• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Mass Produced Candy

Dum Dums..we don't have them up here but last year one of our stores carried them for Hallowe'en. I bought like 5 bags and didn't hand them out lol

Rockets (you weirdos call them smarties). Again, they're a Halloween candy and I always buy a 5 lb bag to munch on for months on end.

See's. If 26 million pounds of candy is considered mass produced.

This! See's are our benchmark candy. Sadly we can only get it when in the US and then one box at a time... we buy candy in other travels (last year included Italy and Australia) and nothing compared.

For the candy the OP was likely referring to, Reece's are a favourite. We used to also be able to get Dime bars but sadly can't get them here any more. For a New Zealand hone grown treat I love Whitakers Peanut Slabs.

I've been to Ireland a number of times - some as a simple weekend add on to being in London for work, some long as a couple of weeks with traveling around the entire country, the Oxygen music festival, the history, - and such amazing food. I remember some killer chocolate bars. Do you live there now? Its just - perfect. Canada is nice too, and I really want to go to Montreal for non professional reasons; I've only been for work.

My husband's work currently has us located in the U.S., but we still consider ourselves Canadian and go "home" as often as we can. It was also my husband's work that took us to Ireland some time back, but I haven't been there in nearly 15 years now. I loved Ireland once I got used to the slower pace of life in most areas and the fact that vegetable soup is ALWAYS the soup of the day. It is rare that my husband gets back to Ireland anymore, but when he does, he usually tries to bring back Butlers chocolate bars from the airport...sometimes an entire box of them at a time!

Good luck in your quest!

Swedish Fish. Only the red ones. Only the larger ones, not the minis.

2675676533_5bbc0e4b75.jpg
....I'm with THIS chick....popcorn::

I'm generally not a big candy person. But I do have a couple I can't resist:

1) Russel Stovers dark chocolate covered pineapple eggs. Only available at Easter. :sad:

2) Cherry and/or orange jelly bellies.

Most anything else I can walk away from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter