Fast pass not honored for flight of passage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyons Family

Mouseketeer
My brother his wife and two children just returned from a week at Disney staying at Animal Kingdom.
This past weekend they attempted to use their Fast Pass for the time reserved for FOP.
There was no fast pass line and the regular line was past the lion king show.
When the asked a CM, they responded that Animal kingdom attendance is almost to capacity and the only way you will ride is to wait like others in the standby line.
The CM also said you can use that fast pass on any other ride in the park.....
When they got to the overhang that showed how long the wait would be it was still 130 min. They were already in line about 60 min.
They did not wait the 3 hours + to ride, and used their fast pass on Expedition Everest.

Now we are going over Halloween and hope this does not occur.

Has anyone else heard of this.

Thanks

Sounds like it was not a specific FOP FP, but rather a multi-experience FP, if the CM said they could use it on other attractions? If they had a specific FP for Flight of Passage, they should have been directed to the fastpass line. If it was a multi-experience FP, I think those might be limited to exclude the top rides. How did they get that FP?

My brother his wife and two children just returned from a week at Disney staying at Animal Kingdom.
This past weekend they attempted to use their Fast Pass for the time reserved for FOP.
When the asked a CM, they responded that Animal kingdom attendance is almost to capacity and the only way you will ride is to wait like others in the standby line.
When they got to the overhang that showed how long the wait would be it was still 130 min. They were already in line about 60 min.
They did not wait the 3 hours + to ride, and used their fast pass on Expedition Everest.

Thanks
If there was a Multiple Experience FP linked to their account and if they were a few minutes early or late for their regular FoP FP, they would have been turned away based on the FP system “reading” their Multiple Experience FP.

Ask them if any of their FP rides had been downed that day. If so, that set of FPs changed to Multi-Experience FPs.

Just so you know, multi-experience FP are NOT available for Tier1 at any of the parks, and may have specific exclusions even in MK (Seven Dwarves anyone?). That means you cannot use the FP on FOP unless you specifically have the time assigned for it, not a "general" or "replacement" one. It sounds weird if that was the case.

Last time I was there something similar happened to me because the attraction I had the FP for was closed, so they turned it into a Multi-Experience with exception of all Pandora Rides. I had the DVC tour and got 3 FP more, Pandora Rides once again excluded.

But I did wait the 2+ hours line...IF there is a ride worthy of waiting a long line, it is FOP. My suggestion, do not leave WDW without riding it.

Did they get an email OP? When we were there last month, we were notified by email that a few of our FPs would not be available due to issues with the ride. Ex: slinky dog was down due to weather. Of course, we never saw the notice at the time, because, really, who is checking their emails as they walk around the park??

Just wondering if they saw the notice of it being changed/ cancelled later? Keep us posted if you get any new info, please.

...There was no fast pass line and the regular line was past the lion king show....
FYI The FP line for FoP is so short, you often don't see anyone in line outside - at least all the approx. 20 times we've done it. Just wanted to mention that - i.e., unless the FP system was down (but the CM said they can use the FP elsewhere, so that wasn't the situation), there is a FP line. Just so few people in it you walk briskly right inside the building - so there's no outside line. We were there late August last 2 years, and the wait was often 2 hours standby (we always had a FP). Like PPs have said, I bet they had a 'balloon' any experience FP, which excludes FOP and River.

This is one of those cases where its so hard to figure out exactly what happened and why - just not enough information as the FP line for FOP is permanent. It does sound like they may have had a recovery FP and thought it would be valid for FOP or if they did pre book a FOP maybe they simply couldn't find the FP line and there were communication issues with the CM. Sorry this happened - but again its hard to know what actually happened with a 2nd hand report.

I once had a neighbor return and tell me there were no animals on their safari- I never did figure out that situation :)

Either way - OP don't worry, we visit WDW at least 3/4 x a year and have Never had a FP not honored.

Yes, if the CM said that, then that FP wasn't for FoP specifically, but rather an anytime FP, which as others have said wouldn't be valid for FoP.

Yes, if the CM said that, then that FP wasn't for FoP specifically, but rather an anytime FP, which as others have said wouldn't be valid for FoP.
They got the FP reserved 3 months ago for FOP specifically. It was not an anytime FP.
Just needed to clarify.

There has to be more too it. I wouldn't think it would be a normal fastpass. When we were there last year, wait times on FoP were in excess of 5hours. But they were still accepting prebooked FP+. And if they booked it 3 months ago it must be something different. FP+ can only be booked 60days out.

There has to be more too it. I wouldn't think it would be a normal fastpass. When we were there last year, wait times on FoP were in excess of 5hours. But they were still accepting prebooked FP+. And if they booked it 3 months ago it must be something different. FP+ can only be booked 60days out.

Unless they are participating in the club-level FP trial, where it can be done at 90.

I agree with PPs.

There is definitely some missing info.

If one has a valid attraction specific FP and is at the FP entrance during their one hour window (not to mention a slight grace period) they will not be denied entrance.

There has to be a misunderstanding in the information relayed from CM to guests, or guests to op or a combination of both.

OP. You will be able to ride with your FOP FP unless you miss your FP window regardless of how long the standby line is.

Why didn't they just walk up to the Fastpass entrance and attempt to scan in? It sounds like they saw the end of the long line and assumed there should be an equally long Fastpass line, and the CM they spoke with was confused about what they were asking for. There is rarely an actual FP line that extends out beyond the spot where you enter the building.

Unless they are participating in the club-level FP trial, where it can be done at 90.

Sorry meant to say standard FP+

Thanks

A FOP FP+ would not work at Expedition Everest, but multiple experience FP+ would. It sounds like they received a multiple experience FP+ at some point during the day. Did one of their other FP+ attractions go down? As others have said, it sounds like there was some miscommunication with the CM. If they had a valid FP+ for FOP and scanned it during the FP+ window (or during the grace period), they would not have been turned away. If you have a FOP FP+ for your upcoming trip and you scan it during your window at the FP+ tapstiles, you will not be turned away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!