I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how, but I think there's a way to google search with a photo. But also there should be some kind of message board or something you can upload it to. A coworker did that for some huge a** beetle we found on the wall next to the door into the shop in NC. I swear the bugs in NC are on steroids, they are SO much bigger than anywhere else I've ever been. Or maybe post on your fb?

All I know is it isn't a brown recluse, cause I've seen those.
My niece got bit by a brown recluse last year. Spent 3 weeks in ICU finally got home and had a heart attach a few days later. She was only 39 and not overweight. I'm not sure if there was a correlation but I always suspected that there was. They are so nasty.
You can change the date/time/route for no fee as long as your origin and destination remain the same, and travel has to be within 12 months of original booking. You can redeposit miles for a fee - $150 for the 1st pax and $25 for each add'l pax on the PNR. Booking one-ways gives you more flexibility if you only need to change one direction, but your redeposit fees would double as well if you changed both directions so you would need to decide what you value more.
Wow, I had no idea, that makes AA way more appealing to me. Another card avenue to explore.
Wanna see the spiders I find all over the top of our lanai? I kill them with a rock because they freak me out and they’re spiky lol. We have multiple rocks out back with blood on them. Apparently they’re harmless but I don’t want them making webs above my head while I’m swimming. They are kind of cool looking though
That is crazy.
My mom just got that on her Amex yesterday. I was texting her to tell her to book the spring break flights I found and she was all excited she was able to use an offer.
I need that :( which amex?

Anyone have any tips for booking lodging in the Grand Canyon south rim? I understand it has to be booked 13 months in advance, is it like booking FPs? I need to be logged in right at 7AM on October 1st to book Oct 2020, correct?
If you want on the rim in a certain hotel, you’ll want to look on the 1st. I don’t think you need to be on the site right at 7am or when they open as Oct is off season for the GC. If you want in the park but don’t have to be on the rim, you have more options and don’t need to rush for reservations.

Sounds great, I am tempted. It feels like I have not been to WDW for 2 or 3 years but in actuality it's only been 1.5. I have done a solo before but really prefer going early or staying after whoever I'm traveling with. What is "Altitude Reserve Real Time Rewards" I have never heard of this?
US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa. It’s US Bank’s answer to the CSR & Amex Plat But for US Bank customers only. It can be a bit tricky to get hold of and the Real Time Rewards redemption is tricky to use when initially setting up- you only get 1.5x rate on travel expenses and there are minimums for redemptions, gotta research it before you try it! You can also redeem for travel through the normal booking portal at 1.5x (they have Disney) and supplement with cash if you don’t have enough points. I meant to cancel after a year but I’m really liking 3x on mobile payments and 1.5x redemption useable on rideshares via RTR or portal booked travel.

I did a write up on DISchurners under WDW Tips which is a must read if you are interested in the card as US Bank plays a bit differently than other issuers.

You know what makes me crazy? Antiquated services that require you to pay by check. What is that about? Between DS’s after school care and the music lessons for my twins that’s over $200/mo that’s earning me zero points. Also daycare is payroll deducted and I don want to even talk about how much that is.

Bringing up a past discussion...

I'm searching for the method of buying the cheapest SW ticket and then being able to transfer for the days you are actually wanting to fly. I may be too late for it, but my DD has booked tickets for next week and had to pay quite a bit for them due to the times she has to fly. While catching up on the thread, those posts hit me and I wondered if I'd be able to do this with her tickets?

She is going from STL to DAL and there are flights about 1/2 price of what she paid within the next two weeks.

Anyway, if someone could point me to the discussion or let me know if they think this will work I'd appreciate it :)

There is a discussion in our DISchurners reddit group...
But it will not work for next week :( Unfortunately

They’ve sprayed before and told me it’s perfectly fine for our cats to be around it

Orkin makes us take the pets out of the house on an initial spray. The first time for 6 hours, after that it depended on what the actual treatment was. We were dealing with my daughters cats at her home while she was in Colorado in hospital. Fleas. I then had to deal with roaches in a rental property that was clean for many years, but a family member of the renters moved in and brought some stuff and that was all it took. It's disgusting to see what a mess that can be created. Beware if someone is coming out of an apartment as it's harder to keep problems at bay when it's multifamily housing. If one unit is sprayed they will move to somewhere where the occupant is less vigilant. I have regular pest control because I have animals and a dog that goes outside and I live where field mice will come in unless there is treatment. Perimeter treatment keeps them out. I basically get only perimeter treatments which I could probably do myself, but I like the fact that if I have a problem, they will come immediately. My dog and my cats are also treated and I haven't had any problems in a long time.

I had the guy come four times in a 3 week period at my daughters home. He was sick of me, but her problem was the unfinished basement area and the cement floor in that area - for some reason harder to abate. My son walked in and got bitten immediately after 2- 3 sprays. I don't think the guy believed us but I was with my son and saw it.

They can also arrive at your home in packing material, grocery bags or in any material where they hitch a ride, even tv's and toasters and coffeemakers. That is why I say no one is immune. Cold does not bother them. Single family homes have a leg up over multi family units as you don't necessarily have to worry about your neighbors unless you are connected or extremely close. My Orkin guy always asks if I've seen anything. I'd love to give up paying for this service, but until I'm pet free, it's going to continue.

Anyone have any tips for booking lodging in the Grand Canyon south rim? I understand it has to be booked 13 months in advance, is it like booking FPs? I need to be logged in right at 7AM on October 1st to book Oct 2020, correct?
If you want on the rim in a certain hotel, you’ll want to look on the 1st. I don’t think you need to be on the site right at 7am or when they open as Oct is off season for the GC. If you want in the park but don’t have to be on the rim, you have more options and don’t need to rush for reservations.
And if for some reason you don’t get what you want, keep checking back as people cancel all the time! I sometimes have to book national parks day-by-day which does make it easier to cancel and rebook lol

Good grief, I am without an MSR again??!!??!! Everytime I wonder, can I meet this easily, and then a couple weeks later, oh look, all done :-)

I got my CIU on September 11 or 12 (approved Sep 3? I think) and I'm already at over 2200 with 'little' stuff. It's only 3K and I could have finished it but I'm sort of trying to drag it out at least until October. I have until Dec 4 to get it done according to the slider on the website and have no other cards on the horizon - got the Amex pop up on the Hilton Biz and trying to get under 5/24.

Yes, you can. Or, according to some people I was just really lucky. But my DD was sleeping through the night, not getting up until around 8am (which is really late for a baby/toddler) and taking 1-2 naps a day. She was a great sleeper, and a much happier little one because she wasn't super tired. I encouraged sleep, but didn't force it (DH and I just couldn't sit around ignoring her when she cried).
I'm convinced that a big part of it is just the kid you get. My first didn't sleep through the night for years. She was a preemie, and for a long time she was just too small to go for that long without eating, but even after that, it was rough to get her to go to sleep/stay asleep. We did have lots of things that helped (a good bedtime routine, making sure she got naps so she wasn't over tired) but fundamentally, she was just high maintenance, and an early riser. Our second was a pretty good sleeper from the get go. I don't mind the early riser part (well, once that got to be 6am - the 4am days were rough), but I'm a morning person in any case.

You know what makes me crazy? Antiquated services that require you to pay by check. What is that about? Between DS’s after school care and the music lessons for my twins that’s over $200/mo that’s earning me zero points. Also daycare is payroll deducted and I don want to even talk about how much that is.

This is what Plastiq is for - I literally just paid for afterschool care and music lessons via plastiq. Yes, there is a fee, but you can score fee-free dollars by being referred and they run offers sometimes :).[/QUOTE]

HEY! If we're all gonna go to bed you guys gotta let me know. I'm sitting here refreshing like...

19974752.gif
I was sleeping, but had to comment here, as he is my favorite :-)
My son was a ridiculously early riser!! For a long long time. As a teen he finally stopped. Both of my kids are adults now and stay up half the night and sleep till noon when not working.
I don't remember when my son starting sleeping all night. He was a preemie so I had to wake him every 3 hours to eat at first. Then the dr said ok you can stop now. Try telling that to a baby who is used to getting up ever 3 hours LOL.
But he was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than my daughter, she didn't sleep through the night until somewhere between 2 and 3 probably.

In other news, I was able to call Home Depot and get my $100 gift card emailed.

There was a rebate on my John Deere lawn mower through HD when I bought it. I think it was a father's day promo or something similar. Anyway when I did my purchase online, I called them to ask how I submitted for it and was told 'it comes automatically'. Took screen shots of the order and all offer details from the website. Well, 15 weeks and no gift card later, I settled in to call - afraid of the 'on hold' issue. The system put me through immediately and the CSR was excellent.
She had me on hold on and off for about 15 minutes while she called my local store (I bought online??), and I guess consulted with supervisors, but eventually returned to say they would email me an egift card through cashstar within 48 hours. It came yesterday afternoon. I will say that I offered to send her all details through email if needed and I do believe that information made this almost seamless. I wonder how many other people haven't received this incentive which ran a week or two in early to mid June. There was no online form to fill as with other rebates. Lowes ran a similar rebate earlier over Memorial Day, but I was still shopping around then.

daughter, she didn't sleep through the night until somewhere between 2 and 3 probably.
This was mine, as well...I was completely sleep deprived for the first 18 months of her life. It helped seal the only child deal for me! I remember getting up early in the morning (she didn't like to sleep at all it seemed) and saying "just wait until you're a teenager, then I can wake you up." I was right...once she hit about 10, it was so hard to wake her...I guess she was making up for lost time. :rolleyes2

And just a reminder, in 7 days I will be flying my positioning flight to ATL for London/Paris/DLP/Dublin! Starting to get excited :)

I can barely keep up around here anymore - work has been crazy. I'm glad to see that most of what I've missed recently was just about bugs and not some important CC info!

We finally received the free weekend night on DH's Hilton Biz card and now our 3 nights at the Grand Wailea are booked!

I think Dh and I decided against homeschooling. I may check out our local elementary before making that a final decision but I’m pretty sure we want to send our kids to public school.

Might be a little early for that decision, but it's good to have your options in mind. I don't think I could ever have formally homeschooled as I've had to work all but one of my married years. But, I had a learning experience when I volunteered at my older daughter's kindergarten class - she didn't need me at all and wanted to assert her independence. She was always a leader and a perfectionist right down to her calligraphy style signature. But, there were kids that did need one on one and the teacher guided me in how to help them keep up and to learn some pretty basic stuff. Since you are a teacher you've probably already seen this, but you can't predict the abilities of your own children before birth although I'm sure a healthy gene pool is a great start.

I know you’re just venting but it’s probably good to remind yourself that these small businesses are “check only” to avoid the costs of merchant processing. That’s either putting more money in their hands (which they deserve IMO) or keeping costs lower for everybody. Plastiq is a good angle for savvy churners such as us to incur that processing cost ourselves for the greater points gain without placing that burden on small businesses.

(I’m also assuming that the payroll deducted daycare is a tax strategy which is netting you a greater financial savings than payment by card could)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter