Favorite Mass Produced Candy

amberpi

DIS Veteran
I recently purchased some of the small Snickers Almond candy bars on a lark, and have been really enjoying them at night with a glass of milk. It made me wonder what other candies I'm missing out as I don't eat many sweets at all (outside of gummy bears - because gummy bears forever!). So, what's ya'll's favorites?

Anything DH brings home from his business trips to Europe! If you have a section of treats from there in your grocery store, look for chocolate with nuts and fruit, such as blueberry or orange. Delicious!

Hands down a regular Snickers. That's been one of those likes that has stayed with me since childhood!!! And next on that list is peanut M&Ms. At least currently. Who knows what it'll be next month :) I used to love sweettarts, and smarties. Oh, and I LOVED bottlecaps!! Can't stand all the sugar to them now though.

Merci chocolates. They come in a flat box. The are little chocolate bars--two bites--in assorted flavours. Very good. Also love Kit Kat Chunky bars. Only get those for a treat when I travel though.

Terry's chocolate orange is my favourite! Got one as an Easter egg this last Easter :p

Also can't go wrong with giant Hariono strawbs! Although they hurt my teeth :)

Wonka Runts. Especially banana.

Other than that, Haribo Gold Bears, but they have to be made in Germany. Those are harder than the ones made in Turkey.

Hot Tamales, my son and I fight over them. Tootsie Rolls, I'm addicted and will eat an entire bag at a time so we don't keep them in the house except at Halloween. My honey pretends to buy them to hand out and I sneak into the dining room where the bowl is and pick them out. Sad really.

Swedish Fish. Only the red ones. Only the larger ones, not the minis.

2675676533_5bbc0e4b75.jpg

Zagnut, but I wasn't so obsessed with them, until I couldn't find them here. When we visit NC, the first store we stop at that has a Zagnut I buy one. I usually bring a couple home with me to tide me over, until our next visit.

I forgot about Jelly Belly. While it is somewhat "artisan", I've been on the factory tour and it's definitely mass production. Maybe not on the same scale as Hershey or Nestle, but still huge.

I've seen small scale before. Scharfen Berger used to have a factory in Berkeley. That place was small. I've also seen the TCHO factory when it was at Pier 15 in San Francisco. It was a large building, but mostly unused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter