I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of multiple chase business cards, can you get multiple bonuses for cards in the ink family? I currently have the CIP but I think I'm going to have a large purchase that knocks out the msr on it so I'm looking to find another card and was curious about the other ink cards since they have great sign-up bonuses.

Speaking of multiple chase business cards, can you get multiple bonuses for cards in the ink family? I currently have the CIP but I think I'm going to have a large purchase that knocks out the msr on it so I'm looking to find another card and was curious about the other ink cards since they have great sign-up bonuses.
Yep! I have the CIP for 80k, CIU for 50k and waiting for my CIC to arrive for another 50k :)

Good morning. Has anyone had points post for recently adding an AU to their CSP? I received a card for adding my son as an AU on 10/18 and activated it that day. I used it for a purchase on 10/19. The 5000 points have not shown up in my account? Does it take a while, or is the bonus no longer working?
think it’s no longer working....I added an AU around the same time as you and no bonus points have posted

Anything that could run into a benefit(trip cancellation insurance, baggage delay, car insurance etc), id avoid putting onto a business card.

When you say car insurance, do you mean rental car insurance since you would have to provide proof that the trip or car was for business use?

I was considering throwing my entire personal car insurance bill on a CIP in the spring to help eat the MSR.

Good morning. Has anyone had points post for recently adding an AU to their CSP? I received a card for adding my son as an AU on 10/18 and activated it that day. I used it for a purchase on 10/19. The 5000 points have not shown up in my account? Does it take a while, or is the bonus no longer working?

It's possible it's no longer working. After Chase refreshed the CSP refer a friend offer and removed that language it was speculated that it was finally dead since no offer had it listed anymore. So if you got the card after that it's possible it won't happen. If it works it shows up in the "other" category in the UR site, where the sign up bonus is listed. When I did it it showed up in about a week from requesting the card.

When you say car insurance, do you mean rental car insurance since you would have to provide proof that the trip or car was for business use?

I was considering throwing my entire personal car insurance bill on a CIP in the spring to help eat the MSR.

@Albort is talking about anything that you would potentially file a claim with the CC/their insurance/trip interruption coverage. You can pay your personal ins on it, won't matter. It's just the travel stuff since most people here aren't going on real biz trips you don't want to put travel on it if you think they'll be something to claim.

out of curiosity, how do u know? check ultimate rewards?
Yes - click the ultimate rewards link from the main page of your Chase accounts, then select the credit card you are interested in. On the next page, towards the bottom, there is a link to, "Review more activity." That page will show you the breakdown of your rewards, separating out the 5% quarterly bonus and any additional bonuses.

Speaking of business cards, I know I have read that people put all of their spending on them, and that most expenses can be explained away. But are there ever charges you purposefully DON'T put on them? I have about a 1300 charge for an organization that I can put on my new CIP and get reimbursed for. Since it is my first business card I feel a little skittish doing this for some reason.
That's more legit than most stuff that goes on a biz card. That organization contracted with you to provide X, you procured it and invoiced them for payment of services rendered. That's totally a business transaction, we would do that for several clients at work (we would just add an admin fee to it for labor).

With all the random stuff I have bought for work, really anything can be business related. Just the other week hubby's office had a company outing at the go-cart track - that all went on a credit card.

@Albort is talking about anything that you would potentially file a claim with the CC/their insurance/trip interruption coverage. You can pay your personal ins on it, won't matter. It's just the travel stuff since most people here aren't going on real biz trips you don't want to put travel on it if you think they'll be something to claim.
Thanks for clarifying! That would have made a CIP MSR much harder to meet. haha

@SBWB48 I'm so impressed you've been able to get 4 Chase biz cards! Well done :) I only have two but am just so nervous to go for a third even though I know others have pulled it off successfully. You having four gives me encouragement to go for it!

:cheer2: It's doable! Space them out well (and this doesn't have to mean waiting patiently either; I got 3 Amex Biz cards and the SPX Lux in between on CIC in May and the SW Biz recently :D), reduce CLs accordingly, and you should have no issues. Good luck when your time comes! :shamrock:

Yeah, the current Broadway cast is outstanding. In fact, it's weird to say, but both DW and I thought the weakest member of the cast by far is Hamilton himself. And for the most part, that's okay. Daniel Breaker as Aaron Burr is one of the best performances I've seen on Broadway, and James Monroe Iglehart as Lafayette/Jefferson is also outstanding. Angelica and Eliza casts are also great.

Strangely, the first time we saw Hamilton, we saw the understudy for Alexander Hamilton (it was a holiday weekend and the lead was off). We liked the understudy significantly more. He was dancing in the background the second time we saw it.

Have fun! Hoping we can get back soon. There are still a few $549 orchestra tickets for our NYC trip next March but we haven't pulled the trigger (yet).

Next week we will be seeing Hamilton in London! We were able to get tickets in SLC last April so it will be fun to compare casts. I can’t believe how easy and affordable it was to get London tickets. Apparently my 9 year old has been bragging to the playground duty about going!

My $69 AF posted on my SW card on 11/1. The statement posted and payment is due on 11/26. The 3k anniversary RR points have not shown up in my RR balance yet. When should I call to request a retention offer or to close the account?

My $69 AF posted on my SW card on 11/1. The statement posted and payment is due on 11/26. The 3k anniversary RR points have not shown up in my RR balance yet. When should I call to request a retention offer or to close the account?

After the points post. I actually paid the annual fee last month and then called after the points posted.

They've credited my fee back to me.

edit: no retention offer for me...

I couldn't resist the Capital One Spark Business offer. Applied and instant approval. That bonus is awesome! Including the value for the spend, I'll have $3000 in travel credits! I do have high organic spend due to estimate income tax payments, DVC dues, a dental implant, and the list goes on.
I've got a bunch of MSR's to work on right now...SW biz(pacing myself), SW personal(pacing myself), P2 CIP(almost done), and now Spark.
:scared::faint:

I can confirm that I received an additional 1500 Chase UR after using Chase Pay 5x with my Chase Freedom card. This is in addition to the 5% quarterly bonus.

That is great news! Gonna go load more onto DD's and my Starbucks accounts for the bonus stars.

Yeah, the current Broadway cast is outstanding. In fact, it's weird to say, but both DW and I thought the weakest member of the cast by far is Hamilton himself. And for the most part, that's okay. Daniel Breaker as Aaron Burr is one of the best performances I've seen on Broadway, and James Monroe Iglehart as Lafayette/Jefferson is also outstanding. Angelica and Eliza casts are also great.

Strangely, the first time we saw Hamilton, we saw the understudy for Alexander Hamilton (it was a holiday weekend and the lead was off). We liked the understudy significantly more. He was dancing in the background the second time we saw it.

Have fun! Hoping we can get back soon. There are still a few $549 orchestra tickets for our NYC trip next March but we haven't pulled the trigger (yet).

Oh, this gives me goosebumps remembering that show. They really were outstanding. Granted it was my first and only Broadway show so I have little to compare it to, but wow it was incredible.

I called on mine after the AF hit the card and was offered a $35 statement credit

@SBWB48 I'm so impressed you've been able to get 4 Chase biz cards! Well done :) I only have two but am just so nervous to go for a third even though I know others have pulled it off successfully. You having four gives me encouragement to go for it!
I'd love to go for a chase biz card for the bonus.... but I tried a few years back and got shot down with detailed questions from a rep...... I'm scared to try again!

Another Southwest/Hawaii update, I tried posting yesterday, but had internet issues and work. It seems that ETOPS is holding everything up.

An unanticipated delay appears to be have taken place regarding Southwest Hawaii flights. The airline had hoped to announce flights in October with service to start before year end. Photo above is still about to happen, on Maui. Here’s what has changed or is still in process:

1. FAA sign-off on ETOPS certificate (required for Hawaii) has been delayed for up to 90 days. That could translate into a December/January announcement and February flights. Southwest has gone silent with no updates on the process. This process has been ongoing for 12 months. Regulatory reviews of manuals is completed. Procedures are moving into demonstration phase, starting with “table top exercises,” then the validation flights. That followed by training. Once they get ETOPS, they are ready to go and will within days start sales. They expect to fly within no more than one month of obtaining certification. See estimate of timing below.

2. Competitors are using this time to reduce sales, and increase profits, prior to the all but certain massive Hawaii fare wars that will take off with Southwest.

3. Southwest appears otherwise ready to fly to Hawaii. They have employees in the islands, and the flight schedule and other plans are set. A Los Angeles crew base for Hawaii will be in place in December. All aspects of the launch are ready pending the FAA go ahead.

4. New terminal at Honolulu airport is being completed. It will be ground floor using boarding ramps, and dual door boarding is possible. Last week the airline said it will begin testing front/rear door boarding to shorten time. This is well suited to Honolulu given our good weather.

5. Hilo is now on the Southwest Hawaii map. Two Southwest executives have signaled that Hilo will be a part of their Hawaii routes. We aren’t clear if that will be inter-island only, or if a San Diego or Oakland to Hilo flight is a possibility. There is only one flight at present between the mainland and Hilo.

6. Entertainment on-board. We expect to see The SWA inflight entertainment portal on Hawaii flights. That includes flight tracker, gate information, games, free live TV, on-demand TV, free movies and messaging, plus paid web browsing.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter