I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, life got busy over the last month, and I found myself over 80 pages behind :scared:

FINALLY caught up after a few late night reading sessions :faint:

A few DPs in case they are helpful to anyone (was still very much churning despite falling behind here :thumbsup2):

1.) Got my 4th Chase Business Card (SW Biz). Last one was the the CIC back in May, Marriott Biz in Feb, and CIP last July. 4/24 until May when another card drops off. Going to likely go for the SW Personal in a few weeks, so I can get the Amex Gold after. Or may sneak in the Gold first to give it a couple more weeks between my SW Biz and SW Personal :scratchin

2.) DH got a retention offer on his SW Plus. Had gotten a retention for the Premier back in July, so wasn't sure if it would happen again.

Phew, life got busy over the last month, and I found myself over 80 pages behind :scared:

FINALLY caught up after a few late night reading sessions :faint:

A few DPs in case they are helpful to anyone (was still very much churning despite falling behind here :thumbsup2):

1.) Got my 4th Chase Business Card (SW Biz). Last one was the the CIC back in May, Marriott Biz in Feb, and CIP last July. 4/24 until May when another card drops off. Going to likely go for the SW Personal in a few weeks, so I can get the Amex Gold after. Or may sneak in the Gold first to give it a couple more weeks between my SW Biz and SW Personal :scratchin

2.) DH got a retention offer on his SW Plus. Had gotten a retention for the Premier back in July, so wasn't sure if it would happen again.

Nice on the Quattro Chase Biz cards! Are all with only your SSN and still open?

Barring any negative changes, I plan to go for my fourth Chase Biz (the CIU) next February or March when I drop back under 5/24 (currently at 6/24 with personal cards dropping off in December and February). But by then my Marriott Biz will pass one year and go on the chopping block, so I may not ever get to 4 Chase biz cards open at the same time. You’ve got me thinking that maybe I should hold out a few more months once I’m back under 5/24 to try for the United Biz or something.

Nice on the Quattro Chase Biz cards! Are all with only your SSN and still open?

Barring any negative changes, I plan to go for my fourth Chase Biz (the CIU) next February or March when I drop back under 5/24 (currently at 6/24 with personal cards dropping off in December and February). But by then my Marriott Biz will pass one year and go on the chopping block, so I may not ever get to 4 Chase biz cards open at the same time. You’ve got me thinking that maybe I should hold out a few more months once I’m back under 5/24 to try for the United Biz or something.

Yep, all four are still open and approved as a sole prop/SSN. I've done quite a bit of thinking in terms of how I want to approach my 5/24 strategy and have flipped flopped quite a bit as things evolved the last couple months and with new offers just popping up left and right, further throwing more wrenches in my plans every few weeks. I too have been eyeing the CIU, but decided to prioritize the SW CP first, while I still can and because I think once I have everything I want from Chase, I will just move on and utilize DH as my under 5/24 player. The Marriott Biz for me will also be on the chopping block come Feb/March, so I think my plans right now are (at 4/24): SW Biz (got it), Amex Gold (Dec), SW Personal (Dec), CIU (May, when I fall under 5/24 again), maybe United (July/August), plus any Amex Biz cards in-between, as needed.

I really need a break, though, after back-to-back 16K and 19K MSRs from March-August :faint: But, who am I to say, watch something else come onto the scene between Jan-May and back on the MSR wagon I go...:car:

Does the ChasePay promo include CF or just CFU? I'm currently using it to buy gas at Shell $25 at a time on the CF before using P2's CSR. Will the CF work or should I just start using the CSR? I seem to have read conflicting posts.
I can confirm that I received an additional 1500 Chase UR after using Chase Pay 5x with my Chase Freedom card. This is in addition to the 5% quarterly bonus.

Speaking of business cards, I know I have read that people put all of their spending on them, and that most expenses can be explained away. But are there ever charges you purposefully DON'T put on them? I have about a 1300 charge for an organization that I can put on my new CIP and get reimbursed for. Since it is my first business card I feel a little skittish doing this for some reason.

Speaking of business cards, I know I have read that people put all of their spending on them, and that most expenses can be explained away. But are there ever charges you purposefully DON'T put on them? I have about a 1300 charge for an organization that I can put on my new CIP and get reimbursed for. Since it is my first business card I feel a little skittish doing this for some reason.

I was pretty nervous at first too as to what I could put on the biz cards. With my first biz card (CIP), my biggest expense was my dd's medical care. I just couldn't reconcile how I could justify that as a business expense if Chase called me up to ask about it. Of course, they have never called me up to ask about any of my charges on my biz cards. Now, I don't even think about it. I really don't think there is cause for concern.

Anything that could run into a benefit(trip cancellation insurance, baggage delay, car insurance etc), id avoid putting onto a business card. You would need in a way prove that u were on a business trip. Id just rather put it on a personal card.

Also recently read... ppl tend to put bigger spendings on business cards as it doesnt affect their credit score when they go over their 30% utilization...

I was pretty nervous at first too as to what I could put on the biz cards. With my first biz card (CIP), my biggest expense was my dd's medical care. I just couldn't reconcile how I could justify that as a business expense if Chase called me up to ask about it. Of course, they have never called me up to ask about any of my charges on my biz cards. Now, I don't even think about it. I really don't think there is cause for concern.
Doesn’t your company provide health insurance benefits/perks to cover your DD’s medical care :)

As I sit and wait for the “HOT NOW” Krispy Kreme sign to come alive...so I can treat my “employees” to doughnuts.

I haven't seen it in Chicago (yet) but have heard that the current NY cast is outstanding. Like any show, the performer(s) can make the difference. I saw the show in SF and in DC. Both shows were great but there were performances that were far superior among individual performers between the two shows. I've seen a bootleg recording of the original cast in NY and there are marked differences as well.

Yeah, the current Broadway cast is outstanding. In fact, it's weird to say, but both DW and I thought the weakest member of the cast by far is Hamilton himself. And for the most part, that's okay. Daniel Breaker as Aaron Burr is one of the best performances I've seen on Broadway, and James Monroe Iglehart as Lafayette/Jefferson is also outstanding. Angelica and Eliza casts are also great.

Strangely, the first time we saw Hamilton, we saw the understudy for Alexander Hamilton (it was a holiday weekend and the lead was off). We liked the understudy significantly more. He was dancing in the background the second time we saw it.

Have fun! Hoping we can get back soon. There are still a few $549 orchestra tickets for our NYC trip next March but we haven't pulled the trigger (yet).

I'm 60 pages behind due to vacation...is there an issue transferring UR points? I've transferred from my CSP to my husbands CSR in the past. I've tried for the last couple days and have gotten an error message. What's going on?

Yay! Finally, completed my Plat spend and 100k bonus has posted so I can put that darn card up for now except to use it for any offers. Now I just need my BPG to arrive so I can work on that spend and go back to putting normal spend on their optimized category spend.

I can confirm that I received an additional 1500 Chase UR after using Chase Pay 5x with my Chase Freedom card. This is in addition to the 5% quarterly bonus.

That's great to see, thanks for letting us know! (I'm sorry I can't remember, but I believe it was you and I who had conflicting info from Chase on this. Really glad to see that the answer given to me by Chase was wrong)

Good morning. Has anyone had points post for recently adding an AU to their CSP? I received a card for adding my son as an AU on 10/18 and activated it that day. I used it for a purchase on 10/19. The 5000 points have not shown up in my account? Does it take a while, or is the bonus no longer working?

I'm 60 pages behind due to vacation...is there an issue transferring UR points? I've transferred from my CSP to my husbands CSR in the past. I've tried for the last couple days and have gotten an error message. What's going on?
I had to message chase directly and they transferred our points for us manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter