Fast pass not honored for flight of passage

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should really think about putting in machines to dispense little paper tickets for fastpasses. Just a thought...
I realize the joke here but honestly, they were not easier. Different yes, had some pros, yes. But sometimes the machines were nowhere near the attraction and you had to run to some of them to get the FP before they were gone for the day and had no idea what time you'd be returning. So they weren't all that and a bowl of soup. Returning to them wouldn't fix all the ills of FP+

I wish Disney didn't have a system that was so confusing for the non-Disney nerd crowd. But if they really had a FOP fastpass and got into the standby line and waited for 60 minutes before they got to the "overhang" it is very very likely that the original FP they had booked for FOP had already expired. It is really unfortunate that the system has to be soo confusing.

Honestly I don't think it's that confusing. Pick a ride, schedule a window, go to the attraction, look for the sign, enter the correct line during the window. If your FP was cancelled for some reason, read the information given.

Not the answer. I think they should do away with FP all together or leave it the way it is.
That is a tough one. I grew up in theme parks without any FP type of systems. Lines were LONG. No hope of ever finding a short line, except for water rides on rainy or cool days. I'm not sure it was better. Just more even since everyone faced the same thing

I had a situation which may relate here. We had a 10:30 FP+ for SDMT. Regular park hours were until 11, then EMH until 1. Went to the ride at 11:10 and were told we couldn't use the FP because it ended at 11. I had never heard of a half hour fastpass so didn't even consider that we had to use it before 11. It wasn't crazy crowded so they let us in, but I was pretty annoyed. But technically, my fault for not realizing it had expired?? Maybe that happened here, the FP line could have been closed because it was EMH time.

I had a situation which may relate here. We had a 10:30 FP+ for SDMT. Regular park hours were until 11, then EMH until 1. Went to the ride at 11:10 and were told we couldn't use the FP because it ended at 11. I had never heard of a half hour fastpass so didn't even consider that we had to use it before 11. It wasn't crazy crowded so they let us in, but I was pretty annoyed. But technically, my fault for not realizing it had expired?? Maybe that happened here, the FP line could have been closed because it was EMH time.
If the parked closed at 11pm I believe your FP would have been for 10:30pm-11:00pm.

Do you remember when you made the FP what time it was good for?

To answer your question yes FPs can be for less than an hour and that's generally speaking due to park hours.

Yes, this one is on the user. I mean, it is clearly on the time of the FP, not like they hide it or anything.
And yes, all FP issued at the end of the time end up being less than 1 hour long. I mean, they could stop distribution 1 hour before close, so the final FP of the day is always 1 hour long but instead, they increase the numbers offered and shorten the window to fit in park hours. I guess the 2nd option is the better one. Fewer FP is never good, when you are looking for hard to get FP at least.
And there is a possible side benefit to those last hour FP, if the ride goes down for any reason, your FP turns in to an anytime FP for any ride at all 4 parks, short of the usual exclusions. I've benefited from that quite a few times.

I realize the joke here but honestly, they were not easier. Different yes, had some pros, yes. But sometimes the machines were nowhere near the attraction and you had to run to some of them to get the FP before they were gone for the day and had no idea what time you'd be returning. So they weren't all that and a bowl of soup. Returning to them wouldn't fix all the ills of FP+

They should really think about putting in machines near the attraction to dispense little paper tickets for fastpasses and display return time. Just a thought... FIXED IT! LOL!

So, I have 3 “anytime” multiple experience fp’s (in addition to the ones I booked myself) For this Sunday because the EMM we booked was canceled. The CM gave me 3 extras for two days! It shows the available rides underneath it and SDMT and all the others are on there. Assuming I’m good to go with SDMT, PP, etc.

I'm glad that you posted this as I was starting to get confused! We also got 3 anytime multiple experience FPs for the same reason and the CM that I spoke with said that they were for any park, any time, for any ride! I was beginning to think that I had mistook what she said! However I can't see anywhere where it shows the available rides!

Definitely annoying if it's your first time running into this, but Disney is very consistent about how this works. FP+ lines end at "Park Close" for all after-hours events, be they EMH, MNSSHP, MVMCP, DAH, etc.. Just understand that basic rule and you'll be fine going forward.

Example: I'm attending a Halloween Party later this month. "Park Close" is at 6pm, so my BTMRR FP+ is for 5:20pm-6:00pm. They'll physically close off the FP+ line at 6pm. If I try to go after 6, it'll be in the transition time for the 7pm-12am Halloween Party, so there's no way for them to honor it.

I'm glad that you posted this as I was starting to get confused! We also got 3 anytime multiple experience FPs for the same reason and the CM that I spoke with said that they were for any park, any time, for any ride! I was beginning to think that I had mistook what she said! However I can't see anywhere where it shows the available rides!
You should be able to click on the FP on your MDE account and it will give you a list of all the rides it works for.

Found an image on what to look for (this is for a FP that converted from regular to Anytime but the screen on the left is the same be it a converted FP or a GR FP)
Click on the part that says "See Redemption Details"
Instead of a FP for just Future World, it will say just "Multiple Experiences"
Closed-Attraction.jpg

Last edited:
Be sure to use your FPs for specific attractions during the one hour window. If you try to use the grace period before or after and have anytime multi-experience FPs, the system will pull one of those instead of the attraction FP.

When we checked into Pop, the other 3 parties got their rooms, we had to wait until 8pm (arrived at 12pm). Anyways, our party of 10 each received 2 anytime FP+ for our day at Epcot (the next day). They said we could use them for anything EXCEPT Frozen (which we had one for anyways). So, from our experience, they could exclude some rides.

I'm curious if we'll ever get a clearer story from OP. Clearly, there's detail missing as well as clearly some misunderstanding of something on their part. He lost me when he said there was no FP line. Too many possibilities to speculate but there are some obvious ones that are likely what happened that they misunderstood.

Every time I have had a FP+ change to a multiple experience FP due to the ride being down ... it has always said that it is still good for the original FP+ if I want to wait for it to come back up. It only excludes some of the top rides if my original FP+ was not one of those rides.

And last couple trips I had rides go down closer to closing time and my replacement FP+ was actually good until close the next day.
I'm not sure why you picked my answer to quote. Several posters prior to me mentioned multiple experience FP's as the reason for not getting on the ride. I was going on what the OP stated. I have no reason to believe they are lying. I may have questions because the post is vague but I went with the information I was given. The OP stated they had FP's for FOP so based on what I had read previously I had no way of knowing why the FP's would have changed to multiple experience ones. I was responding to that information. The ride was not down when the OP's brother was trying to get on and they were in their window. So I didn't know why they would have changed their FOP FP to a multiple experience FP before their FP window and therefore I would have been angry if it happened to me. Even if what you say is true and it was a multiple experience FP from FOP they still should have been able to ride. So I still don't understand your response to my post.

Why would you be angry if your FP changed due to a ride being down? Just what do you think is a better option than a notice via MDE and an email? Not replacing the FP would be a lot worse
I wouldn't be angry. That was not the situation here. Nowhere does the OP state the ride was down and they were using a multiple experience FP for FOP. They state they were in their FP window and were told the FP line was closed. Wouldn't you be angry if you show up at a ride during your FP time and were told you couldn't use your FP's because it was converted to a multiple experience FP and you had an original FP for that time for the ride you were going on?

There may be more to this story than what the OP stated or there may not be. Until the OP comes back with more information I was just responding to the information I was given. I don't automatically assume someone is lying when they post concerns.

There may be more to this story than what the OP stated or there may not be. Until the OP comes back with more information I was just responding to the information I was given. I don't automatically assume someone is lying when they post concerns.
No, there HAS to be more to the story. So I don't assume they are lying. I do assume they are not getting the full story or giving the full story. As presented by the OP, it makes no sense. First of all, the OP said their family told them there was NO FP line when they went to use the FP during the reserved time. There is always a FP line, unless it's EMH, and the OP doesn't state it was. If they went during a reserved time, it couldn't have been EMH. So it if was, there is something left out right there. That does not mean they are lying. Far from it.

Nowhere does the OP state the ride was down and they were using a multiple experience FP for FOP. They state they were in their FP window and were told the FP line was closed.
OP doesn't state that it was JUST that they were told the line was close, but there was NO FP line. Then they asked about it
My brother his wife and two children just returned from a week at Disney staying at Animal Kingdom.
This past weekend they attempted to use their Fast Pass for the time reserved for FOP.
There was no fast pass line and the regular line was past the lion king show.
When the asked a CM, they responded that Animal kingdom attendance is almost to capacity and the only way you will ride is to wait like others in the standby line.
The CM also said you can use that fast pass on any other ride in the park.....
When they got to the overhang that showed how long the wait would be it was still 130 min. They were already in line about 60 min.
They did not wait the 3 hours + to ride, and used their fast pass on Expedition Everest.

And if they can use the FP on another ride is has to be an Anytime/Multiuse FP. How they got it, I have no idea but that's the only way to use it on another ride.

Last edited:
Sorry this happened to your family. I don't know what happened and I wouldn't even speculate. If it were me I would have asked for the manager and told them I had a FP for this ride at this time and why can't I go on it. If that didn't work I would have gone to guest services and lodged a complaint. Especially if I had gotten the FP as part of the paid CL program. Then I would be requesting a refund. If it was because my FP's changed to multiple experience FP's for some reason I would be very angry also. I wouldn't know they changed because I don't check email or constantly check MDE while I am in the park.

I hope your brother complained to guest services either at the park or after he came home. This just doesn't sound right to me.

Every time I have had a FP+ change to a multiple experience FP due to the ride being down ... it has always said that it is still good for the original FP+ if I want to wait for it to come back up. It only excludes some of the top rides if my original FP+ was not one of those rides.

And last couple trips I had rides go down closer to closing time and my replacement FP+ was actually good until close the next day.

I'm not sure why you picked my answer to quote. Several posters prior to me mentioned multiple experience FP's as the reason for not getting on the ride. I was going on what the OP stated. I have no reason to believe they are lying. I may have questions because the post is vague but I went with the information I was given. The OP stated they had FP's for FOP so based on what I had read previously I had no way of knowing why the FP's would have changed to multiple experience ones. I was responding to that information. The ride was not down when the OP's brother was trying to get on and they were in their window. So I didn't know why they would have changed their FOP FP to a multiple experience FP before their FP window and therefore I would have been angry if it happened to me. Even if what you say is true and it was a multiple experience FP from FOP they still should have been able to ride. So I still don't understand your response to my post.

Nothing personal :confused3

I bolded the part I quoted, and responded with general information for all readers who may be on this thread trying to understand the FP+ process. It seems from some responses that the changing to a multiple experience FP+ is not clear. I used your quote of talking about changing .... that when it changes, there would be an explanation why - including using it on the attraction you booked to begin with, on both your MDE and via email, and you can ask a CM to scan to tell you.

We are all trying to help them figure out what might have happened, using the small bits of info ... which included "... you can use that fast pass on any other ride in the park....." which is clear nod to multiple experience FP+. We have no idea if the ride was down, we have no idea what kind of FP+ they had, we have no idea what the CM said .....

If it were me I would have asked for the manager and told them I had a FP for this ride at this time and why can't I go on it. If that didn't work I would have gone to guest services and lodged a complaint. Especially if I had gotten the FP as part of the paid CL program. Then I would be requesting a refund. If it was because my FP's changed to multiple experience FP's for some reason I would be very angry also. I wouldn't know they changed because I don't check email or constantly check MDE while I am in the park.

I hope your brother complained to guest services either at the park or after he came home. This just doesn't sound right to me.

Why would you be angry if your FP changed due to a ride being down? Just what do you think is a better option than a notice via MDE and an email? Not replacing the FP would be a lot worse.

I wouldn't be angry. That was not the situation here. Nowhere does the OP state the ride was down and they were using a multiple experience FP for FOP. They state they were in their FP window and were told the FP line was closed. Wouldn't you be angry if you show up at a ride during your FP time and were told you couldn't use your FP's because it was converted to a multiple experience FP and you had an original FP for that time for the ride you were going on?

The OP stated they had a FP for FOP and then they were told their FP could be used on any ride in the park .... that would be a multiple experience FP+. You get those as a bonus or because your ride went down ..... and we just don't have enough clear info from the OP to know. It could be all that time they wasted in the standby line the ride did go down for the minimum needed to kick in to convert. It could have been it went down earlier dipping in to the beginning of their FP+ and they didn't know it was converted. That may explain a line to Africa during hours when FP+ is in use. I have been there multiple times the last 6 mos during regular hours and very crowded days and never seen the line to Africa. And to be PAST the LK Show building during regular hours ...... that screams we had a ride go down.

No one is saying OP or their family is lying that I saw .......... I think we are pretty much on same page that we have a communication issue whether from CM or the family or both. Just based on OPs first post, it sounds like the family wasn't sure about the process. She said there was no FP+ line so they got in SB line but they never saw the wait time until they got to the overhang ... which means they never went to the FP+ line to begin with ....

There is for sure more to this story, that has nothing to do with lying ... it has to do with missing info and likely since the family sounds confused about FP+ and what was happening ... and we'll likely never know it all.

The real point of this thread to to share info so hopefully the next family that goes will have the most info they can to have a successful trip. What is done is done, we can only move it forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter