Fast pass not honored for flight of passage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this one is on the user. I mean, it is clearly on the time of the FP, not like they hide it or anything.
And yes, all FP issued at the end of the time end up being less than 1 hour long. I mean, they could stop distribution 1 hour before close, so the final FP of the day is always 1 hour long but instead, they increase the numbers offered and shorten the window to fit in park hours. I guess the 2nd option is the better one. Fewer FP is never good, when you are looking for hard to get FP at least.
And there is a possible side benefit to those last hour FP, if the ride goes down for any reason, your FP turns in to an anytime FP for any ride at all 4 parks, short of the usual exclusions. I've benefited from that quite a few times.
Lol....but again think of the average guest...when every other fastpass they had for the trip was an hour, of course they're going to assume that one was for an hour too. It's not hard to realize that it certainly wouldn't be hard to oversee a situation like that.

Lol....but again think of the average guest...when every other fastpass they had for the trip was an hour, of course they're going to assume that one was for an hour too. It's not hard to realize that it certainly wouldn't be hard to oversee a situation like that.
I feel like that could be a possible reason but the user is the one who makes the FP themselves for a specific time.

What is Disney supposed to do if you choose your own FP time but unfortunately choose not to pay attention to the time you selected? Honestly sometimes we just up and don't pay attention to stuff and that's a general statement. Is it the end of the world with regards to this FP? No but it still user error in this case AND the OP was able to actually go through the FP line despite really not being eligible.

Yeah my thinking is that perhaps the OP's family didn't really understand the ins and outs of FP and got confused about something. At FoP (and 7DMT for that matter) they really don't allow you to enter if the reader turns blue. I've seen more than one occasion where people are arguing with the CM and it causes a backup of people waiting to scan. It's especially bad at FoP because people have to get a rider swap pass and they have to hand out those cards, and so on. People will often feign ignorance when they do know better hoping to get by. It really doesn't help when people truly are confused. I think they definitely need to have enough people around to intervene without causing a bottleneck and often they do not.
Without having read all the posts, and without knowing more information from the OP, I will say that I have waited outside plenty of rides due to rider swap (and we spent approx 40 days in the parks last year). ESPECIALLY at FOP, it is super common for guests to erroneously think they have a FP+ for the ride. I’ve seen a LOT of guests get quite upset, INSISTING they had a FP+, only for the CMs to check the guest’s FP+ and find that they have completely different rides booked (not including any time FP+/replacements). Many people aren’t familiar with the parks, ride names, FP+ procedures, etc, and it’s easy for them to get confused.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I think a lot of it comes from honest mistakes due to guests’ infamiliarity with WDW. I’ve heard people (even those who have been to WDW multiple times) say some ridiculous stuff about the parks/rides/resorts, and it’s really just that they don’t know all the ins and outs like members of these boards do.

Saying something like there was no FP+ line indicates guest confusion to me. Ideally, CMs would be able to properly explain things to alleviate any confusion, but CMs get busy with packed ride entrances, other guests,...

Last edited:
I'm glad that you posted this as I was starting to get confused! We also got 3 anytime multiple experience FPs for the same reason and the CM that I spoke with said that they were for any park, any time, for any ride! I was beginning to think that I had mistook what she said! However I can't see anywhere where it shows the available rides!

As someone else said, you should just be able to click on it in MDE and you will see all the available rides below it.

Without having read all the posts, and without knowing more information from the OP, I will say that I have waited outside plenty of rides due to rider swap (and we spent approx 40 days in the parks last year). ESPECIALLY at FOP, it is super common for guests to erroneously think they have a FP+ for the ride. I’ve seen a LOT of guests get quite upset, INSISTING they had a FP+, only for the CMs to check the guest’s FP+ and find that they have completely different rides booked (not including any time FP+/replacements). Many people aren’t familiar with the parks, ride names, FP+ procedures, etc, and it’s easy for them to get confused.

Yeah I don't doubt some folks are confused about certain things although I will say it's all fairly easy to figure out. I got the queues for FoP and the Naaru river ride mixed up once when the Pandora area opened and felt like a dum-dum when they said "Sorry you want Flight of Passage over there" and left that FP line in shame. I do think some people genuinely get mixed up but I think others just want to pull a fast one. It's not worth it to me personally to be mean to a CM to get on a ride, nor am I saying OP's family did this. I just have noticed it at a few headliners and it's very obvious what they're trying to do.

Yeah I don't doubt some folks are confused about certain things although I will say it's all fairly easy to figure out. I got the queues for FoP and the Naaru river ride mixed up once when the Pandora area opened and felt like a dum-dum when they said "Sorry you want Flight of Passage over there" and left that FP line in shame. I do think some people genuinely get mixed up but I think others just want to pull a fast one. It's not worth it to me personally to be mean to a CM to get on a ride, nor am I saying OP's family did this. I just have noticed it at a few headliners and it's very obvious what they're trying to do.
I do agree that some people try to cheat their way onto rides. But I do think the majority are just confused guests. I also think FP+ and other aspects of wdw are super easy to figure out, but obviously others don’t (otherwise a majority of the posts on these boards wouldn’t exist).

For example, I’ve witnessed countless people get in line for the “avatar ride” or “pandora ride” with seemingly zero idea what the actual ride names are, what the rides entail, and/or which they actually have a FP+ for.

I do agree that some people try to cheat their way onto rides. But I do think the majority are just confused guests. I also think FP+ and other aspects of wdw are super easy to figure out, but obviously others don’t (otherwise a majority of the posts on these boards wouldn’t exist).

For example, I’ve witnessed countless people get in line for the “avatar ride” or “pandora ride” with seemingly zero idea what the actual ride names are, what the rides entail, and/or which they actually have a FP+ for.

I mean specifically FP, I think at the base level it is easy. Because everything is managed digitally through the app, which has been super flaky for a while, people just have to be sure to check that often or go to guest services. Too bad things like this have to happen to know to do that. I fear I might be veering this too far off course and topic so I'll leave it there.

I would too, IF the family in the OP is accurate in exactly how it went down.
But did anyone say it was OK to get wrong info from the CM? Or did they just say it's not surprising?

I personally do not think that any CM working told these people their booked FoP FP was not going to be honored, either during it's hour or even later if for some reason the ride was down during their FP time. The first part that makes no sense is the family said there was "no FP line". We all know that's impossible unless the family was there at EMH. So something is missing from the story, something quite important. Exactly what time was their FP for and exactly what time the family was trying to use it

I've been there when it was at it's worse, most crowded and never seen them ever shut down the standby line, they just let it grow and grow till whatever length. Except for close to park closing time. There were times they shut down stand by really late in the day so they could clear it by a reasonable time following closing. They wouldn't let there be a 5 hour line at closing. But they sure let them grow that big in the middle of the day.

Perhaps there was no FP line that they could see or determine was the FP line.

Their question to the CM should have been simple. If they didn’t see the line for FP, what on earth else could they have asked? The CM told them they could use the FP for any other ride in the park. So obviously it wasn’t just an off the cuff remark from the CM. He/she had to know what kind of FP the family had, correct?

Now, perhaps the CM thought that was the only FP they had and knew they couldn’t use it for that attraction and that was why he/she said they would have to do stand by.

But it wasn’t so many years ago that a helpful CM would have asked if they had another or if they had a FP for that attraction specifically and took the time to explain what may have happened. But, alas, those days are gone.

Perhaps because you are here (like the rest of us) discussing it all day in and day out?
Not every visitor to WDW comes here.
I joined here after going to the parks and using FP+ for the first time. I didn't find it confusing then either.

You book a FP, you show up during the time your screen says, and you get in line. I don't understand what's confusing.

I joined here after going to the parks and using FP+ for the first time. I didn't find it confusing then either.

You book a FP, you show up during the time your screen says, and you get in line. I don't understand what's confusing.

Except it didn’t work for the family in the op so apparently something was off?

I book FP and use them. Haven’t had an issue. But if it’s soemthing that you can’t even get the right info from someone who works there, perhaps there is a problem?

Again having heard some really "interesting stories" from friends and co-workers I still think there is something important missing/lost in the translation from the family to the OP to us.

At first glance for me what stood out was, that the family had (or thought they had?) a FOP FP - then when they tried to use it they were told:
"there was no FP line" not that the "FP line was closed" or "the CM would not honor the FP"
Then add to that the CM said they could use the FP on anything else in the park - we know that this isn't the case with a pre-booked FOP FP.

Additional information provided said they pre-booked a FOP fast pass at 90 days, also doesn't make sense unless they used the club level trial program and if so I would think they would call signature services?

Unfortunately there was a lot of miscommunication here but we don't know by whom and probably never will.

And to the OP - don't worry :) Double check your plans and make sure you use the correct FP+ in the correct time window and you will be fine!!

Except it didn’t work for the family in the op so apparently something was off?
We really don't know that FP didn't actually work for the familly though. Something could have been off but have zero to do with the concept of the FP+ system.

We just know something happened but we're not sure what exactly happened. There's information missing, telephone game occurred or something else unfortunately.

My brother his wife and two children just returned from a week at Disney staying at Animal Kingdom.
This past weekend they attempted to use their Fast Pass for the time reserved for FOP.
There was no fast pass line and the regular line was past the lion king show.
When the asked a CM, they responded that Animal kingdom attendance is almost to capacity and the only way you will ride is to wait like others in the standby line
The CM also said you can use that fast pass on any other ride in the park.....
When they got to the overhang that showed how long the wait would be it was still 130 min. They were already in line about 60 min.
They did not wait the 3 hours + to ride, and used their fast pass on Expedition Everest.

Now we are going over Halloween and hope this does not occur.

Has anyone else heard of this.

Thanks
I think a lot of people are reading things into this post that are not there. This is what I know. The OP stated there was no fast pass line. That could mean many things like it was closed or unavailable for some reason. It doesn't automatically mean her brother was confused/exaggerating. My clue is they spoke to a CM who told them they HAD to wait on the regular line. Why would they have to wait on the stand by line if the fast pass line was open when they had a FP for FOP? What we don't know is the exact details of the conversation with the CM. We know they spoke about the FP we just don't know what else was said only they could use it on another ride. We don't know why the CM told them that either. The OP THEN says they waited 60 mins in line until they got to the wait time board and decided they didn't want to wait anymore. They never said they were already in the line when they spoke to the CM or got in the line after. My fault is with the CM. It is the CM's job to explain why the family can't use their FP's and if they could use them where the FP line is if it is available.

The question I have for all of you is. Why couldn't there have been no FP line for some reason other than EMH? I really think that is what the OP is asking here. She didn't say the line disappeared, their FP's didn't work at the kiosk or they couldn't find the line just that there was no FP line.

I doubt we will get anymore information. If I was the OP I wouldn't come back to this thread after some of the posts on here. I would be afraid to come back since so many have said things like they couldn't possibly believe what the OP was saying or the OP's brother and family must have been confused somehow or misunderstood what the CM said. What gets me is very few posters have said that the CM did something wrong. I know we don't know exactly what the CM said but we also don't know what the brother said. IMO it is equally likely that they got bad information from the CM and maybe it was the CM that told them there was no FP line. We will probably never know.

And functionally, once you have a FP booked it's no different from the old system. The problem is when people over complicate the system and then make others think it's difficult when all it needs is just clear, simple instructions.

I straight up wouldn't go to Disney if no FPs existed TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter