Have you ever been INJURED on a ride?

Based on this thread, it seems that Disney World should have a name change to the Most Dangerous Place on Earth

I woke up "injured" after riding "the great food and wine" ride at EPCOT the night before. Does that count! :)

My favorite "Great food and wine" story was the day we started in Canada, and I literally stumbled in Mexico and tore my knee open. Only problem was - the jeans I wore were loose enough and "pre-embellished" so I didn't realize I had spent the second lap back to Canada with my knee bleeding the whole time!

At least I can truly say my love of Disney is made of my blood, sweat, and tears!

Getting out of Test Track the step up was a little steep. I fell and scrapped up the leg. I had to limp over to first aid. No one asked if I was ok or needed help and I know the CM saw me. :furious:

I managed to do that too! Ended up with a badly skinned shin and a slight limp. I hobbled over to first aid to get some antibiotic cream, but still ended up with an infection big enough to cause a scarred patch. An extra souvenir!

Got my foot scraped up by the bottom of the Wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon.

DH took the skin off his elbow and bruised his arm pretty badly riding the big slide at BB. But he survived, despite his dramallama complaining. When DD was 15 months old, I was taking her to the baby care center at AK to change her diaper after a huge 'code brown.' I unbuckled her, bent down to get the diaper bag, and the next thing I know she had stood up in her stroller & taken a swan dive directly into the door frame, catching it full-force with her forehead. She started howling & got a big hematoma immediately, CMs came out of the woodwork swarming us, trying to help. I let them usher us to the first aid center, but I did a quick assessment of her & she calmed down pretty soon, so I didn't check her in. I just kept a close eye on her that day. She has heard us tell her that story so many times, every time we are in AK she wants to go see the place where she fell...I blame her daddy for passing on the drama llama genes. :rotfl:

My story didn't happen at Disneyland but as Disneyland specifically leaving DCA. I was leaving well talking to a friend and well we were passing between two of the letters someone with a stroller forced their way beside me and ran over my foot, instead of apologising they gave me a dirty look as if I should have seen them behind me and paid attention to them instead of walking into one of the letters, I sure they must have notice my foot as they ran over it twice with both the front and back wheel.

First real hurt was just two weekends ago. Came around the last fast curve on BTMRR and slammed hard into the side. Knocked the wind out of me. It was the second to last car which I knew provided a bumpy ride but I usually sat on the other side and would lean into DBF coming around that curve.

Now non-disney related I was on a ride at Six Flags Astro World as a kid. It was called Sky Screamer. It was the first "thrill" ride I ever rode. The thing was a freefall simulator but instead of a straight drop you dropped into a horizontal curve. Well when we went into the curve the g-forces pushed the over the shoulder restaint into a further locked position. Well that position was pushing up and under my tiny ribs. When the ride stopped I was crying and couldn't take breaths. On top of all that the restraints had locked. Lucky for me the employee went into emergency mode and engaged the emergency unlock of my restraint and I could finally breath but that was the longest scariest minute of my life.

You know, I ALWAYS feel really unstable on BTMRR. Like I'm going to fly out. My DH has longer legs than I do, so the lap bar doesn't come down quite as far as it probably should. But we BOTH hold on for dear life, ESPECIALLY in the back. So I totally understand your pain here!

And YIKES about Six Flags...omg. :scared:

A duck at AK flew in for a landing and my dh's head was in the way. She slammed into him really hard. He had double vision, a headache, and was disoriented for a while. We finally had to go back to the room, he could barely navigate to walk around. A PhotoPass photographer witnessed it but only asked if he was ok, no help was offered. And the duck, well let's just say her waddle will probably never be the same.

A duck at AK flew in for a landing and my dh's head was in the way. She slammed into him really hard. He had double vision, a headache, and was disoriented for a while. We finally had to go back to the room, he could barely navigate to walk around. A PhotoPass photographer witnessed it but only asked if he was ok, no help was offered. And the duck, well let's just say her waddle will probably never be the same.

:scared1::headache:

Did he end of having a concussion?! Holy cow. ...duck.

Got my foot scraped up by the bottom of the Wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon.
Good to know!! Going there for first time in a few weeks. Only bad experience for me was major nausea that took several hours (of wasted park time) to subside after riding Mission Space (the more intense side).

Riding Dueling Dragons (before it became Dragon Challenge) I got a tiny burn on my forearm right at the very end of the ride. I think the explanation was that a fleck of hot metal from the braking system fell down from the overhead wheels. It stung for only a minute but the whole family got 1 express pass for any ride. We went over to Revenge of the Mummy. It was near closing time and they didn't take the passes from us, so we went around and around using the express queue and must have ridden it 4 times in less than 30 minutes.

I often joke with my daughter that the bus is our first "ride" and will raise my hands up high to enhance the thrill.

So we were on a bus to the MK once that struck a pole, breaking the right mirror of the bus. We had to sit and wait for supervisors and accident investigators (they called but sent away the ambulance.) And we had to sign forms saying we had or had not been injured before they would let us off the bus!

I assume that everyone chose "had not been injured" for fear of more hours of delay getting into the park that day!

I often joke with my daughter that the bus is our first "ride" and will raise my hands up high to enhance the thrill.

So we were on a bus to the MK once that struck a pole, breaking the right mirror of the bus. We had to sit and wait for supervisors and accident investigators (they called but sent away the ambulance.) And we had to sign forms saying we had or had not been injured before they would let us off the bus!

I assume that everyone chose "had not been injured" for fear of more hours of delay getting into the park that day!

:headache:

My DH is the most accident prone of us at Disney, but we have all had our problems. My DH tripped at Epcot carrying our fish and chips over in the UK. They got him more food and we made a visit to first aid later on. Another trip he got a small burn on his leg from the Tomorrowland speedway. He decided that it must have been something metal that had just gotten too hot in the sun. It was a small burn but when it was bothering him the next day, another trip to the first aid. My DS when he was 4 fell not once but twice at AK. He was just walking and fell, hurt his leg and a big bump on his head. And then we decide we are going to go to first aid to be safe, and he fell on the way to first aid. Then myself got a really bad bruise from our bus stopping way to fast going into MK. I have no idea why he made such a hard stop, but I wasn't ready for it and was shoved against a seat and got a really bad bruise. No first aid trip though.

And I think that is all of them. But fortunately none of them required more than a first aid visit. And one other quick thing since it involves blood. My son lost a tooth on our last visit, eating a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich. He lost it at Epcot just walking and my DH was actually able to find it for him. I was totally shocked, since it was a large area and a small tooth. So he might be accident prone at Disney, but he is also a great finder of lost things there too.

Broke a toe on the humunga kowabunga t BB. Kind of lost control on the way down and just as I hit the bottom (which was covered) my leg flew up and hit my foot on the covered bit. Pretty ouchy.

One time while on Splash Mountain, I was scratching my face near the "small" drop half-way into the ride. When the log got to the bottom, it jerked us around a little, and I ended up punching myself in the nose. I had a nose bleed for a good 3 minutes. I had a good laugh at myself.
Oh, Anna, I'm really sorry but I just laughed too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter