

They spent the money to move it hear and build the enclosure, you would think maybe they could put up a sign or something to tell folks a bit about it.

KFK- Thanks for more great photos and the reminder to slow down and appreciate the Fort! Like everyone else, I am not looking forward to the end of your report.

TCD

Agreed.

I think the calliope should be given a place of honor so everyone could enjoy it.

In its current location only die hard Fort Fiends who explore the Fort will even know its there.

Sad that so many will miss out on such a treasure in WDW history.

Thank you TCD.

I'm glad some of you sweet FrIENDS found it interesting enough to follow along.

It really does mean a lot to me.

There's still probably 2 installments to go before the TR will come to an end so I hope ya'll hang in there with me just a little longer. ;)

Kim

KFK, your reports are the next best thing to being there. The amount of effort/work you put into these is not lost on me. Thanks for taking the time.

I'm in till the end... and lovin' this TR!

There is a thread right here on the DIS to explain how to make your own Tie-die Mickey head shirts.

During our last visit (June 2010), one of the carriage drivers was explainin' how Disney was trying out a "new" thing on the horses and NOT shoeing them. And when they take the shoes off the horses, it takes a few weeks until their little feetsies are healed and able to "perform".

The horses were going au natural. So cherish those horseshoes from WDW, they may be no more.

Your pics are awesome as usual! :cheer2:
The canoe trip is one of the MANY things we didn't get to do this trip! Along with a pony ride for DD. I'm glad you posted pics tho - I thought they were supposed to have goats and other animals over there too. :confused3

This TR is ridiculous, ridiculously good that is. I think what I'll have to do is hire KFK to come with us on our next trip to the Fort on Labor Day weekend and have her write our TR. She could probably do one for LornaDuck too because you know she's not going to do it. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a TR from AuburnJen either. And of course, I'm thinking TCD will pop out of nowhere on Labor Day weekend. This time, I'm setting a bear trap so I can catch him and spend some time with him because he's as illusive as the otters and bears.

Super fantastic TR, KFK!! Loving every word and photo and just as sorry as everyone else to see it coming to an end. :flower3:

KFK, your reports are the next best thing to being there. The amount of effort/work you put into these is not lost on me. Thanks for taking the time.

Gee thanks! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it.

You're more than welcome. :goodvibes

Whoops! My bad. I guess I was trying to brace myself for the inevitable. There's more? Yay! :cloud9: popcorn::

:laughing: There's a little more.

I'm in till the end... and lovin' this TR!

There is a thread right here on the DIS to explain how to make your own Tie-die Mickey head shirts.

During our last visit (June 2010), one of the carriage drivers was explainin' how Disney was trying out a "new" thing on the horses and NOT shoeing them. And when they take the shoes off the horses, it takes a few weeks until their little feetsies are healed and able to "perform".

The horses were going au natural. So cherish those horseshoes from WDW, they may be no more.

Your own tie dye Mickey shirts you say?

Maybe I'll give it a try and embrace my inner hippie...:hippie:

Of course I don't play the accordian...

or know how to find hippie lettuce....

and I wouldn't know what to do with it if I found it...

And I don't believe in murder...

so, I guess I'll just have to fake it.

Horses going au naturale!? Say it ain't so!

It'll be a sad day when there's no horses in MK!

Your pics are awesome as usual! :cheer2:
The canoe trip is one of the MANY things we didn't get to do this trip! Along with a pony ride for DD. I'm glad you posted pics tho - I thought they were supposed to have goats and other animals over there too. :confused3

You really have to go canoeing on your next trip. You won't regret it.

TCD was right. It's one of the few things left at WDW that you can do and not feel like you're being ripped off.

The Farm did used to have animals.

Lots of animals.

Pigs, goats, chickens, cows etc.

The kids could feed and pet them.

Minnie Moo used to be there too . In fact, I posted her pic on the Ignore this thread on the Camping Community Board. Come to think of it, I have pics of animals at the Farm from several years ago. Maybe I'll have to dig those out and post them somewhere.

And I don't want to leave out the beautiful peacocks. They used to be ALL OVER the Fort.

This TR is ridiculous, ridiculously good that is. I think what I'll have to do is hire KFK to come with us on our next trip to the Fort on Labor Day weekend and have her write our TR. She could probably do one for LornaDuck too because you know she's not going to do it. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a TR from AuburnJen either. And of course, I'm thinking TCD will pop out of nowhere on Labor Day weekend. This time, I'm setting a bear trap so I can catch him and spend some time with him because he's as illusive as the otters and bears.

Don't be ridiculous! :laughing:

Sounds like an awesome career opportunity to me! My B'Day is always close to Labor Day. I could get a Birthday button while I'm there. Yes, I just admitted that I have a birthday coming up.....#42 to be exact.

Lorna only does fake out TR's.

Auburn Jen focuses her talents on clothesline reporting from near and far.

Otters and bears and TCD...OH MY!

(Don't roll your eyes at that! Some of you thought it too! Go ahead and admit it.)

Super fantastic TR, KFK!! Loving every word and photo and just as sorry as everyone else to see it coming to an end. :flower3:

Awww....how sweet. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Now for a little more of day 15....

Now that we've finished our little tour of the TCD Farm and Stable, it's time to head on over to MK.

The fellas at the marina waiting on our very last boat to MK in 2010.

You can see it in the background.

100_7514.jpg

It's almost here...

100_7515.jpg

Siince I was a kid I've always thought that this water bridge was sooo cool. I still do.

100_7525.jpg

As we passed by this sign...DH, like a smarty pants, said "Betcha already got 10 pics of that don't you?"

I didn't....so being a smary pants myself, I took this pic for spite.

P8021555.jpg

It's been a little while since lunch and we're getting hungry, so we decide to go ahead and eat first thing.

Pecos Bills wins the vote.

Here's a couple of pics of the boys at PB's.

100_7531.jpg

100_7532.jpg

I always like to learn something new.

We'd come to the right place.

Posted right there on the wall was the Code of the West.

100_7533.jpg

DS7 decided now was the time for him to ride Splash Mountain again.

He rode it two years ago and vowed NEVER AGAIN. Just like he did on Test Track.

This time...He LOVED it! YAY!!!

P8021556.jpg

Random shot of the castle from SM.

P8021557.jpg

Now DS5 isn't really on board with it. He used to love it.

Maybe one day we'll like the same things at the same time.

P8021560.jpg

We had promised DS7 that we would try to catch the Castle Show and today was the day,

but it didn't start until 5:15 so we had time to head over to tomorrowland and ride a few rides before show time.

DS really appreciated getting a lift from dad.

P8021567.jpg

On our way to TL, it started to rain.

Then it really started to rain.

The lightning started...not just a little bit. A lot of lightning.

The kind that makes the hair stand up on your arms.

Even if you don't have hair on your arms.

We made a break for it and ran towards the PEOPLE MOVER. We were just able to squeeze in line and get out of the rain.

We were a little concerned that the Castle show would be cancelled and didn't want DS to be disappointed, but what can you do?

As luck would have it....as our car came from the indoors back out we saw that the rain had virtually stopped and the sun was trying to peek through.

Hooray!

We still had time for a few things so we saw C.O.P one more time, BLSRS one more time, and caught Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

DS7 loves jokes so it was perfect.

Now its getting closer to show time so we go ahead and start walking toward the castle.

When we get there the CM's are mopping up the stage.

Looks like we're in luck. The show will go on.

100_7536.jpg

Only one minute until show time.

100_7540.jpg

100_7547.jpg

DS7 is taking it all in and loving every minute.

100_7548.jpg

DS5 was excited to see the Mouse, but then he was done. He'd rather sit in the stroller w/the canopy pulled down over his head.

100_7552.jpg

The boys at the giant ball that floats on a thin layer of water.

I don't know what else to call it. Sorry.

100_7579.jpg

Boogity, boogity, boogity boys! Let's go racin'!

The TLSW is a crowd pleaser in our family.

100_7586.jpg

100_7588.jpg

DS trying to remove the Sword in the Stone. I guess he's not meant to be king.

100_7591.jpg

Next up....the rest of Day 15 and D-Day. (Departure Day)

I'm thinking TCD will pop out of nowhere on Labor Day weekend. This time, I'm setting a bear trap so I can catch him and spend some time with him because he's as illusive as the otters and bears.

Magicbus-

I am sorry to disappoint, but I can tell you that TCD will not be at the Fort on Labor Day weekend.

I will be in Tallahassee on Saturday the 4th to watch FSU's season opener.

Football season interferes with my Fort trips. I don't think I've ever made it to the Fort for Labor Day.

What can I do?

TCD

sorry for the hijack KFK- please carry on!

DS trying to remove the Sword in the Stone. I guess he's not meant to be king.

100_7591.jpg

Next up....the rest of Day 15 and D-Day. (Departure Day)

DSCN0695.jpg

That's my DS14 (at the time). Nice to see that some things the "kids" don't grow out of quickly.

What a great way to start my day -- a super TR continues! :thumbsup2

Thanks PDS!

But now it's about to come to a close.

Just one more installment

and it will all be over.

Magicbus-

I am sorry to disappoint, but I can tell you that TCD will not be at the Fort on Labor Day weekend.

I will be in Tallahassee on Saturday the 4th to watch FSU's season opener.

Football season interferes with my Fort trips. I don't think I've ever made it to the Fort for Labor Day.

What can I do?

TCD

sorry for the hijack KFK- please carry on!

Darn. I was hoping for a Labor Day report from the TR Master himself.

You aught to know by now that I don't mind a good TR hijack.

DSCN0695.jpg

That's my DS14 (at the time). Nice to see that some things the "kids" don't grow out of quickly.

Awesome! I hope mine don't grow out of those things too quickly either. :thumbsup2

And now...the end is near....and so I face....the final curtain...

Oh sorry! I got side tracked for a moment.

We have finally arrived at the last intallment of KFK's first TR.

So with that said...

Here goes.

After we discovered that DS7 would not be king..as he could not remove the sword from the stone, we headed over to Adventureland...welll, for a little adventure.

Couple of castle shots on the way.

92d55970.jpg

a82a2743.jpg

The DS' love Jungle Cruise and it's getting close to evening which makes JC even more fun and adventuous.

100_7602-1.jpg

After the JC, we went over to check out what was going on in the Tiki Room.

Still the same.

Wish they'd bring back the OLD Management.

After the Tiki Bird show was over we ventured over to Pirates of the Carribean.

Always a crowd pleaser.

I found out why the rum is always gone.

The pirate passed out w/the pigs drank it all.

Next time notice all of the bottles floating in the water next to him.

Sorry no pic of the pirate or his empty bottles.

100_7604-1.jpg

It was starting to get kind of late and we wanted to head back over to tomorrowland before we got stuck in parade traffic.

We always do that....

we end up stuck in parade traffic.

This time was going to be different.

NOT!!!

We're stuck.

So....we chose to sit on a bench just outside of adventureland and wait it out.

Then we'd grab a spot for our last 2010 viewing of the fireworks.

100_7605.jpg

My camera has a fireworks mode which never works well, but for some unknown reason I thought this time would be different.

NOT!!!!

I got several crummy shots like this one.

100_7610.jpg

Then I decided to change the camera mode to Sport and turn off the flash.

Good choice!

Much better!

I ended up with a couple of decent ones before the FW were over.

Here they are...

100_7621-1.jpg

100_7622-1.jpg

We now make a break for the exit. Luckily when we get to the boat dock it's not too bad.

On the boat I noticed this really sweet lady, standing behind the last seat in the front section, talking ever so sweetly to her DS.

She had the coolest pet names for him....you know like "dumb &%$" and things of the like.

I'm sure ya'll caught the sarcasm there.

She went on an on with her kind words, her poor DH and DD were ignoring the situation, when suddenly the boat rocked a little and she lost her balance. She didn't fall down all the way but it was close.

I couldn't help but chuckle within myself. Poetic justice.

Doesn't stuff like that make you feel like parent of the year?

We finally arrived back at the Fort, got the kids in bed, then DH and I kicked our feet up and relaxed for a bit before heading off to bed.

That is the end of Day 15....our final park day.

Departure Day is here.

The saddest of all Disney Days.

When the magic ends.

Everyone's time comes sooner or later.

We're never ready for our number to come up,

but here we are....

I took one last pic of our site marker as we were finishing all of our packing up etc.

100_7624.jpg

The kids are loaded up, we're loaded up...

but I have to take one more look back before we pull out of site 912.

100_7625.jpg

Of course, no trip would be complete without the last shot of the sign on your way out.

42104323.jpg

Directions to I-4...

I only like one side of I-4

and where we were headed just wan't the side I like.

100_7626.jpg

No KFK family camping trip would be complete without some sort of a mishap.

You guessed it! This one would be no different.

Luckily, it wasn't a serious mishap.

The pin came out of our center awning rafter and it was flopping around a bit.

100_7649.jpg

We didn't have an extra pin so DH fashioned one out of a wire clotheshanger.

100_7650.jpg

After hours and hours of driving, we're within a minute of being back in good old SC.

100_7651.jpg

The DS' being silly. They really traveled well on this trip.....and with no naps going or coming.

100_7669.jpg

100_7670.jpg

Now with the setting of the sun .....
100_7674.jpg

100_7659.jpg

We have reached trail's end.

Not the restaurant.

Just the end.

There you have it. The KFK Family's 2010 WDW Vacation ...in a nutshell.

KFK,

A fantastic report. You really have a way with pictures and with words. And Sinatra would have been proud. :cool1:

Hope to see many more postings around here whether you are planning, traveling, or helping others. You certainly should qualify as a WDW and FW expert now. Happy trails to you and the gang. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Almost 12,000 views and over 250 replies says it all. This has been one outstanding TR.

I have been following along since the beginning and appreciate very much the time spent on this. You have been able to capture all the "magic" moments for all to share and I am sure have motivated or "convinced"(couldn't resist) many to be sure to take their family to visit the Fort.

Thank you again for a great report and sharing it with all of us. You have a wonderful family and those memories will last a lifetime.

It's really over? :sad1: I'm...sniff...I'm NOT crying. It's these stupid allergies...

Great TR! Thanks for sharing it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter