Have you ever been INJURED on a ride?

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Hi all! DH and I were talking about this the other day. Have you ever been injured on a ride? He got scraped up pretty good on PotC a couple years back. He was wearing a tshirt and shorts, and we were in the back row. At the end of the drop, the boat hit the side wall and we were jostled side to side WAY more than we had ever been before. DH's shirt had come up in the back a little bit from sitting, and the fairly violent jostling caused his back to get scratched by the back of the seat. The following day he had a large bruise across his lower back and spine, and marks that looked like he had been rubbed with sandpaper. It was so bad that he couldn't wear the back pack around the park for the rest of the trip. Now, we have been conditioned to lean forward on that drop (or any boat drop... Maelstrom, Splash, Kali...) and brace ourselves for the back and forth jostling, just in case.

I haven't really been HURT... other than scratch marks on the back of my legs from Captain EO (the kind of whipping thing), and a small bruise on my back from the ITTBAB stinger thing. Just wondering about any of you?

Never been injured but it is always a chance when you are on any kind of thrill ride. Disney does a good job providing the advisories on the maps and the rides though.

I fell down the stairs at Liberty Tree Tavern. Injured my ankle quite badly. It swelled to at least twice the normal size. Even to this day it can bother me if I turn wrong. Interesting thing was it was a spectacular fall and not one cast member asked if I needed assistance.

I fell down the stairs at Liberty Tree Tavern. Injured my ankle quite badly. It swelled to at least twice the normal size. Even to this day it can bother me if I turn wrong. Interesting thing was it was a spectacular fall and not one cast member asked if I needed assistance.

:eek:

This past April, I fell getting out of the Expedition Everest. I always take my glasses off and put them in my bag. I wasn't able to judge the depth and took a graceful spill. I was fine except for a few scrapes on my knee. ... And the bruises of public humiliation!!

Years ago, I nearly suffered heat exhaustion waiting in line for ToT in DHS... Florida sun in July! :sunny: Does this count?? :confused3

rg96jo155gzycrqr.png

Not on a ride, but a couple of years ago my older DD was hit in the head by a piece of fireworks casing near the Tomorrowland Speedway. The casing was bigger than my hand and made a small cut on her forehead. We took it over to Town Hall and the CM told us it sometimes happens when the wind is blowing the wrong way. He just said he was sorry and that was it even though he could see she had blood on her forehead.

Last year the edge of the seat belt on Test Track was digging into my shoulder. I couldn't get the safety check CM's attention so I ended up spending the ride with one hand against the dashboard to hold steady and my other trying to keep the strap from cutting into me. It hurt the next morning when I got up, too, but no real lasting damage.

Yes! It happened five weeks ago and I'm still in pain. I was riding BTMRR with my son and we had our hands up in the air. We came flying around a corner and my rib knocked into the side of the train. I think we were sitting in a handicap accessible train because it had a big white block inside that the other seats didn't have.

Not sure if I broke or bruised a rib but it really, really hurt. It's gotten a lot better but I still feel pain every day! The first two weeks were brutal.

Good thing it happened on the last day of vacation.

SDSorority said:
Hi all! DH and I were talking about this the other day. Have you ever been injured on a ride?
Not on a ride, but in that game at Epcot where you learn about health and hydration and exercise and whatnot my daughter was stepped on/ run over by another guest. It tore a bunch of skin off of her foot and there was a lot of blood. They got her a wheelchair and sent us to first aid where the nurse made a fuss over her and told us to keep the wheelchair for the rest of the day. Every CM we encountered after that also made a fuss and teased her about not popping wheelies in thechair. Whatcould have been a very unpleasent experience is now one of her favorite disney stories.

Last year, at DL, my son (3) was so excited to go on the Mater ride, so when he saw the entrance he ran to get into it. ( I DO warn them not to run!!) The problem was, he went the wrong way and was horse collared by a chain going across the other side of the line. You couldn't see it, it blended in with the chains along the other lines.

It was scary- he ran right into it, right across his throat-then he fell backward and knocked his head on the ground.

I ran over and picked him up. The CM was right there asking if he could help, did we need first aid, etc....Luckily he was ok, but crying pretty hard:(

I thanked him and carried my son to get in line, hoping he would calm down.

The CM placed a caution flag over the chain that my son ran into (now you could see it), then came and got us, asked us again if we needed anything and put us right on the next ride:)

My son was so happy and I was so thankful he was ok:)

My first time on Space Mountain. It was my first time on a dark roller coaster. I twisted my neck and was painful for a week or two.

Every time i ride Dinosaur i hurt my hip -- i hate the ride personally, but the kids love it -- to me its just a dark loud physically abusive 2.5 minutes.

The first time I went to Blizzard Beach I think I was 10 maybe...I was walking and someone threw an inner tube and it knocked me over and I whacked my neck on a metal railing...was not fun being taken out of Blizzard Beach on a stretcher...also had a cut on my head that wouldnt stop bleeding...hence the trip to the er

DH wrenched his neck on RnRC. It hurt for quite awhile. He won't ride RnRC anymore.

I share your DH's pain of Pirates of the Caribbean. I love the ride but everytime we want on it our last trip, my knees banged into something. I remember a particularly violent drop and I had a bruise for a good while. However, that won't stop me from going on it!

I do remember Astro Orbiter being particularly uncomfortable and unpleasant to ride, and while in the Graveyard queue for Haunted Mansion I tripped. Does that count?

Well, not a ride but...

I witnessed this lady and her family running up to catch the bus for the park at POFQ. First, they hadn't realized that the bus only just got there and there was someone in a wheelchair that was getting on or off. So, this poor lady running up to catch the bus, trips over the w/c ramp extending from the bus. Of course she falls, scraps herself all up. Her family drags her off back to the hotel since now she is too messed up to get on the bus, meanwhile the bus driver and the the hotel person with a clip board are shaking their heads and saying how these people shouldn't be running and should be patient, etc. No sympathy for the poor lady who just face planted it in front of us all and is all banged up. Yeah, she was acting kind of ridiculous but still....it's called compassion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter