Have you ever been INJURED on a ride?

It was a nightmare, but thankfully the little guy is great and now almost as tall as me.

Thank God! What a terrible thing to happen on vacation. To think I had no idea about water moccasins, my little daughter was playing right on the beach by the water when we stayed at the Poly, yikes!!!

Ok, this was many many years ago and my second trip to Disney. I was 18 and with some work friends (male and female). We went on the River Country and I was on a tube when one of my male coworkers pointed out to me that my bikini top had fallen down on one side. Here I am sitting floating with one **** hanging out and it was probably one of the most embarrassing moments! I know I was more embarrassed because it was a male coworker than I was about the other thousands who I would never see again! LOL:faint:

Don't take offense to this comment, but I don't know why any woman would be upset by a **** hanging out? It's just a normal part of a female anatomy, nothing to be ashamed about.

Once on POTC, the person behind me went to grab the back of my seat during the small drop and scraped a couple of places on my back with her nails. I got off and was bleeding from the scratches.

At TL, my older son who was 13 at the time, had a much larger adult run into him during a wave and scraped his knee very badly. He has a scar from it to this day.

My younger son's neck was cut when he was 12 at the barber shop at MK last year. I took a photo right after it happened and sent it to my DH (who wasn't with us that day in the park) because I was surprised he was cut during a haircut. He didn't wiggle or move, he was just slightly cut. The next day, it was infected and the infection spread half way across his neck over the next few days. I kept putting Neosporin on it and it did nothing. He was treated at his doctor and given antibiotics. It went away within a couple of weeks and he has no scarring. I notified Disney and sent the photos of the initial cut and then the infection. We were offered to have his dr. visits paid, but I declined. I just wanted them to make sure that they cleaned their blades and were more careful. My DH and sons have all had multiple haircuts there and dozens over their lives and never been cut.

Several years ago we were eating dinner in Epcot in Italy, and I bit down on pistachio gelato and nearly cracked a tooth on what I thought was a hard nut. I looked and it was a chip of ceramic. I notified the manager and he said that a plate had cracked earlier near the gelato and it was a piece of the plate. He said they got rid of all of the gelato and gave us our meals for free. He gave me his card and said if I had any further issue with my teeth to call and they'd take care of it. Luckily I was fine.

I think based on the number of times we have been to Disney and all of the rides we have ridden, that we are quite lucky we have been safe and mostly injury free.

About 5-6 years ago, my son had some debris fall into his eye while we were watching the Wishes fireworks in MK near the carousel. We took him to first aid and it came out soon after through his eyes watering. Funny thing is that he wears glasses, so that should have given him a bit of protection.

Another time, with the same son, we were riding on the Winnie the Pooh ride and the timing must have been off on the doors that separate the various rooms. The vehicle slammed into the unopened door and jostled us around a bit. No real injury just a little unsettling for my son.

My son may be the only person to ever injure himself at the Beauty & the Beast live show. He was 4 at the time and for some reason, toward the end of the show, he suddenly launched himself forward from his seat and face planted into the back of the seat in front of him. His mouth started bleeding, and he immediately began wailing through the final song as I tried to discretely usher him out of there. I swear I saw Belle give us a curious look.

Don't take offense to this comment, but I don't know why any woman would be upset by a **** hanging out? It's just a normal part of a female anatomy, nothing to be ashamed about.

Haha. I can appreciate that now at 51, but at 18 and a male coworker I was so embarrassed!:thumbsup2

About 5-6 years ago, my son had some debris fall into his eye while we were watching the Wishes fireworks in MK near the carousel. We took him to first aid and it came out soon after through his eyes watering. Funny thing is that he wears glasses, so that should have given him a bit of protection.

I wear glasses too and it happens sometime like when I've been on train pulled by a steam, train sometimes some soot can get behind the lenses, there not like a pair of safety glasses or goggles so they don't have a perfect seal all around them.

The most annoying thing i find with them in a disney park is when they get wet on something like splash or in the water parks they get sticky because of what they use to treat the water.It seems odd to hvae to clen then after they get wet but stick streaks can be annoying when you need to see through them.

At the end of the drop, the boat hit the side wall and we were jostled side to side WAY more than we had ever been before.
Never heared that problem of rough ride before, but it's an interesting remark, because it actually means that the immerged side-wheels were defective !

Injured... No I don't believe so! However I had a gold earing snap in half on rock n roller coaster the first time I rode it!

Injured... No I don't believe so! However I had a gold earing snap in half on rock n roller coaster the first time I rode it!
Funny you say that... On my last trip, I lost an earring somehow on Kilimanjaro Safaris! When we rode it again the next day, my friend spent the entire ride looking at the ground for a "sparkly poop pile," to use his phrasing. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Not technically an injury... The one and only time I ever rode Primeval Whirl, I came off of it feeling like I'd just been hit by a mac truck. :sick: I was more banged up than any Disney ride had ever done me.

Oh, and the very first time I rode Mission:Space, shortly after it opened, when there was only one line to get in (the line we all now know as Team Orange)... There's me, stumbling out afterwards, spotting the first bench I see, and laying there for a good half-hour or more before I felt like I could stand and continue without losing my dinner. :crazy2:

Years ago DW was stepping out of her vehicle at Tomorrow Land Speedway when a child in the car behind her decided it would be cool to bump into her vehicle.

This resulted in a pretty nasty fall to one knee on the pavement which was very swollen and painful. She had some trouble with that knee for quite a while, but it's ancient history now.

We went to first aid and I think they gave her an aspirin, maybe a bandage. This was more than 30 years ago and even then they were very careful to not assume any responsibility (which is understandable).

I got hit in the head by a big jerky guy in line for POC. He spun around quickly to show his kid something and whacked me pretty good. So much for the two fingered point.

This thread is old, but still relevant! I didn't get this injury at Disney, but at a six flags water park. I was on a family-style tube ride and as we reached the final drop, I braced myself to get soaked and somehow my friend's FOOT ended up cutting into my finger at the splash! Still not exactly sure how this happened, but I had a bleeding gash on my finger from his toenail and I still have a scar there 8 months later!

After our picture with the Little Mermaid in her Grotto, I was holding DD who was 5 at the time and i fell stepping off the platform Ariel is on onto the floor. I will never forget hearing Ariel gasp and say "oh, are you okay pretty princess?" I was mortified!! Tried to walk it off since it was our last day. Got back to NY and found out I broke my foot and tore two ligaments in my ankle! I like to tell people the Little Mermaid pushed me...

....no, but I was injured before I even set foot off Main Street, near the train station!

enhance

As we were making our way around this center garden/Halloween vignette, I briefly stopped to let people walk by so that I could take a photo. There was a woman with a stroller right on my tail, who nearly ran me over and ripped the skin off the back of my right foot. She hit me so hard that it actually knocked my shoe off! Needless to say, I hobbled over to the area to the left of the Crystal Palace to the first-aid station. Torn skin gone, the back of my foot was bleeding profusely, but the awesome nurse on duty was so gracious - and there IS a happy ending - she saved the foot! :rotfl:

[BTW, that nasty woman didn't even apologize - she gave me a dirty look and kept on walking...]

Last edited:
I accidentally hurt my oldest son on Primeval Whirl! I was trying to pull the lap bar down on us and it wouldn't lock, so I pulled it REALLY hard a couple of times to try and snap it in. He started yelling and I realized the reason it wouldn't lock is because he had his arm resting on the place where it locks in! I gave him a pretty nasty bruise! That was in 2010 when he was 9 and we still laugh about how mom almost broke his arm while trying to keep him safe. We are going back in January and I told him I'm not going to sit with him on that ride again! Ha!

Last week at DLR I was riding Goofy's Sky School for the first time, and one of the turns made my wack my elbow pretty hard against the car. It was sore for a couple of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter