• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Mass Produced Candy

Hershey's Air Delight Bar. I am usually a girl that does not like anyone messing with my chocolate but these are fantastic. Really sad that CVS next to work no longer carries them.

On the flip side, if anyone wants great chocolate from a small producer, there's this - in my neighborhood. They have sangria gummies...http://www.oliveandsinclair.com/

I LOVE these ideas. I need to regain some weight, so I'm just going to go down this list:) Except for banana runts - fake banana is not for me. I can send @bcla mine. I had forgotten how fun the candy aisle is at Target! It's nice to feel like a little kid going down that aisle but no one can tell you not to buy too much candy:)

I hadn't even heard of all of these, so this is going to be a fun experiment!

Mounds Bars, Reeses Cups and M&M peanuts
(my 'really' favorites)

But, because I must limit calories to maintain my weight, I limit my chocolate calories, and make do with a few of my 'next' favorites - Sour Gummy Worms! :p

My favourite treats stateside are Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt. However, if you ever get to Ireland at some point, Butler's Irish Creme chocolate bars ain't too shabby either.

(Having been raised in Canada, I figure I should be coming out with some kind of amazing Canadian confection. I'm drawing a blank right now, but there has got to be some. Every time I think of Canadian treats, I get stuck on Hickory Sticks and can't move past them. They are my absolute favourite salty snack!)

Skor Bars, Milky Way, and Mike and Ike's. I have cut way back on the amount of candy I have been eating. My weight has thanked me.

My favourite treats stateside are Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt. However, if you ever get to Ireland at some point, Butler's Irish Creme chocolate bars ain't too shabby either.

(Having been raised in Canada, I figure I should be coming out with some kind of amazing Canadian confection. I'm drawing a blank right now, but there has got to be some. Every time I think of Canadian treats, I get stuck on Hickory Sticks and can't move past them. They are my absolute favourite salty snack!)

I've been to Ireland a number of times - some as a simple weekend add on to being in London for work, some long as a couple of weeks with traveling around the entire country, the Oxygen music festival, the history, - and such amazing food. I remember some killer chocolate bars. Do you live there now? Its just - perfect. Canada is nice too, and I really want to go to Montreal for non professional reasons; I've only been for work.

Gummy Jolly Ranchers with the liquid centers are my current favorite, though I am trying to cut back on the candy.

Ok....I am pretty old school with candy.....my favorite chocolate candies are Milk Duds (with my popcorn at the movies oh my!) or plain/peanut M&M's. Love them. For non chocolate candies I love me some Good N' Plenty.

My family hates these but I really like them.....Choward's Violet Mints. They taste just how they smell....like lavender. I had these as a kid and just still love them. Violets are really a love them or hate them kind of candy. I never met anyone with a mild opinion....most are very zealous about them one way or the other LOL!

https://www.oldtimecandy.com/chowar...4fvzjUfpTRdFLYcGTDDR8smz3YEcu-6_30aAkTw8P8HAQ

MJ

Jelly beans! Any kind of jelly beans, but my favourites are Jelly Belly beans.

Bertie Botts are a close second, though. Aside from the occasional earwax flavoured one, that is...

P-Harry-Potter-Bertie-Botts-Every-Flavour-Beans-1239790.JPG

See's. If 26 million pounds of candy is considered mass produced.

I've driven by their factory in South San Francisco. It's pretty big. I hear that their Los Angeles factory is even bigger. They don't make their own chocolate though. Their biggest chocolate supplier is Guittard, which is nearby in Burlingame. I've seen some places selling bulk Guittard chocolate.

Still - I believe the OP was thinking of candy that you might find at a supermarket or maybe Target. See's is kind of a specialty candy and not necessarily available throughout the US.

I've driven by their factory in South San Francisco. It's pretty big. I hear that their Los Angeles factory is even bigger. They don't make their own chocolate though. Their biggest chocolate supplier is Guittard, which is nearby in Burlingame. I've seen some places selling bulk Guittard chocolate.

Still - I believe the OP was thinking of candy that you might find at a supermarket or maybe Target. See's is kind of a specialty candy and not necessarily available throughout the US.

I've seen it locally - not sure WHERE, but its something I'm going to be on the lookout for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter