Jon and Kate Plus 8 official Thread, Part 2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the you tube video. Thanks for the post...my internet has been down due to Hurricane Ike (who would have thought we would have problems with that in KY??)

I didn't take Kate's adoption comment to seriously, I've have said before that I wouldn't mind to have another child. But if it truly came down to putting that plan into action...common sense would kick in!!

I think Kate would know that it would be very difficult to bring a singleton into a world of multiples. Especially in those numbers!!

Also, I didn't think the kids were bad considering Kelly told them to play. How stupid is that producer?? You couldn't hear or see anything.

Also, Also...I'm a Mady defender. I think her behavior is age appropriate considering her circumstances. No, I don't allow my 6 year old to act be such a drama queen. Although, she still has her days. But, really, six younger siblings AND a twin sister is a lot for a child to deal with.

I just watched the you tube video. Thanks for the post...my internet has been down due to Hurricane Ike (who would have thought we would have problems with that in KY??)

I didn't take Kate's adoption comment to seriously, I've have said before that I wouldn't mind to have another child. But if it truly came down to putting that plan into action...common sense would kick in!!

I think Kate would know that it would be very difficult to bring a singleton into a world of multiples. Especially in those numbers!!

Also, I didn't think the kids were bad considering Kelly told them to play. How stupid is that producer?? You couldn't hear or see anything.

Also, Also...I'm a Mady defender. I think her behavior is age appropriate considering her circumstances. No, I don't allow my 6 year old to act be such a drama queen. Although, she still has her days. But, really, six younger siblings AND a twin sister is a lot for a child to deal with.

I'm guessing the adoption is already in the works. I think at the nicu there was a comment about having a baby soon. Pure speculation on my part though. After looking into adoption quite a bit, I don't know how they'd get around the guidelines. You just can't adopt a child with 8 already in the house for all intents and purposes. I think Korea's limit is four kids total, or maybe four before the adoption happens.

I don't think it's necessarily selfish for them to adopt, but don't understand it either. Isn't she exasperated with her current brood? I've never seen Angelina Jolie grab two fists full of her own hair and yell, "BRAAAAD, HEEELLOW. We're on aisle 12. Do something with your son, he's doing IT again!" or, "SIX kids, coming through!" or Michelle Duggar say, "Jim Bob, just shoot me now."

Come to think of it, Brangelina's kids aren't seen as often as the Gosselins, maybe I'm on to something. I agree with the pp(s), if an adoption happens anytime soon, it is terrible timing and looks like a Cousin Oliver or Olivia grasp. Except of course this would be a real baby joining a real family!

Mady's gonna be alright, she probably feels shortchanged sometimes. Will they turn 8 this month? Hard to believe.

I thought that the one on one time for each child was for their birthday. I understood it as they wanted them to do something individually special instead of making it a day for 6 every year--correct me if Im wrong.

Can someone repost the link again???? THanks,,!!!!

.....However I really hope they reign in the hitting each other so those kids aren't beating on the new baby! :eek: By 4 years old they shouldn't be acting that way anymore.

Is this comment in reference to the clip they showed yesterday during the interview? Because if so, that clip was a few years old - the kids looked to be only around 2 years old - definitely not 4. During these more recent shows, I haven't noticed the sextuplets hitting each other like that anymore.

Is this comment in reference to the clip they showed yesterday during the interview? Because if so, that clip was a few years old - the kids looked to be only around 2 years old - definitely not 4. During these more recent shows, I haven't noticed the sextuplets hitting each other like that anymore.

:thumbsup2

I believe the clip was from the end of season 1.

:thumbsup2

I believe the clip was from the end of season 1.

Surely they don't hit as much as they did 2 years ago, but the reason they showed the clip was because Jon and Kate sighted hitting as an ongoing problem. Kate said it had been going on," since the day they were born."?
Anyway, they were clunking each other over toys on the set of Regis and Kelly. Not the twin doing it accidently, but one of the boys. I thought it was weird to show that old clip. I thought the whole interview was weird. Not necessarily Jon, Kate or the kids, just the set up and dialogue.

Anyway, they were clunking each other over toys on the set of Regis and Kelly. Not the twin doing it accidently, but one of the boys. I thought it was weird to show that old clip. I thought the whole interview was weird. Not necessarily Jon, Kate or the kids, just the set up and dialogue.

Thanks. I thought maybe I was seeing things since the previous posters didn't.

By four years old they should not be hitting each other and fighting over toys. They are old enough to understand that's not the proper way to act. Once in a while, yes, but not constantly which is what I see when I watch the show.

Thanks. I thought maybe I was seeing things since the previous posters didn't.

By four years old they should not be hitting each other and fighting over toys. They are old enough to understand that's not the proper way to act. Once in a while, yes, but not constantly which is what I see when I watch the show.

Have you ever been in a pre-k classroom? There is definitely some fighting over toys, etc. going on, and those kids only have to share with a large group a few hours a day.

Do you believe all four year olds should be at the same level? Children grow and mature at different rates. What one child may do well at four, another will not, sharing included. My DS is the only child in his little circle of friends (all born in the same summer) who is potty trained. That doesn't mean that the other kids his age should be old enough to do it, too. While a three year old is typically able to be potty trained, it doesn't mean they are all ready.

We must be watching different shows because I don't constantly see kids fighting over toys and hitting each other. Maybe I'm just not looking for it.

Sorry I didn't respond to the question.
But anyway, yes, I do think it is selfish only if someone barely has time for their own kids, then want to adopt. That's where I think it becomes selfish.

Anyway, I was gone to see the movie Lakeview Terrace. Great movie!!

I asked who you thought was to blame for the kids' behavior on Regis and Kelly.

That movie looks good. I'm a RedBox girl, though. I can't remember the last time I went to a theatre.

I saw a promo for the new episode (Monday) and it shows them doing a magazine cover and there is a dog running around. I wonder did they get a dog. :confused3 I remember them talking about getting a poodle.

Are they showing new episodes already? I cant' keep up with when their seasons stop and start. How do the seasons run (time wise)? I read they are shooting over 50 episodes for "this season" whatever that encompasses.

I guessed they would take a significant break from shooting as school started, to recover from their busy summer.

All new LPBW coming up soon! They took a long break as usual. The kids look so grown up in the print ad.

I read the Gosselins got a dog. A neighbor reported seeing it tied to the swingset. :confused3

Are they showing new episodes already? I cant' keep up with when their seasons stop and start. How do the seasons run (time wise)? I read they are shooting over 50 episodes for "this season" whatever that encompasses.

I guessed they would take a significant break from shooting as school started, to recover from their busy summer.

All new LPBW coming up soon! They took a long break as usual. The kids look so grown up in the print ad.

I read the Gosselins got a dog. A neighbor reported seeing it tied to the swingset. :confused3

I thought they said the new season was going to begin in November with the Hawaii episode, but there is the magazine shoot one this week and I think there's one about Jon taking care of all the kids by himself when Kate is away on the 13th.

I saw the commercial for LPBW. I couldn't believe they said Molly is getting ready to take her driving test.

Just had to share. We drove up to the Lancaster area yesterday to do some touristy things - Amish tours, pretzel factory, etc... and on our way home we passed a big blue van/bus like the Gosselins on the highway that DH swears was Jon & Kate. He said the guy driving was Asian looking with dark hair and the female in the passenger seat had short blonde hair. Too funny if it was them! :rotfl:

Yep its showing a new episode tomorrow and 2 new ones next monday

All I saw of the new episode was politically incorrect Native puppets. I was too busy playing hide and seek and "stickling" DS. :laughing: I'll have to catch a rerun to I can hash it out with you guys! Hehe!

I believe it was an Indian (or Native American) and a pilgrim since they were trying to set a fall scene for the November cover of the magazine.

Ok, I wasn't crazy about this episode, it was a little boring and I felt bad for the twins during the photo shoot. They didn't look happy at all.

Ok, I wasn't crazy about this episode, it was a little boring and I felt bad for the twins during the photo shoot. They didn't look happy at all.

Did you notice Mady's face light up when the crew member played piano with her? Never seen her look quite so happy. This episode was not a good one for Kate's rep! She had some real "zingers!" That cover shot was gorgeous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter