Jon and Kate Plus 8 official Thread, Part 2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribing. I finally got to watch the newest episode where they answered emails and laughed b/c they talked about almost all of the issues that have been discussed. :rotfl: I wonder if they read here....

Well Kate does love Disney!

She is a dramatic 7 year old who has 7 brothers and sisters. Yes, there are times I think, "omg that child is a brat" but I have a 15 year old at my house that was one of 2 children and had quite a few meltdowns when she was younger. I can only imagine how rotten my DD would have appeared if all her bad moments were caught on camera and shown on tv.

I see what you mean, my son is the King of all meltdowns and he will soon be 14. It just seems to me that this child is always crying about something.

Thanks for posting the You Tube link. I missed it this morning.

Kelly really didn't give them a chance to talk much. I think the kids were fine considering the pile of stuff they were put in front of.

I was totally going to bring up the Jolie-Pitts! :laughing: That poster didn't answer my other question, though, so I didn't expect him/her to respond to that, either.

Sorry I didn't respond to the question.
But anyway, yes, I do think it is selfish only if someone barely has time for their own kids, then want to adopt. That's where I think it becomes selfish.

Anyway, I was gone to see the movie Lakeview Terrace. Great movie!!

But anyway, yes, I do think it is selfish only if someone barely has time for their own kids, then want to adopt. That's where I think it becomes selfish.

Anyway, I was gone to see the movie Lakeview Terrace. Great movie!!

So are you saying as long as they spit them out naturally like Michelle Duggar it is OK

:confused3 And who are you to judge or determine whether or not someone has enough time for their kid(s)? If they feel they can care for the child, give it a good home, love, how is that selfish? So according to you that child should live in an orphanage or foster care rather than be adopted by a family that would care and provide for them. So would an average couple, with say 3 kids, who work full time want to adopt a child, would they be selfish as well? What if they had 4 kids? Where do you draw the line?

So are you saying as long as they spit them out naturally like Michelle Duggar it is OK
Probably. Because the PP clearly doesn't want people adopting children. Let's just let them live in orphanages and foster care because the people wanting to adopt them already have more than 1 child. Clearly parents can't devote themselves to more than a set number of children. I think Jon and Kate devote more time to their children than the Duggars do. They just seemed to be insterested in popping more out.

I just watched the video on you tube

Wow I don't know why I am surprised to see that the kids behavior was being blown way out of proportion by some.
All the kids were doing is playing with the toys that were put out for them. Also Mady was not misbehaving and she did not intentionally hit one of the girls with the crayon.

I can not believe that some of you really expected the kids to sit quietly when they were given toys and told to play with them.

Oh and as far as the one comment about "what will they do when they start school". The 6 are in preschool 3 days a week and the twins are in second grade. All of the have already started school. You comparison about them running around in class is not valid. They weren't in a classroom. They weren't being interviewed etc. They had a play area set up for them to play in. Apparently you don't have any children if you really think any child is going to sit down and be still and quiet when they are given a bunch of toys to play with.

going back to the subject discussed on the old thread-the people magazine article.

the idea of them adopting a child just seems so irresponsible to me. j&k talk of how thrilled they are to have been able to arrange one day per year that they can allocate to each of their existing children as their own special day that affords them much desired and needed one on one time. they talk of how they hope and aspire to expand that practice to being able to do it twice per year. common sense seems to dictate that if you are only being able to aspire to have 2 days in a year to spend extended one on one time with each of your existing children you don't bring another child into the mix :sad2:

it saddens me that i hear kate on the faq show respond to a question with the aknowledgement that with large number multiples there's always going to be on-going issues (behavioural) with each one trying to garner the individual attention they want, yet they are now considering bringing another 'player' into this issue:scared1: :scared1: :guilty:

Since the last 2 pages have been twisting what I said was my opinion about J&K adopting, I was simply agreeing with this PP. I did not state that "I do not want people adopting". It just doesn't seem fair to the other kids because, according to Kate, they only have time once a year to spend one on one time with each child. I don't care if you want to adopt 20 kids, that's great, but make sure you know that each one needs equal, individual love and attention. My best friend adopted a child, so I am kinda familiar with what she goes through having 4 other kids also.

Anyway, next subject: Can't wait to see Kate on "Say Yes to the Dress". The pics of them in People magazine were beautiful.

:confused3 And who are you to judge or determine whether or not someone has enough time for their kid(s)? If they feel they can care for the child, give it a good home, love, how is that selfish? So according to you that child should live in an orphanage or foster care rather than be adopted by a family that would care and provide for them. So would an average couple, with say 3 kids, who work full time want to adopt a child, would they be selfish as well? What if they had 4 kids? Where do you draw the line?

I think it's different for every family. I have just about reached my limit, and I don't have 18 or even 8 kids. Some parents are great with tons of children, but I am not one of those people. I agree with you that giving a child a good home is what matters most in adoption OR in having birth children, not the size of the family or your house or what material things you can give them. Personally we have limited our family to what we felt we could afford in terms of doing the things that are "extras". Do we have to take our kids to Disney or other vacations, no, but we would be sad if we had too many kids to do that. Maybe it is not rational but I would feel like a bad mom if I NEVER got to do anything fun or extra for my kids. Yes they would live through it, but no I don't want to limit what I am able to provide to a depressing point FOR ME (no vacations, no nice clothes, no typical kid "hot item" toys--nothing super fancy just the fun stuff I always had as a child). I also want to be able to provide for some help with college, weddings, downpayments on a house, etc. I have wondered about the Jolie-Pitts because even though they will never run out of money to buy the kids things, having 6 kids SO close in age can't be easy to deal with timewise, giving them attention. To bring the point back to J&K+8, I think maybe Kate is hopping on the gravy train as some have put it because she wants to be the kind of mom who can take her kids all sorts of fun places but doesn't see another way besides doing the show for money, taking the freebies, etc. I am sure it would be depressing to think that you are going to be a family that travels and lives an upper-middle-class existence and then you have 8 kids. But she did go for the fertility treatments and refused selective reduction so in a way she did choose that possibility. Personally I would have done the treatments if I were childless but after having twins I probably would have stopped knowing the next round could bring more twins, triplets, or higher-order multiples. To be honest I am astounded they have dodged the bullet on preemie issues/disabilities the way they have. As a healthcare professional it would make me absolutely sick with worry to do something that might lead to premature and underdeveloped babies if I had already dodged the bullet and had two healthy girls. I guess a show with a bunch of disabled higher-order multiples would be too depressing and wouldn't get such a huge audience for so long, but that is the common reality of the situation.

Omg I can't sleep and have reached the end of the internet so I got bored and started reading what the GWoP crazies thought of the Regis and Kelly show this morning.

They are bashing Kate for telling the kids to get out of the way of the camera so the adults could be seen. :confused3 You have to be kidding me!!!! I for one thought having them sit on those low chairs was stupid because you couldn't see them and if I were Kate I would have told them to get out of the way too. The bashers are saying that she wanted them to get out of the way because she wanted all the attention on herself. Uh hello, they were asking the parents the questions...only makes sens that they should be seen.

Those people over there can twist anything around...

Personally, I don't think I would be looking to adopt if I already had eight children - I would be overwhelmed. But I don't know how you can call anyone who DOES want to adopt selfish. I think it's a very noble and selfless thing to do.

sadly, there are numerous applicants for becoming adoptive parents who can be described with no other word than 'selfish'. they may present themselves publicly (and even self perceive) as 'noble' and 'selfless'. fortunatly there are extensive homestudies that idealy address these issues and in many cases help applicants take a good, hard look at themselves and reccognize their true motivations such that children are put into only the most appropriate and healthy placements.

i speak from experience working in child welfare (and spec. in foster care and adoption assistance)-and to my mind there can be absolutly nothing more selfish and further from noble and selfless than (and i am not saying j&k fit into either of these examples) woman who wish to adopt STRICTLY because they either do not wish for their bodies to be 'ruined by pregnancy'/they are 'too busy to get pregnant and have to deal with all that':mad: :mad: or they only want a certain sex child from a certain country 'because that's what all my friends have':mad: :mad: THESE ARE CHILDREN-NOT DESIGNER HANDBAGS:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

if the gosselins wish to adopt i think the homestudy would be facinating-there is so much public debate over what is seen on the show (and what or rather 'who' is no longer seen). if any of it is deemed questionable or objectionable then what are the gosselins to do? if they say it's not a realistic presentation of their real lives they will likely be countered with everything they have said to the contrary ("our life is our show, our show is our lives").

So are Brad and Angelina "selfish" as well since I believe they have stated they would like to adopt again and they have 6 kids already? Are the Duggars "selfish" for wanting have more children when they already have 17. Or does this "selfishness" only apply to Jon and Kate?

I have never heard the Duggars or Brangelina say that they can't remember whether or not they have interacted with each child each day or not. But I heard Kate say something similar. I also have not hear Angelina, Brad, or the Duggars say anything about striving to have one-on-one days once a year. Kate said they wouldn't be able to keep up with whose turn it was. I realize that the Gosselins are able to get out with their children seperately and in small groups more now than before (the movie night episode illustrated this).

I don't think that the Gosselins are selfish for wanting another baby but according to the promos for the Mr. Mom episode, Kate can sometimes be out of town for several days straight. Either she'll have to have another nanny or helper to watch the new addition when she's on the road or the care of another child will add to Jon's duties at home. IMO, Kate has said that her days are spent, fixing, serving, and cleaning up after meals. She has no time to push her hair behind her ears. How will having a ninth child give her more time ?

The timing is rotten on the announcement, though. Just when the tups go to pre-school and people wonder what there will be to film about, they announce a dream to adopt a baby ? In both the People article as well as Regis and Kelly on 2 consecutive days ? And no, I'm not insinuating that the baby is planned to make the show interesting. I just think the timing is bad.

In the People article, she wished 8 children upon those with the time to gossip about her. Would Michelle or Jim Bob Duggar or Brangelina would ever say that ?

ALL JMO.

Just watched the You tube video. I enjoyed the interview. I thought the kids were fine and same with Jon and Kate. I thought things were fine. I wish that the adults could have sat on the big people chairs though. Kate looked great and Jon looked really handsome. They clean up nice:lmao: I thought the kids were pretty well behaved too. I did think it was funny when Kelly asked about paying for the girls weddings. Jon mentioned that the W and C words were bad words at their house:rotfl2: Funny. Kelly said to them, you better keep this TLC gig a bit longer:rotfl2: Love it.

So are Brad and Angelina "selfish" as well since I believe they have stated they would like to adopt again and they have 6 kids already? Are the Duggars "selfish" for wanting have more children when they already have 17. Or does this "selfishness" only apply to Jon and Kate?

I have never heard the Duggars or Brangelina say that they can't remember whether or not they have interacted with each child each day or not. But I heard Kate say something similar. I also have not heard Angelina, Brad, or the Duggars say anything about striving to have one-on-one days once a year. In one epsiode, Kate said they wouldn't be able to keep up with whose turn it was. I realize that the Gosselins are able to get out with their children seperately and in small groups more now than before (the movie night episode illustrated this).

I don't think that the Gosselins are selfish for wanting another baby but according to the promos for the Mr. Mom episode, Kate can sometimes be out of town for several days straight. Either she'll have to have another nanny or helper to watch the new addition when she's on the road or the care of another child will add to Jon's duties at home when Kate is away. IMO, Kate has said that her days are spent, fixing, serving, and cleaning up after meals. She has no time to push her hair behind her ears. How will having a ninth child give her more time ?

The timing is rotten on the announcement, though. Just when the tups go to pre-school and people wonder what there will be to film about, they announce a dream to adopt a baby ? In both the People article as well as Regis and Kelly on 2 consecutive days ? And no, I'm not insinuating that the baby is planned to make the show interesting. I just think the timing is bad.

In the People article, she wished 8 children upon those with the time to gossip about her. Would Michelle or Jim Bob Duggar or Brangelina would ever say that ?

ALL JMO.

The Duggars give each baby to an older child as soon as they stop weaning. The only children Michelle Duggar interacts with individually is a nursing baby. Then she makes one of her older children raise it while she works on having another one.

After reading up on them a bit, IMHO, I believe she suffers from depression because of an earlier misscarriage. If I remember it correctly she had been on birthcontrol when htey first married and then after the birth of the oldest (is that the twins?). She then misscarried after the birth of their first. She blamed it on her "sin" of taking birthcontrol pills.

In one epsiode, Kate said they wouldn't be able to keep up with whose turn it was.

Actually, Kate has said numerous times that they keep a running track in their head about whose turn it is to go on errands with Jon and the kids know too.

I don't think her wishing 8 kids upon those that gossip was meant as a bad thing in the sense of 8 kids being rotten. I think she meant, it's easy for people to say what they would do and to criticize how they raise their kids when they are sitting behind their computer.

Omg I can't sleep and have reached the end of the internet so I got bored and started reading what the GWoP crazies thought of the Regis and Kelly show this morning.

They are bashing Kate for telling the kids to get out of the way of the camera so the adults could be seen. :confused3 You have to be kidding me!!!! I for one thought having them sit on those low chairs was stupid because you couldn't see them and if I were Kate I would have told them to get out of the way too. The bashers are saying that she wanted them to get out of the way because she wanted all the attention on herself. Uh hello, they were asking the parents the questions...only makes sens that they should be seen.

Those people over there can twist anything around...
Kate can do nothing right in their eyes. They will criticize anything and everything that she does.

I don't think there is anything wrong with them adopting another baby. They now have the means to financially take care of a large family so why not.

However I really hope they reign in the hitting each other so those kids aren't beating on the new baby! :eek: By 4 years old they shouldn't be acting that way anymore.

I just watched the video and think the kids were well behaved. You can't expect kids of that age to walk in and see a room of new toys and just sit there and do nothing. Thanks for posting the link to the video :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter