• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logged into my Amazon account and saw $15.00 off $100 using Citi points. I just got
a grocery gift card and used 1 point.:tongue: This came right after buy 30 on Amazon 3 times
and get 30 statement credit. Nice to see Citi stepping up their game because this was in
the sock drawer.

So check your Amazon accounts. :-)

Step 1: complete!

What the heck, went for the BBP too and instant approval, yay to us!

I haven't been posting much as it is busy season for me at work..I'm an Office Manager so I'm preparing for year end..NOT FUN! On the other hand, I will be heading to WDW on the 15th for my DD's 3rd bday :woohoo:

I have been reading along though and enjoyed everyone's "churning" stories!

In other CC news, I applied for the Barclay arrival plus but was denied. Looks like 6/24 is in place as I am 7/24.

Logged into my Amazon account and saw $15.00 off $100 using Citi points. I just got
a grocery gift card and used 1 point.:tongue: This came right after buy 30 on Amazon 3 times
and get 30 statement credit. Nice to see Citi stepping up their game because this was in
the sock drawer.

I've had one email offer: $5 to spend on my pet. So I ordered a $7 cat dish - the ones with the ears from petrageous.

Then they offered me $5 to load a $100 on my gift card. I don't have a gift card so offer is still there.

I've had one email offer: $5 to spend on my pet. So I ordered a $7 cat dish - the ones with the ears from petrageous.

Then they offered me $5 to load a $100 on my gift card. I don't have a gift card so offer is still there.

I don't normally use my Citi at all or I wouldn't have gotten it. The key to all the AMZ offers seems to be to add
the credit card to payment options. Even if your using something else. I'm using Discover myself because of the 5%.
But i added the Hyatt Amex and Citi cards and let them sit. Sooner or Later an offer comes. System must see your
not using the card. lol

Update: After an hour on the phone with AMEX trying to get my 125k SPG Lux offer, I was told that SPG told them that they have a right to change their offer, so if I wanted to do it, I could take the 75k.
The AMEX CSR was very nice, as she even got SPG on the phone for me, while still staying on the line. They pointed out some terms and conditions to me as a justification.
Oh well. Guess I saved the $450 AF.

Funded my Santander checking account with $500 on my CFU. Just noticed it coded as a cash advance and charged a $25 fee. Any suggestions on what I can do to get it re-coded?
Sometimes you lose. You did a cash equivalent transaction (which is against the rules to earn points on in the Chase ultimate rewards program anyway) so I would not bring this to Chase’s attention. Pay the $25, put your DP on DoC & r/churning bank bonus weekly thread to warn others.

True...but you have to go up an escalator and then up a flight of stairs (it's near the 2nd level food court restrooms and the meditation room) so a little bit of a hike! Good news, though, minute suites in terminal B and T are also PP lounge benefit eligible if that would be of any help @disneymagicgirl

True. And of course it's closer/quicker if she is arriving or departing from gate D rather than gate A (I think the int'l terminal is just after gate D). Still, I think if she has a 2-hour layover, the lounge should be do-able.

I just caught caught up reading earlier posts. Regarding Amazon/credit card offers. You should use
those as soon as you see them as there are quantity limits. My husband tried to use his Amex offer
and it was gone today. The Citi offer i saw this morning I was going to wait around this weekend to use.
I went back and read the small print and it said only 46,000 quantity available. That is not much at all.

I said screw it and just got a grocery card. This is why i wish Amazon offered Disney cards. How many
of us would just buy one and keep it moving. No muss no fuss:P

Is anyone having a problem with 'long running scripts' on disboards? It's been happening for a couple of weeks and I can't make it stop.

This sounds like a JavaScript error. What browser are you using? If IE/Edge, you can log into settings and stop script debugger.

I would switch to Chrome or Firefox if you're not already.

Well, of COURSE! THANK YOU for asking the best question here! Literally the best question for my predicament & it didn’t occur to me... I have no Hilton plans as of right now but I do have plans to stay Marriott on my 7 night cert in Hong Kong next year at the JW. I could get the lux, buy a Marriott gift card in hotel here to trigger that credit and then use that towards room charges when I’m traveling. (Although I don’t think I’d rack up nearly that much in room charges as a solo traveler.) However, I do find myself spending a random night at a Marriott here or there domestically each year much more often than I do at Hiltons. And considering how fast I jumped at the ability to cash my Hilton points out a $.005 I’d probably make better use of Marriott points. I will get more serious about some Hilton stays late next year/early following year so timing for that card is probably better later... It really helps to check in here! I was feeling very deer in the headlights!
Glad I could help. :rotfl2:

Actually the international terminal is just one more 2-minute stop on the train at ATL. And the lounge is right as you enter the terminal from the area where you get off the train. (I'm 90% certain we were at the PP lounge -- there's not a centurion lounge in ATL is there?)

hmm, no clue about centurion. I'd have to look it up. I saw some website how how many minutes it takes to get from each terminal to the lounge it didn't seem worth the trouble. I will have to reassess upon arrival. Don't want to schlep over there to find out it is full...which is what i read in many reviews.

Are you on SW? DS and DH went when we had layover there on our flight to Punta Cana and had plenty of time to grab snacks. Their “subway” makes it super easy to get between terminals.
oh this is good to know. thanks! So can I assume there wasn't a wait when you went?

the sock drawer.

Thanks! Checked Amazon and the Chase $15 off $60 is finally showing for me. I'd about given up. Still no Citi deal though.

What the heck, went for the BBP too and instant approval, yay to us!

I haven't been posting much as it is busy season for me at work..I'm an Office Manager so I'm preparing for year end..NOT FUN! On the other hand, I will be heading to WDW on the 15th for my DD's 3rd bday :woohoo:

I have been reading along though and enjoyed everyone's "churning" stories!

In other CC news, I applied for the Barclay arrival plus but was denied. Looks like 6/24 is in place as I am 7/24.

We get on Mickey's boat that same day it is my DD's 3rd bday trip too! Ha! Also my son turns 9 onboard. Big week at our house. Congrats on the approval!

Update: After an hour on the phone with AMEX trying to get my 125k SPG Lux offer, I was told that SPG told them that they have a right to change their offer, so if I wanted to do it, I could take the 75k.
The AMEX CSR was very nice, as she even got SPG on the phone for me, while still staying on the line. They pointed out some terms and conditions to me as a justification.
Oh well. Guess I saved the $450 AF.
wow, thats ridiculous.

This sounds like a JavaScript error. What browser are you using? If IE/Edge, you can log into settings and stop script debugger.

I would switch to Chrome or Firefox if you're not already.

Thank you! I was using edge as it came installed on this laptop, but I've noted that sometimes I have to go to Chrome to get something done.

Oh my do NOT get me started on shipping issues. I sent my BF a package priority mail last week, 11/30. I'm in MI he's in NC. On 12/1 it was in Greensboro. On 12/2 went to Charlotte and then Fayetteville. It was supposed to be delivered 12/5....that's too flipping long for priority to start with. 12/5 comes and nothing. I got packages no mail that day, but he tells me that don't get Sunday packages like we do, so figures it'll come 12/6. Well on 12/6 the status goes from "in transit" to "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." I could have WALKED it from MI to NC faster. I'm sure it's lost now. It was a package of goodies for him before his flight today. It's only the 2nd time he's flown. Oh well.

Now Amazon...ugh. They are using "amazon delivery" here now. In the summer I had a slew of Amazon never show up from the USPS, so I went to the informed delivery where I get a scan and list of all my mail. Since then, nothing missing. I've never had the issue w/ UPS but I signed up for their alerts and fed ex too. Well Weds Tuesday a package showed delivered, it wasn't. I hopped on chat and the guy told me that the system showed that the delivery guy accident took it back to the facility. Hmmmmm. Okay. He made a note to be sure to expedite the delivery Weds. Weds comes and nothing. I hop back on chat and the guy says nope, it shows delivered Tues. I explain what the amazon chat told me tuesday. He's like sorry, no....it was delivered. I'm like you are useless please transfer me. I get transferred. They offer a refund. But it was an item I needed YESTERDAY! So they agree to waive the 1 day shipping. What shows up last night? The package opened. Now I know it wasn't my neighbors, so my guess is Amazon guy saw no resale value in my item and decided to deliver it.

I don't like their delivery service. There is NO WAY to track them in depth like you can all the others. I hope this continues and Amazon loses money replacing all these lost orders and goes back to USPS or UPS.

Thanks! Checked Amazon and the Chase $15 off $60 is finally showing for me. I'd about given up. Still no Citi deal though.
Where do you see that offer? Do you have to sign up to "pay with UR" first in order for the offers to appear?

Last edited:
oh this is good to know. thanks! So can I assume there wasn't a wait when you went?
I don't think so since it didn't seem like DH and DS were gone for long and back with snacks. I waited at the SW gate with my mom and let the boys go by themselves. At point, DH had his own PP but we product changed his CSR. This was in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter