Have you ever been INJURED on a ride?

I slipped in the Morocco Pavilion while it was pouring out last year, almost fell on my butt. Caught myself on the fountain, it hurt my ankle & hip. Went to the first aid center to take some Ibuprofen & to lay down. :(

My children and I were on Pirates of the Caribbean when it broke down. The boats started going backwards and then came to a stop just prior to the auction scene. A cast member who probably weighed under a hundred lb waded into the water and tried to hold the boat steady while we were asked to step onto the platform just before the audio animatronics for the auction scene. It goes without saying that this very petite cast member was unable to hold the boat still as gas started to stand up and try to exit the boats. I lifted my daughter's up onto the platform and I was last exit the boat. I'm six foot three and 200 lb Plus so needless to say the boat started to sway a bit. As I got one foot on the platform and one one foot still in the boat I started to lose my balance and in the process twisted my knee. I fell forward and was able to crawl up on the platform. All of us cast members were very nice they offered to get me a wheelchair if needed and provided my family with fast passes. There was no lasting injury so I didn't pursue any action with Disney. I did speak to a manager to voice my concern with their evacuation process specifically when it came to water rides. I can imagine there weren't a lot of cast members volunteering to jump in the cold water but I have to imagine having a cast member that was larger or possibly more than one cast member holding the boat steady would have been an improvement.

Only time i ever got injured was during the honey i shrunk the audience show and if i knew what happned in the show I would not have. My legs barely reached the ground so i had them kinda under the seat and bent seat slammed down at one point and wrenched my legs. I had no reason to expect the seats themselves moved during it since usually they have warnings about stationary seats if that happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter