Have you ever been INJURED on a ride?

When we were standing in line for Soarin', a man struck my 3 year neice across the face. He thought it was his own kid. Apart from our anger that he would treat his own kid that way, we were beyond furious that someone made our baby cry at WDW!
I am utterly stunned...

This isn't really an injury but after I rode RNRC for the first few times, my wrists were very sore and it felt like I had broke my arms holding onto the bars on the overhead restraints for dear life.

Just returned last week. My nephew fell getting out of "doom buggy" in Haunted Mansion onto the moving walkway. CMs did stop the walkway but just stood and watched while several other guests ran to help me get him up off the floor. My nephew has several disabilities but is not in a wheelchair and we were refused when we asked to use wheel chair entrance to attraction like we had done in the past. Not one CM came over to offer assistance or even ask if he was ok! At first he said he was ok but wanted to go back to resort by the time we got back to WL he said his back was hurting badly. I reported incident to manager at WL they did offer to have us taken to a medical facility but he became very agitated so I decided to wait a bit. Instant ice packs were brought up to our room and I gave him Tylenol. We were unable to go on any other rides but we did see a few of the shows. When we got home he complained again about back pain and ended up being sent over to hospital for X-rays which indicated a compression fracture in lower vertebra! Go back to orthopedist tomorrow.
Eek!

When we were standing in line for Soarin', a man struck my 3 year neice across the face. He thought it was his own kid. Apart from our anger that he would treat his own kid that way, we were beyond furious that someone made our baby cry at WDW!

:(

Not acceptable.

1st of all, don't do that to your own kid. Ever.

2nd of all, nope, that's it. That's horrible.

I got bumped out of the hot seat on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire Play It".
I wasn't injured, but I was hurt. :headache:

I think the man injured on POTC should have read this thread first....

My brother had the monorail door close on him one time, had his arm stuck in it, he was 5 at the time. I think the door opened right after so he didn't get hurt too badly but it was still scary! The employees there weren't very helpful either and made it seem like it was his fault

We were at Epcot during Food and Wine about 5 years ago. Three of my kids wanted to ride Test Track during EMH. The ride vehicle seats 6, so the CM waved two ladies from the single rider line to join us. I could tell they were "together", so I offered to sit with them in the back while the kids took the front row.

Big mistake. I soon realized these ladies were buzzed out of their minds. The ride started and they were so busy thanking me and laughing that they were paying no attention to the vehicle movement. The lady sitting in the middle was especially wasted. She bent forward (maybe to puke), then was flung backwards as we started the brake testing. Her hands flew up and she slapped me right in the face!

She then fell forward again and bumped her head hard on the row in front of us. Her friend realized she was in trouble and she and I held the friend through out the remainder of the ride to stop her from hitting her head again. The drunk girl with no head control had a huge knot on her forehead, but never stopped laughing until she tried to get out afterwards. We had to get a CM to help get her out.

It wasn't until we were walking through the exit that my children told me that my nose was bleeding. It stopped by the time I got to the bathroom to clean up.

We saw the lady at the same bench in Future World throughout the rest of the night, looking miserable.

No more Food and Wine for us on Friday nights!

This reminds me of something that was so minor I almost forgot about! I must have been 13-14 at the time and we were on the Safari. I was on the right-hand side, next to the door, and was enjoying the ride (probably pouting a bit because I was not on the side with the elephants, let's be honest). As we were going through one of the bushier areas a tree branch that was stuck on the top of the vehicle became...well, unstuck, and whipped me right on my cheek, under my eye. It stung like anything and gave me a good cut! Had I not been wearing my glasses (it was the year I got glasses too) it probably would have been a bigger problem than it was.

Ok what the heck is going on with PotC lately?!?!

Lest we forget that that's the ride that STARTED this thread in the first place... just sayin'. Oye vey. Too bad it's my favorite. I'm going to wear a padded suit and a helmet when I go on it in December.

Fat%20suit%20safety.jpg

Hurt myself 3 times that required a trip to first aid.
Scraped up my knee pretty good in the wave pool at typhoon lagoon.
Sprained my ankle trying to step into its a small world. The seat was wet.
Bruised and banged my knee getting into the dumbo like ride at animal kingdom.

My daughter fell between the car and the platform on Radiator Spring Racers. She somehow flipped around and got her foot stuck under the car. It was a real manure to egg her out. She bruised and scraped herself pretty good. She was very brave and did not cry. She is 6. The whole thing was very scary!!

Yes, my son did on a water slide at Typhoon Lagoon. He did nothing wrong, he followed the rules and he was 7 at the time. He waited for the light to turn green and proceeded down the slide. Another kid behind him who did not speak a word of English nor understood what a red/green light meant went down right behind him and collided with him on the slide, causing an immediate lump on his forehead and giving him a slight concussion. Thankfully he never lost consciousness. The family, again who did not speak English, grabbed their son, and took off. My son rec'd treatment however Disney NEVER followed up to see how he was, nor attempted to locate the family that caused this.

I always manage to slam my head from side to side on RnRC, which makes my ears red and bothersome for a few hours.

A few years ago we went to TL. I woke up the next morning with pink eye. We were traveling home that day, so when we got home, I went to urgent care for a prescription. The doctor actually asked me if I had been in a public pool or water park recently, and attributed my pink eye to that. He said it's pretty common and evidently, it's a breeding ground. No way to know for sure of course ;)

No telling where you pick up stuff like that. Water parks- warm + damp = bacteria growth. WDW is a haven of germs. So many people from so many countries- I don't touch the railings unless I absolutely have to. It's the one time I carry hand sanitizer. :crazy2:

I rode space mountain for the final time in May. I say final time because my back hurt the entire next day after riding it. It is just too rough of a ride. I think if I could see the turn coming I could brace for it a little better but I will never get on it again.

Nope never been injured. Never had any back issues with Space Mountain. If anything, Dinosaur and Kilimanjaro Safaris have been the worst on my back.

Hercules was the name of a wooden coaster I road on as a teenager at a local theme park. It was notoriously bad on people's back and necks. I loved the ride, but it only stayed up a couple of years.

My mother-in-law got her foot run over by a wheelchair once coming out of a ride, I forget which one.

...we had dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel and had ordered an appetizer that was SUPPOSED to be roasted sweet peppers with chorizo. It came out and my husband (who is used to spicy food) took a bite and commented that it was spicier than he expected. Me, who doesn't do spicy food, thought "well, they're supposed to be sweet peppers, how spicy could it be?" and took a BIG bite. Well, we found out shortly that the chef had used the wrong peppers and they were actually Serrano peppers! I had a sore throat for two days.

no, but at Sea World the roller coaster that goes upside down got stuck in the upside down position for over an hour and a half. People were waiting with their 4 limbs dangling, being held in place by the chest plate. Then they had to climb down. They must've been so uncomfortable for that length of time. Then my son wanted to ride it later. Ummm, NO!

I got bruised really bad on my leg getting onto Rock N Rolling coaster. The step down was just too awkward for my clumsy self!!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter