Jon and Kate Plus 8 official Thread, Part 2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon & Kate have jumped the shark!:rotfl: :happytv:

LOL

However I certainly do not get the impression that Kate "likes babies more than children"
She is constantly saying how much better/easier etc life is the older the kids are.
What I do think, and this is really based on nothing more than just random things that have been said on the show and their website....
Jon is the one that nixed the whole private adoption in the first place. That has been said outright and it was seeing Kate get depressed over it that led to Jon saying he was ready for her to undergo infertility treatments again.
Anyway I just have a feeling that they feel guitly about not adopting. Now that they have the time, money and resouces to give they want to revisit adoption.

One of the twins was misbehaving more than the little ones. She was standing up with the big crayon and it hit one of the little ones who then cried to Jon. I did see Kate motion for her to sit down. I don't think they were being terrible.They sat down and played. I don't think the questions asked were that great or that Jon and Kate were given much opportunity to answer. Kelley was too busy talking...

One of the twins was misbehaving more than the little ones. She was standing up with the big crayon and it hit one of the little ones who then cried to Jon. I did see Kate motion for her to sit down. I don't think they were being terrible.They sat down and played. I don't think the questions asked were that great or that Jon and Kate were given much opportunity to answer. Kelley was too busy talking...

The twin you're talking about is Mady - and I don't think she was misbehaving at all. Just to be fair (that child gets ripped on enough, IMO), it looked to me that she had no idea she clocked Alexis in the head with that giant crayon (what a STUPID prop that was - it was three times the size of the kids). Anyway, she just turned around with it and that's when it clipped Alexis.

Kate did motion for her to sit down because she was blocking the view; but honestly, in front was the ONLY place that had enough room to play with those things!

Does Mady have some sort of behavioral (sp) issue.:confused3 This child is always crying out or having a meltdown about something. Mady seems to have more meltdown moments than happy ones IMHO. I feel sorry for her. I wonder if J&K notice this and have mentioned it to their doctor.

The producers of the show really know how to edit all the footage. I rarely see Cara at all.

LOL

However I certainly do not get the impression that Kate "likes babies more than children"
She is constantly saying how much better/easier etc life is the older the kids are.
What I do think, and this is really based on nothing more than just random things that have been said on the show and their website....
Jon is the one that nixed the whole private adoption in the first place. That has been said outright and it was seeing Kate get depressed over it that led to Jon saying he was ready for her to undergo infertility treatments again.
Anyway I just have a feeling that they feel guitly about not adopting. Now that they have the time, money and resouces to give they want to revisit adoption.

I have never read that Jon is the one that didn't want to adopt. I have never seen an explanation for that anyhwhere other than what is on the Gosselin's website. Out of curiosity, how/where did you find that out ?

I agree.
The kids should be taught that you don't have to be entertained 24/7.
Sometimes you just have to sit & be quiet.

Whom are you blaming for the kids playing this morning?

Are people blaming Jon & Kate for the kids playing with the toys during the interview? I'm sure it wasn't THEIR idea to have that set up. I have seen them on a couple of live interview shows recently (Today, Fox morning show) where the kids DID sit nice and quietly. I'm thinking it was the show's idea to put those toys out there. And, I do agree - it was a bad idea. Just too chaotic!

I thought Kate looked great but do agree with a PP - she needs to cut that big spiky "poof" off the back! Jon's hair is coming in nicely though!;)

And, I just have to mention: I know Kate gets alot of criticism about always "smacking" Jon; did anyone notice Kelly hitting her husband when he made the sarcastic comment about her weight gain during pregnancy? I still think it's just a playful thing some couples do!

I noticed the Kelly smack!! I thought the same thing! :laughing: She was much more violent than I've ever seen Kate. That must have been a "love hit." :rotfl:

The twin you're talking about is Mady - and I don't think she was misbehaving at all. Just to be fair (that child gets ripped on enough, IMO), it looked to me that she had no idea she clocked Alexis in the head with that giant crayon (what a STUPID prop that was - it was three times the size of the kids). Anyway, she just turned around with it and that's when it clipped Alexis.

Kate did motion for her to sit down because she was blocking the view; but honestly, in front was the ONLY place that had enough room to play with those things!

Kelly said they could draw pictures with the big crayons/pencils. Of course, they can't, but that's what it looked like they were trying to do. I agree. Bad prop choice.

I have never read that Jon is the one that didn't want to adopt. I have never seen an explanation for that anyhwhere other than what is on the Gosselin's website. Out of curiosity, how/where did you find that out ?

It was said by Jon and or Kate. Must have been in one of the first 2 specials, but I thought it was on their website at one time too.

I read my People magazine. The J&K article was actually pretty good and had great pictures. But I did have to laugh when Kate was quoted as saying,
"I really don't like to be in the spotlight." :rotfl:

And I agree with a PP, she really doesn't need to adopt right now considering she already has to divide her time, energy, & love among 8 kids plus a husband. I think it would be very selfish on her part wanting to satisfy her wants (for a baby) over her kids' needs.

And I agree with a PP, she really doesn't need to adopt right now considering she already has to divide her time, energy, & love among 8 kids plus a husband. I think it would be very selfish on her part wanting to satisfy her wants (for a baby) over her kids' needs.

Personally, I don't think I would be looking to adopt if I already had eight children - I would be overwhelmed. But I don't know how you can call anyone who DOES want to adopt selfish. I think it's a very noble and selfless thing to do.

But I don't know how you can call anyone who DOES want to adopt selfish. I think it's a very noble and selfless thing to do.

I'm not saying the IDEA of adoption is selfish, I'm speaking in this case only where she already has 8 kids and a husband that she has to divide her time and energy into. I imagine each child would like more one on one time with the parents. Bringing another child (baby) into the mix would only take away the very little amount of time that they DO get from J&K.

If they do decide to adopt I guess they can find a bunch of new Aunt Jodie/Beth type people to do things for them.

I'm not saying the IDEA of adoption is selfish, I'm speaking in this case only where she already has 8 kids and a husband that she has to divide her time and energy into. I imagine each child would like more one on one time with the parents. Bringing another child (baby) into the mix would only take away the very little amount of time that they DO get from J&K.
So are Brad and Angelina "selfish" as well since I believe they have stated they would like to adopt again and they have 6 kids already? Are the Duggars "selfish" for wanting have more children when they already have 17. Or does this "selfishness" only apply to Jon and Kate?

So are Brad and Angelina "selfish" as well since I believe they have stated they would like to adopt again and they have 6 kids already? Are the Duggars "selfish" for wanting have more children when they already have 17. Or does this "selfishness" only apply to Jon and Kate?

I was totally going to bring up the Jolie-Pitts! :laughing: That poster didn't answer my other question, though, so I didn't expect him/her to respond to that, either.

Does Mady have some sort of behavioral (sp) issue.:confused3 This child is always crying out or having a meltdown about something. Mady seems to have more meltdown moments than happy ones IMHO. I feel sorry for her. I wonder if J&K notice this and have mentioned it to their doctor.

The producers of the show really know how to edit all the footage. I rarely see Cara at all.

She is a dramatic 7 year old who has 7 brothers and sisters. Yes, there are times I think, "omg that child is a brat" but I have a 15 year old at my house that was one of 2 children and had quite a few meltdowns when she was younger. I can only imagine how rotten my DD would have appeared if all her bad moments were caught on camera and shown on tv.

Where is this People magazine article that suggest they are adopting a baby?
I posted about it on the other thread yesterday. It's the new issue of People, I got mine in the mail yesterday, but I was in the supermarket today and saw it out. There is a big article and some pictures from Hawaii.

I watched the Regis & Kelly episode. I'm wondering WHY doesn't Jon & Kate make them sit & behave on their many televised interviews?

As prior posters have stated, you can't put a bunch of toys out, tell the kids to play and then expect that they are going to be silent. The producers or whoever decided on the toys, are the ones to blame, not Jon or Kate. Kate did ask Mady to get out of the way of the camera shot and said something like, "People can't see".

As far as the adoption, if they want another child and an adoption agency is willing to allow them to adopt, who are we to say it's wrong? I'm sure they can handle a ninth child financially and I seriously doubt that one more child is going to be the deciding factor in the kids getting their special day. The little kids are in preschool and will soon be in school full time, so there will plenty of one on one time for a new baby.

Anyone else hear Kate say that the twins do in fact have friends over, but more often go to their friends homes? I've read so much about how she doesn't let other kids play with her children. She even said that only children or those with much older brothers/sisters get scared at their house. :rotfl:

Anyone else hear Kate say that the twins do in fact have friends over, but more often go to their friends homes? I've read so much about how she doesn't let other kids play with her children. She even said that only children or those with much older brothers/sisters get scared at their house. :rotfl:

Yep, I caught that too.

Anyone else hear Kate say that the twins do in fact have friends over, but more often go to their friends homes? I've read so much about how she doesn't let other kids play with her children. She even said that only children or those with much older brothers/sisters get scared at their house.
I missed it this AM, but I've heard them say it in past. Also on a couple of occasions friends of the twins have called

Oh yeah - I heard that too! It was answered very matter-of-factly. I also felt that she could have also meant that some of the sextuplets had their own friends - didn't think it was question-specific to the twins. Again, just because the tv show doesn't televise the kids having play dates, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not happening.

Regarding this whole adoption thing - more power to them. How can anyone measure the amount of love anyone is capable of giving?

Oh yeah - I heard that too! It was answered very matter-of-factly. I also felt that she could have also meant that some of the sextuplets had their own friends - didn't think it was question-specific to the twins. Again, just because the tv show doesn't televise the kids having play dates, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not happening.

Regarding this whole adoption thing - more power to them. How can anyone measure the amount of love anyone is capable of giving?

:goodvibes :thumbsup2 :love:

I just started watching the show and just laugh and laugh. :happytv: :happytv: I mean, I have two boys that are 14 months apart and can only imagine what it is like to have all those kids running around the house!!! :scared1:

I truly admire people with that many kids at those ages that haven't gone insane yet! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter