I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a question about Ultimate Reward points...
I have the CF, CSP, and CIP. Does it matter which account “houses” the UR points when I combine them? I currently have about 160,000 UR points. I have been combining them under the CF but I have no idea why lol.
Thanks in advance!

I had a question about Ultimate Reward points...
I have the CF, CSP, and CIP. Does it matter which account “houses” the UR points when I combine them? I currently have about 160,000 UR points. I have been combining them under the CF but I have no idea why lol.
Thanks in advance!
That’s a great question! You should combine them on the CSP or CIP. In the (very unlikely) event that they stop allowing points pooling, then you’d have all your points on a card that has access to the 1.25x portal and transfer partners. (This is pure paranoia by the way - there are no legitimate rumors of them changing that, but always better to play it safe).

It came out in Aug 2000 so you had a new baby if I remember that your DD is about to or has turned 19 in recent days. Though I'm surprised neither of them ever caught it on tv since it or one of it's sequels seemed to be on some stations almost every weekend for a while.

This is true. Thank you for pointing that out. I had a VERY colicky baby in Aug 2000. This was also my first baby and I was SOOOO overwhelmed. Pretty sure watching movies were not on my high list of things to do.

Third one was a baby in 2000. We didn't even see a Disney movie that year!

I figure once we are empty nesters, we will have lots more time for movies. Until then, kids are my focus :)

We've been watching more movies and Netflix/Amazon series since that 2000 baby went away to school last summer :-)

Question? Are you referring to people that you know are homeless or people that are pan handling for money to buy the pot?

I see a difference in these two groups.

(not who you were replying too) I saw the same number of panhandlers in Colorado Springs--at intersections, etc--that I see in this area of the country. There were obviously mentally ill homeless people w their belongings in the downtown area. We passed several encampments under highway ramps while driving. Now, we live in a university town/small city with a proper downtown and have a similar population of mentally ill homeless. We have a much larger "invisible" population of homeless families who live in their cars when not at work and school (we do volunteer work w a transitional shelter).

SO TRUE! We are kinda sort of planning an Australia/NZ trip with friends next year and they're thinking of breaking up the flights (eg from here to HI, wait a day or two, then on to Oz) whereas I'm like "put me in biz and I'll sleep and eat." They aren't points/miles people and when they pulled out their Delta Plat Amex to pay for dinner I wanted to :sad:

DH and I enjoyed the Danube River cruise ABD in the winter so it will be interesting to see how the summer one differs. I was so sad ABD discontinued the Prague add on but felt it was worth it enough to actually plan it out myself.

That sounds amazing! I'd love to do the islands and more northern/eastern part of the country but when I just need to relax, Edinburgh is perfect.

Good luck-DD fell out of love with the states and into love with overseas travel around 13. She's been to 46 but I don't know when we'll knock out WI, HI, DE and CT. Maybe I'll just leave it up to her.

Me too-had no idea what the Bring it On gifs were but Aug 2000 I was pregnant and working full time so it was up, eat, work, eat, sleep. I feel like I essentially missed the 90s and most of the 2000s!

Same! I think I started catching up on popular culture (ie not Disney and kid shows) in the mid2000s when my older two hit their preteen years :laughing:

I have stayed at HRH and PB in club level. I really like the location of the club in PB since it is convenient for when you are leaving or returning for the parks to grab breakfast, snacks, evening offers, etc. HRH was our first club experience at Universal several years ago so that is a bit fuzzy. The club is with the hotel rooms in its own section, if I recall correctly. We are trying RP club levelfor the first time next month so I can’t comment yet but we have stayed at RP and liked it :) I, personally, don’t think you can go wrong at any of their resorts.

Thank you for the feedback. We have stayed at both PB and RPR. We liked the location of RPR better and proximity to Sapphire Falls, but we liked both resorts. We have never done Club Level at either and are seriously considering it this time.

And it’s trip like these with non churner friends (which is pretty much everyone we know) that are the biggest obstacle to an efficient use of points. The hotels that make sense on points often make very little sense on cash.
My cousin's wife has said a few times, that we should do a Europe trip together... on one hand, I think it would be fun, IF we could not be attached at the hip 24/7 (as an example I just wouldn't want to take DH somewhere I want to show him, and they aren't interested or have been and don't want to go again but still come and be bored... been there done that with others and it's no fun). Like it would be fine to split up some days and meet up for dinner or the next day, same hotel. But also now I'm like, we can't go together because you don't churn. :rotfl:
But not nearly as much as I love this! This is one of my go to movies that I can watch endlessly and never tire of!!
I need to watch it again!!!
Sorry, nope. Love Emma Stone, hate Penn Badgley in everything he's done.
giphy.gif

Just got off the phone with SWA the next date is now May 23rd according to the A list rep I spoke to. Trying to figure out the cost of flights to HI but they can get us there but not back. Well apparently you have to do two reservations one to the west coast and one to HI. the outbound are connecting but the inbound are not so that's why it says call them. Why their IT can't say book two flights instead of calling them. luckily the wait this time was only 2 minutes.

Any recommendations on getting to other islands? We did Oahu and now thinking to take the kids to Aulani and then check out other islands. Would you recommend Oct over Columbus week or Feb over Presidents day week? Trying to decide when we should go and start saving up. Thanks

Tagging @SouthFayetteFan - Next Southwest schedule release date is now Thursday, 5/23/19? https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/ is still showing 5/30/19.

@3 DD love princesses - So SW is telling you they can get you to Hawaii, but they can't get you back home? You'll need to book with another airline? I'll try to chime in later with some thoughts about Hawaii.

Thanks. Yes, they are backdated just like my eBags since I made the purchases within minutes of each other and they both shipped the following day si expected the points at the same time as my $20 refund. I’ll follow up with them on chat later since that was Wed.

They should show up within a couple days, but occasionally it takes until end of the terms to arrive. I had one take a couple months to show up but it was within the 8? 12? weeks listed in the terms. When I chatted with them after a couple weeks they just said it can take the X number weeks to post, they could put in request and they’d let me know in 5 days and never heard from them. Just when I was about to contact them again they posted.

They won’t send it “soon” if you’re approved. Sadly, Citi is super slow, 10 days for the card and you’ll get an envelope full of the T&C first.

ETA Soeaking of Citi, how long is it taking for points to post. My statement closed 5/16, points are on the statement but not in my account yet.
My statement closed 5/16 too and my points are there today!

How about Easy A?

giphy.gif

Also a great movie but newer than the one's we were discussing.

Question? Are you referring to people that you know are homeless or people that are pan handling for money to buy the pot?

I see a difference in these two groups.

Neither which is why I said I would imagine. I don't understand what you mean though. Our homeless problem was bad before pot became legal and from everything I've heard there's no correlation whereas @wendow said there has been in CO. Our media, print and tv, cover the issue a lot.

Sorry, nope. Love Emma Stone, hate Penn Badgley in everything he's done.

I don't care for him either but I can watch stuff he's in as long as the others are people I like. He was more tolerable in John Tucker Must Die which is another good one.

Now Chris Pratt I've disliked him since The O.C. and watch the jurassic park movies despite him because I like the franchise so much but anything else I've skipped. Plus they aren't trying to be comedy which helps.

Now Chris Pratt I've disliked him since The O.C. and watch the jurassic park movies despite him because I like the franchise so much but anything else I've skipped. Plus they aren't trying to be comedy which helps.

I remember liking Chris Pratt all the way back when he was in Everwood. I was a bit disappointed that Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame didn't bring back the Sharon Carter character (played by Chris Pratt's onscreen sister in Everwood, Emily VanCamp) so we could have a family reunion.

Ah, maybe not concerned...yet. They are not in his AA Account, nor do they show in his AA balance on the Citi website, but if I click on hits miles earnings on the Citi account page, it shows 40000 bonus miles. Hopefully the post tomorrow. I will NOT be asking for any more matches.
If they’re on your statement IMO you’re going to get them. I think it takes 2-5 days to transfer and the weekend could be a factor in that too. :)

Last 3 trips were all non-Disney. NCL Bliss to Mexico, skiing up in Tahoe, and Universal Hollywood/Legoland. I'd have to go 5 trips back to find something Disney, lol.

Summer trip is to Iceland and Scotland. Iceland I'm most looking forward to staying on a horse farm, the Glacier Lagoon and tasting thousand year old ice. Scotland I'm looking forward to visiting Staffa and seeing puffins. Looking forward to the Edinburgh festivals too, but with some trepidation about the crowds. Flight to Iceland was booked with URs, flight back from Scotland with AA miles. Staying at vacation rentals booked with cash (gasp), with the last week at the HGVC Craigendarroch on timeshare exchange.

Now that I have my stash of points, I should do a better job of using them! But couldn't find anything that I could convince myself to switch to. Part of the problem was many hotel rooms only fit 2 and we're traveling with the kids. One day I'd love to be able to say to DH - entire trip paid with points! Think I'm still in the hoarding stage. Hate using them unless I'm getting really high value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter