I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our flight home last night, I double checked all of my Universal receipts vs my room charges, added everything to YNAB, added it to my MSR tracking spreadsheets, added up how much we saved on food with our new APs, added up how much MIL and aunt owe for those meals (so they'd get the discount), and caught back up on here. Thank goodness DH gets free wifi now :rotfl: Took the notepad from Royal Pacific to do my math and am now making notes of things to do/deals to check out, etc, as I read. Dh just flipped through the pad and shook his head 😂

You are so calm about it, that's impressive, I'm jealous. What is a centricon system?

Whaaat, my Realtor told me I didn't need pest service. I have not been at the house since I closed in July. This is not good.

Wow, finally got one on my Bonvoy! Thanks

I don't think of the big ones as cockroaches aren't they called Pametto bugs or something like that? Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but they don't bother me. Seeing the little ones would have me pitching my entire pantry and calling 911 :joker:. Maybe I need a reality check.

I am not a fan of using any sprays but in this case I would have to stand down on my principles. I do recall having ant issues and an occasional palmetto bug when I lived in Miami, but never actual roaches.
A sentricon system is for termites. It’s not likely we’ll get them but we do it as a precaution. They stick these things in the ground that attract the termites and kills the whole colony around your house

Oh and in other good news, 1st my supervisor and manager took away that crazy pants schedule that one coworker had written, so the people who would be working the hours to cover can work that out amongst themselves - just like I was trying to do all along! 2nd my supervisor changed my schedule this week so I'm not working 12 hour days for the next two days. Though that would have been nice if she had either told me immediately or sent me an email so I would know and not show up 4 hours early tomorrow :rolleyes:

My niece got bit by a brown recluse last year. Spent 3 weeks in ICU finally got home and had a heart attach a few days later. She was only 39 and not overweight. I'm not sure if there was a correlation but I always suspected that there was. They are so nasty.

Wow, I had no idea, that makes AA way more appealing to me. Another card avenue to explore.

That is crazy.

I need that :( which amex?
My brother in law got bit by a brown recluse as a kid and has had immune system issues ever since.

Random Southwest Release Tip:
So it's possible that in the morning SW will have some of the flights loaded but not yet allow you to search beyond Nov 2nd yet. The way around that is to just play with the link text and you can force their system to search beyond 11/2 before any of the less savvy general public can actually see those flights. Here is a link to the Southwest Search Screen for a one-way flight - you can add "https://www." to the front and then change the items in bold to be your date and your Airport Codes (the first one is where you're going and the second one is your departure airport).

southwest.com/air/booking/index.html?adultPassengersCount=1&departureDate=2019-11-05&departureTimeOfDay=ALL_DAY&destinationAirportCode=PIT&fareType=USD&originationAirportCode=MCO&passengerType=ADULT&returnDate=&returnTimeOfDay=ALL_DAY&seniorPassengersCount=0&tripType=oneway&validate=true

When you load the site it will put in will pre-fill for a date beyond 11/2 and then you click search. If you get this message that means flights aren't loaded yet:
Sorry, no flights were found...
We're sorry, no flights are available that match your search criteria. Please alter your search or choose a different origin/destination.

I haven't tried/tested this for awhile but I've used this method in the past to book flights and had no issues. Good Luck tomorrow :)
Can you remind us how to see them early? Either here or on dischurners. Actually, dischurners would be good b/c we can refer back to it.
Excellent Idea! I have shared my “access the search screen early” tip right here:

The scenes of Moira singing at the funeral and at the choir practice are my two favorite scenes. She’s a comedic genius in this role.
DH can’t stand her. He literally clenches his fists when she’s on screen lol. I dislike Alexis and Roland the most

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about spiders other than to be terrified of them, but you're right- they do a lot for us, and I am grateful.

However, they DO NOT belong in my house, ever. If it encroaches on my territory... it's gonna get squished!

I'm not a spider fan because I had a nasty bite years ago. But be careful squishing them! I once stepped on one as he ran across my kitchen and a million babies ran out in all different directions. I now try to spray them instead but will still squish as a last resort.

Kids and sleep. I have had one extreme to another which leads me to believe it's definitely something they are born with. My oldest didn't sleep through the night until 3 but my second slept through the night from a week old. I had to wake him to eat. Oldest still stays up late, doesn't sleep well, and is up before all the others. However, as they get older you definitely can adapt their sleep schedule some. They just get used to what the norm in your house is as far as waking up. Even though we homeschool I wake them up to start at a decent time or we wouldn't get done with what we need before time for afternoon and evening activities. Mine get up at 7 for school but will sleep until 8 or later on weekends. The three year old hates to get up and regularly sleeps until 8:30 or 9 and since she doesn't have school I just let her.
I’ve had kiddos born with vastly different schedules as well but we’ve trained them as they’ve gotten older to mold to something that works for our family.

My kids get up for school at 7:30-8 and will sleep in on weekends til 8:30, if no early sports game. I’ve had so many friends whose kids are up at 5 every morning, I call sleeping til 8, ‘sleeping in’ lol.

ok ok I'm late to the game (as usual) but I'm just going to chime in here and urge y'all NOT to call in poison companies when you find a bugs and critters...(no thank you,I don't want to enlarge and look at that pic!:scared:) especially in your yard where they belong!!! Lets all try to remember that in spite of their horrific appearance (Have I mentioned my arachnaphobia) the incredible amount of beneficial work that spiders perform for us daily? All these chemicals and poisons don't just kill bugs ya' know..... there are side effects that damage everything and everyone else too! (Now if giant spider is inside my house, she's broken the ONE rule I have and all bets are off, I'm gonna take her out with my shoe...)
Those southern roaches are also a fact of life in Florida.... I'm not saying I like them,and I'd be doing everything (natural) within my power to get them out of my house.... but palmetto bugs are just....there. I recall my Grandma showing me all the foods they kept in the fridge in her Sarasota home b/c of the palmetto bugs. So..in the interest of O/T threads I am posting this PSA. You can pay attention or ignore as you like. I have nothing to comment on regarding credit cards at the moment.:rotfl2::hippie::flower1: (I've been accused of being "crunchy" before...)
We’ve had a few palmetto bugs but we’ve also had some of the smaller roaches with the stripe

I guess I haven't looked at any timeshare offers super closely, but DH got a Hyatt one while we were out of town and you have to be 35? Is that just a Hyatt thing or are they typically that age?

I'm not a spider fan because I had a nasty bite years ago. But be careful squishing them! I once stepped on one as he ran across my kitchen and a million babies ran out in all different directions. I now try to spray them instead but will still squish as a last resort.
That happened to me as well. Once outside, I’m freaked but can deal, and once inside, call 911, I’m looking for gasoline and a match :scared1:

Yep this happened to me as a kid. I stepped on one in our basement and a million babies ran out. I ran away screaming trying to find someone in my house to help me lol

Yes. They gave it a reprieve last year, but have announced it will be leaving for sure this time. Sometime in the next year I think.
That’s really upsetting. I don’t think I’d buy the series from Apple though because idk how we would watch it on our tv

I am too!!! I was just watching the videos. Makes me slightly more excited to stay at pop...which is not exciting at all. :(
I completely understand what you mean. When I saw how fast people got from DHS to CBR I was shocked!! I think I would prefer POP/AoA because of the bus situation for the other parks compared to the internal route at CBR. The CM in one of the videos mentioned CBR -> Epcot IG was about 18 minutes whereas the CBR -> DHS and CBR -> POP/AoA are only 5 minutes. It should be very convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter