Jon and Kate Plus 8 official Thread, Part 2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a promo for the new episode (Monday) and it shows them doing a magazine cover and there is a dog running around. I wonder did they get a dog. :confused3 I remember them talking about getting a poodle.

That dog was brought in for the kids to play with during the photo shoot. It isn't theirs.

Did you notice Mady's face light up when the crew member played piano with her? Never seen her look quite so happy. This episode was not a good one for Kate's rep! She had some real "zingers!" That cover shot was gorgeous though.

Yeah, I noticed that, I really think she just needs more attention. I think she might have the same problem in any family where she wasn't the constant center of attention, but we'll never know.

The kids looked great during the shoot..I agree, the twins looked unhappy! I think that maybe while the little kids are happy just to be doing something different (as I think Kate said), the older girls want some more normalcy...maybe want to be more like their friends....etc. But, who knows? It was fun to watch! :goodvibes

I miss the episodes when they were just at home and we got to see more of the kids interacting! They are so cute!

Kate didn't seem too thrilled with all those people at their house.
It's like she wants all the perks without the inconveniences.

Mady was having the worst meltdown of all the kids, as usual.

Kate didn't seem too thrilled with all those people at their house.
It's like she wants all the perks without the inconveniences.

Mady was having the worst meltdown of all the kids, as usual.

Omg I would have flipped with that many people in my house!!

I felt awful for Mady, she did not look happy. I'm so glad they were finally able to get a nice picture for the cover.

At the shoot at the house, Cara sulked the entire time. People just notice Mady because she is more dramatic about it.

What is it with Kates hair and the spikey thing? I thought maybe it was just the stylist at Reigis and Kelly, but then it was that way in last nights episode too. I don't like it at all.

What is it with Kates hair and the spikey thing? I thought maybe it was just the stylist at Reigis and Kelly, but then it was that way in last nights episode too. I don't like it at all.

I think her hair is cute with the spikes. I could never pull it off, but I like it on her.

At the shoot at the house, Cara sulked the entire time. People just notice Mady because she is more dramatic about it.

I agree with you on Kate's hair. It's just strange!

I think Cara and Mady both were miserable last nigh. Mady is definately more vocal about it but that's her personality. I think they both would have preffered to be somewhere else!

I think her hair is cute with the spikes. I could never pull it off, but I like it on her.

Maybe if the front wasn't so long and straight in comparison. In the past when she has worn it a bit spiky in back the front/top has been shorter and less flat

Maybe if the front wasn't so long and straight in comparison. In the past when she has worn it a bit spiky in back the front/top has been shorter and less flat

Yeah...I liked that better.

I felt so bad for the twins last night. They really didn't seem to want to be doing all of that. I know it must be hard being in such a big family especially when it seems like all of the attention is focused on the little kids. They are all so beautiful.

:rolleyes:Boring episode to me... Jon and Kate looked and acted like full blown celebs. I hope the kids are happy. They are so blessed to have two sets of healthy multiples. I like them being normal at home and "just being kids" (as Kate described the dance party after the cover shoot).
I loved the kids by the dozen family (last name?) last night, I had seen them before. I think they are very down to earth.

I'm not a fan of the style in general. A few years ago everyone and their mom had that style. I was taking a break from college and attending barber college and did that cut at least once a week. It was mostly other stylists and nurses who had that haircut. I think it's a convenience thing.

:rolleyes:Boring episode to me... Jon and Kate looked and acted like full blown celebs. Hope the kids are happy. They are so blessed to have two sets of healthy multiples. I like them being normal at home and "just being kids" (as Kate described the dance party after the cover shoot).
I loved the kids by the dozen family (name?) last night, I had seen them before. Very down to earth.

I watched some of that. They seemed much more "normal" than any of the other Kids by the Dozen families.

I am going to put this disclaimer up front: I am not a parent.

With that, why couldn't Kate explain to Mady and Cara that they were going to appear on a magazine cover, and if they behaved and smiled, the picture would look better and the shoot would be over a lot quicker? Or is that too much reasoning for a 7 year old (I honestly don't know, I've never tried to reason with one).

As for the puppets, if they weren't P.C., then I guess the entire story of Thanksgiving is questionable (not saying, just asking.)

I can't wait to see Good Housekeeping. Although, aren't they the ones that usually show the McCaugheys in December? Whatever happened to them?

With that, why couldn't Kate explain to Mady and Cara that they were going to appear on a magazine cover, and if they behaved and smiled, the picture would look better and the shoot would be over a lot quicker? Or is that too much reasoning for a 7 year old (I honestly don't know, I've never tried to reason with one).

As for the puppets, if they weren't P.C., then I guess the entire story of Thanksgiving is questionable (not saying, just asking.)

I can't wait to see Good Housekeeping. Although, aren't they the ones that usually show the McCaugheys in December? Whatever happened to them?

I mentioned that to my DH last night about the McGaugheys. They are usually on the November cover. I notice this because their kids were born they day before my son.

And yes you absolutely can try to reason with a 7 year old. It doesn't mean they will be receptive to it however. :rotfl:

That's not too difficult for a typical 7 year old, but they are all different. I tell DS3 if he'll just hurry and do this or that, he'll be able to play, watch his movie, etc. He gets it.

Thanksgiving, as it is presented in history books, is questionable, but I won't get into that. My grampa was a history major, and I got (and still get) more history lessons growing up than I ever wanted. Haha! I love history, though.

My issue with the puppet was the extremely stereotypical outfit it was wearing. I also cringe when I see the Old Navy costume. :rolleyes: Pilgrims don't exist anymore (as in, no one wears those clothes, they're not coming over on the Mayflower anymore, etc.) No one's current style/religion is being mocked by that costume (that I'm aware of). However, Natives still exist. They are not a people of the past. They are very much here. They still wear traditional clothing (some all the time, most at traditional events). The aspect that probably bothers me the most are the feathers. Those are earned and are an honor to wear (and they're not worn "bunny ears" style and rarely worn pointing up except in certain circumstances). To see them as part of a costume irks me a bit. I'm not militant about it, by any means. I won't confront anyone, but if someone asks, I'll share my opinion.

I wasn't going to get into that, but since you asked...:rotfl:

OT: I'm at work (elem. school), and most of your signature pictures are blocked. I had to scroll up several times to see who was "talking." :laughing: Guess I am used to looking at the signatures to see who posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter