I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay all y'all wimps! I need to know what kind of spider that is! If it is something venomous, I may have to call a company. I've seriously never seen anything like it. And yes, @afan, the legs were hairy!

Y'all are just lucky I didn't post the video or make the pic big :rotfl:
ok ok I'm late to the game (as usual) but I'm just going to chime in here and urge y'all NOT to call in poison companies when you find a bugs and critters...(no thank you,I don't want to enlarge and look at that pic!:scared:) especially in your yard where they belong!!! Lets all try to remember that in spite of their horrific appearance (Have I mentioned my arachnaphobia) the incredible amount of beneficial work that spiders perform for us daily? All these chemicals and poisons don't just kill bugs ya' know..... there are side effects that damage everything and everyone else too! (Now if giant spider is inside my house, she's broken the ONE rule I have and all bets are off, I'm gonna take her out with my shoe...)
Those southern roaches are also a fact of life in Florida.... I'm not saying I like them,and I'd be doing everything (natural) within my power to get them out of my house.... but palmetto bugs are just....there. I recall my Grandma showing me all the foods they kept in the fridge in her Sarasota home b/c of the palmetto bugs. So..in the interest of O/T threads I am posting this PSA. You can pay attention or ignore as you like. I have nothing to comment on regarding credit cards at the moment.:rotfl2::hippie::flower1: (I've been accused of being "crunchy" before...)

ok ok I'm late to the game (as usual) but I'm just going to chime in here and urge y'all NOT to call in poison companies when you find a bugs and critters...(no thank you,I don't want to enlarge and look at that pic!:scared:) especially in your yard where they belong!!! Lets all try to remember that in spite of their horrific appearance (Have I mentioned my arachnaphobia) the incredible amount of beneficial work that spiders perform for us daily? All these chemicals and poisons don't just kill bugs ya' know..... there are side effects that damage everything and everyone else too! (Now if giant spider is inside my house, she's broken the ONE rule I have and all bets are off, I'm gonna take her out with my shoe...)
Those southern roaches are also a fact of life in Florida.... I'm not saying I like them,and I'd be doing everything (natural) within my power to get them out of my house.... but palmetto bugs are just....there. I recall my Grandma showing me all the foods they kept in the fridge in her Sarasota home b/c of the palmetto bugs. So..in the interest of O/T threads I am posting this PSA. You can pay attention or ignore as you like. I have nothing to comment on regarding credit cards at the moment.:rotfl2::hippie::flower1: (I've been accused of being "crunchy" before...)
I don't spend a lot of time thinking about spiders other than to be terrified of them, but you're right- they do a lot for us, and I am grateful.

However, they DO NOT belong in my house, ever. If it encroaches on my territory... it's gonna get squished!

Friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release will occur on THIS THURSDAY, September 26th.
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 3/6/20 and this release will take their schedule out to 4/13/20 (covering popular spring break dates)
  • In my experience, flights typically go “live” between 7am and 9am Eastern. HOWEVER, The last 2 releases actually did not go live until 10:40 and 9:20am Eastern respectively.

They really are harmless. It says they’re good for gardens but you know our pool isn’t a garden so they have to be destroyed by rock
and I'd just like to add that swimming spiders that try to join me in a Florida pool also break the rules..... so I guess I have two major spider rules :scared: :rotfl2: I still have memories of swimming in my aunts FL pool and learning the horrible truth that some spiders like to swim....

One of the reasons we will likely never live in a tropical climate is our aversion to creepy crawlies. DH would not be able to deal with the bugs, but he's also be freaked out by the chemicals you'd need to keep them out of the house. Best we don't move to FL!

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about spiders other than to be terrified of them, but you're right- they do a lot for us, and I am grateful.

However, they DO NOT belong in my house, ever. If it encroaches on my territory... it's gonna get squished!
DH used to carefully trap any spiders he found inside and put them outside. Then I got a really bad spider bite (still have a scar from it 10 years later) and ever since, anyspider he sees inside better scurry. He's still holding a grudge.

Anyone who bought from raise yesterday and went through TCB, did your purchase track for TCB? Normally I get a notice within 24 hours and I’m not too far away from that now so getting a little concerned. My aunt bought 4 of the $250 Disney gcs and she hasn’t gotten an email from them either. She’s definitely concerned 😧
Was it the discounted cards or the full price ones? Full price ones don't count for TCB. Learned that after I bought several on another deal a few months ago. I argued with them until they credited me b/c the small print DID NOT say that at the time, but they have now fixed it to reflect the requirement to buy the discounted cards for cashback.

Yes, you can. Or, according to some people I was just really lucky. But my DD was sleeping through the night, not getting up until around 8am (which is really late for a baby/toddler) and taking 1-2 naps a day. She was a great sleeper, and a much happier little one because she wasn't super tired. I encouraged sleep, but didn't force it (DH and I just couldn't sit around ignoring her when she cried).
lucky. kids are born with their personal sleep pattern built in. As parents we can try to adapt them to our schedules...but it really is YMMV with this!!! I had a kid who wouldn't sleep thru the night till he was about 6. I kid you not,he's an adult now and has the weirdest sleep patterns still. We gave up in self defense so we could get some sleep in spite of him. Another kid who had no issues like that, but naps? HA! naps were for leetle babies and that's it!!! Now I have a nephew who is like a magical child.... he literally gets his teeth brushed etc, gets a kiss, you pop him in his crib and close the door. 11 hours later he's up and happy as a clam. No fuss at all, been this way since birth basically. ( I didn't even know this could EXIST when mine were toddlers!!!) I told my Dsis she should make more of these 'super sleeper' kids and sell them,they're gold! :rotfl:

I believe you are addressing the SW change loophole... Unfortunately, I do not bring good news...

That is a very limited loophole, tied to SW schedule revisions due to Max8. This window will open up periodically for flights 3-4 months out and only for a short time period. It happened a few weeks ago for flights around Christmas so you'd imagine the next time it will open up will be for early January or something like that... Sorry!

If you want to read up on how it works it's posted on 9/5/19 in the DISchurners news thread.
So.... I'm seeing some flight prices that are different from my last check..... I'm in the Dec. window(got the email a week+ ago) think I'm still god to go in and try this to save some $?

The scenes of Moira singing at the funeral and at the choir practice are my two favorite scenes. She’s a comedic genius in this role.
no spoilers......:thanks::surfweb:popcorn:: I'm waiting for netflix to run them.....

Friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release will occur on THIS THURSDAY, September 26th.
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 3/6/20 and this release will take their schedule out to 4/13/20 (covering popular spring break dates)
  • In my experience, flights typically go “live” between 7am and 9am Eastern. HOWEVER, The last 2 releases actually did not go live until 10:40 and 9:20am Eastern respectively.
Can you remind us how to see them early? Either here or on dischurners. Actually, dischurners would be good b/c we can refer back to it.

So.... I'm seeing some flight prices that are different from my last check..... I'm in the Dec. window(got the email a week+ ago) think I'm still god to go in and try this to save some $?

I think if you got the email you are ok to make 1 change. I'm not sure if there is a time limit on making that change or not. You might have to call now though since the wide-open change window is closed. Just try online and see if it shows '0 points' for all the flight changes. If so, you are good to go. If not, call and inquire if you can still make your one change.

I'm so stressed!!!! Planning another extended fam trip next spring (why do I do these things???) and going to be thinking about all airfare till I know they've got what they need..... For myself it's barely a thought... I already sent the group a text reminder about that date.....

I'm not sure if I want to take up a 5/24 slot with the AmEx Platinum. I'm currently at 3/24, so my next move is very important (Hyatt Visa drops off in July, 2020, but I may apply for the card again because I love Hyatt properties and they haven't de-valued their points like some other chains -- here's looking at you Marriott).

Biz Plat instead?

I think if you got the email you are ok to make 1 change. I'm not sure if there is a time limit on making that change or not. You might have to call now though since the wide-open change window is closed. Just try online and see if it shows '0 points' for all the flight changes. If so, you are good to go. If not, call and inquire if you can still make your one change.
thanks.... I may give this a go

Was it the discounted cards or the full price ones? Full price ones don't count for TCB. Learned that after I bought several on another deal a few months ago. I argued with them until they credited me b/c the small print DID NOT say that at the time, but they have now fixed it to reflect the requirement to buy the discounted cards for cashback.
Mine was discounted. I believe the Disney ones that many were able to buy were discounted ever so slightly.

Kids and sleep. I have had one extreme to another which leads me to believe it's definitely something they are born with. My oldest didn't sleep through the night until 3 but my second slept through the night from a week old. I had to wake him to eat. Oldest still stays up late, doesn't sleep well, and is up before all the others. However, as they get older you definitely can adapt their sleep schedule some. They just get used to what the norm in your house is as far as waking up. Even though we homeschool I wake them up to start at a decent time or we wouldn't get done with what we need before time for afternoon and evening activities. Mine get up at 7 for school but will sleep until 8 or later on weekends. The three year old hates to get up and regularly sleeps until 8:30 or 9 and since she doesn't have school I just let her.

Friendly reminder that TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, 9/25/19, is the last day for the elevated 20,000 MR support bonus from the Amex Business Platinum, and the 15,000 MR support bonus from the Blue Business Plus.

Presumably, the support bonuses will then go back down to 15k MR and 10k MR respectively.

Remember, don't self-support, and there is a 55k MR cap on support bonuses that you can earn each year per card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter