Fast pass not honored for flight of passage

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a new DIS badge: Forensic DISer, which is when we all try to piece together what happened with clues and incomplete info. LOL.

Anyway, I agree with those that said that it sounds like there wasn't FP line because the ride had gone down. When rides go down, the FP+ lines are closed. However, guests often decide that they want to wait at the outside of the stand-by line in case it re-opens (which is why you may see a regular line). If that's the case, they would have gotten a multi-experience FP+ that they could have used at any ride in the park (since FoP is a Tier 1), which explains why the CM may have indicated the could ride Safari.

And I've seen plenty of questions about FPs for the "Pandora" ride to know that many get confused between Navi and FoP. So, it is also a possibility that they got confused and maybe by that time their 1-hour window had expired.

Also, Pandora gets so busy with guests, it is sometimes hard to see where the lines for the attractions are/begin.

Anyway, if you have a FP for FoP, you would not be turned away (edit to add: you may need to pull up in your MDE if Mickey head turns blue).

Last edited:
Yes and it works if you think about it. If they were told there was no FP line or it wasn't open or available for some reason then that CM could change that FP to a multiple experience FP and tell them they could use it on any other ride that day. That is possible isn't it? I know if you don't fit on FOP you get multiple experience FP's for your whole party for that day. So I know they have the capability and if there was an issue with the FP line for some reason I can see this happening exactly as described in the OP. What I don't understand is why I seem to be the only one that believes this is possible. I know it is NOT impossible.
No, it is not possible. Not for the CM standing there to do it

On the first couple of pages several said the CM likely gave the Op’s brother bad information. This is hardly the first time someone has said that they were told XYZ by a Disney employee and while not saying its “ok” its pushed aside as though everyone should just understand that employees give bad information.

Do you really think the op has to spell out a direct quote of what was asked? There was no line, they asked the CM. Pretty obvious what they asked or asked about.

If someone walks up to me and asks me about a line, I scan for their FP and see that it can’t be used on that attraction, it seems to me the next bit of conversation is going to be clarifying that they did or didn’t have a FP for that attraction and then saying what happened. It’s called customer service and being helpful.

I find it hilarious that someone comes here almost every day with confusion about FP and yet when anyone says it shouldn’t be this confusing they get hit with all these stories about these people everyone knows who have never been and figured it out in a nano second.

The first time I used FP+, I found it rather simple. I made three, I used three and went on about my day. Not staying on my phone all day. But if someone else finds it confusing I am certainly not going to act as though they must be crazy, I am still going to say that going to a theme park should not be this hard.

You talk about emails and checking them. Not everyone has their email even linked to their phone. I don’t. My main email is my work email. I don’t want that mess bugging me outside of work. And I do not check it while on vacation.

This whole thing started with the op being concerned that the scenario with her brother could happen to the op on her trip. Could it?

If it could, perhaps some info that will tell her how to figure it out ahead of time would be helpful rather than saying her brother is lying, leaving things out, whatever. If the ride being down at some point could have issued different FP for them or if they were out of their FP window and the scanner picked up a different FP that they were given or whatever, perhaps that info would help answer her question.
To properly answer the question OP had in their post there does need to be more information. It does not have to be a direct quote but blanks need to be filled in. Anything said based on what has been given so far is just guessing based on what we think happened. If we guess wrong, then the answer given is wrong. Then what good does that do the OP?
All I know is if I saw a standby line back to FOTLK, that’s my queue to head straight back to the resort pool and :beach:.

Ha!

I haven’t been to Pandora enough during peak times lately enough to know, is that normal?
It was normal opening weekend, maybe even that week. But not since.
Rope drop lines could end up there, briefly, while the initial surge fill in the queue but that's short lived, not hours. However, OP didn't state this was at rope drop so this goes back to, without knowing more info anything answer is speculation/guesses based on what we think happened.

Personally I take screen shots of the fast passes. They have disappeared for me in the past and I detest the long lines at guest services. Unfortunately I had to endure them this week at MK when my magic band froze. DH’s worked fine. PIA. Got a Peter Pan fast pass out of it. Trust me not worth the wait in line.
I print everything to pdf, upload it to my phone, and print a hardcopy just in case. You never know. :D

Mike

Is it possible that these folks somehow found themselves in a situation where TWO of their FPs turned into anytimes, one for FoP and one for everything except FoP? Sometimes one of my FPs changes to an anytime and I don't even realize it because the ride is running again when I get there. If this group had a FOP FP go anytime, AND an Everest go anytime, and they decided to ride Everest before FOP, they really could've had some unfortunate luck.

This could easily be plausible but the other details are not. I don't see how AK would be at capacity outside of a holiday (and even then I doubt it's close) and even if it were at capacity, FP are still used much to the chagrin of those waiting in the standby line. Basically, we have a bunch of misunderstanding on the part of OP's family passed down and the kernel of truth is buried.

All I know is if I saw a standby line back to FOTLK, that’s my queue to head straight back to the resort pool and :beach:.

Ha!

I haven’t been to Pandora enough during peak times lately enough to know, is that normal?
I just checked and the posted time is 180 minutes and Touring Plans lists their wait time of 151 minutes. I've seen times 250-280 minutes on the lines app o_O

Mike

I do not know what happened with the OP's family, but I can confirm that we have had 2 trips where our FPs flat out did not work. I lost track of how many hours we spent at GR. GR told us everything looked great and that we should have no problems! We then showed up to the FP entrance at our assigned time, and Mickey turned blue every.single.time. It was beyond frustrating! We were able to pull up our FP in MDE and show the CM who was working the FP line, but I cannot tell you how many hours we wasted trying to use our booked FPs.

I do not know what happened with the OP's family, but I can confirm that we have had 2 trips where our FPs flat out did not work. I lost track of how many hours we spent at GR. GR told us everything looked great and that we should have no problems! We then showed up to the FP entrance at our assigned time, and Mickey turned blue every.single.time. It was beyond frustrating! We were able to pull up our FP in MDE and show the CM who was working the FP line, but I cannot tell you how many hours we wasted trying to use our booked FPs.
I too can believe they could have a problem using their FP if they went up and tried to scan it. That however doesn't appear to be what happened. Or if it was, it was not included in the info given.

I learned a lot about MB and their database systems on my trip last week. Had a conversation via text with their IT dept about just this, different results with different bands.
My issue was different than yours but the end results would be the same. The CM was at a loss, they never could figure out what was wrong. The error they got was one no one there had ever seen before. Everything appeared right to her and nothing she did fixed the issue. My band was working for everything else, which added complications to figuring out the problem. I looked on my MDE and it showed as active, etc.
However, she was determined to get to the bottom of the problem, just because it was so dang unusual. After getting IT involved it turns out there are several different databases for the MB serial numbers. These databases are supposed to talk to each other seamlessly so the bands work no matter which system you are accessing (ADR, rooms, tickets, etc). But, they can lose the serial number from just 1 database and that will prevent the band from doing whatever that database is supposed to do. Even though it works for everything else. They got my band reinstated in the one database that it was dropped from and it fixed it.
So it sounds like your band(s) were somehow dropped from the FP usage database so when you went to try and use it, it returned an error. If someone didn't dig deep enough or even reach the right person in IT they may have never gotten it fixed. Not all GR CM are as persistent as the one I found.

I just checked and the posted time is 180 minutes and Touring Plans lists their wait time of 151 minutes. I've seen times 250-280 minutes on the lines app o_O

Mike

We rode it twice this week, Tuesday and Wednesday mid afternoon. Standby by was about 85 minutes. Even fastpass line took a while. Glad I am not going there today.

Because someone paying extra for FP is likely to know how to use FP for contact CL guest services for assistance.
This is the kind of post that is the reason I don't think the OP will be back. You have no basis to tell the OP she is a liar but yet you just did. This statement is actually not based in fact it is your opinion of people buying CLFP's. What facts do you have that everyone buying CLFP's know all about the system of FP's and what to do?

Some are doing just that and some are not. I think there are plenty of posters that are not just answering in "good faith" but being critical. Like I said you don't have to agree with me. I also feel the OP gave plenty of information it is all in what you want to believe.
Horsehockey. No posts have done what you claim. People are stating that the OP was not told a complete story, not that the OP is a liar. Disney does not just decide we are not having a FP line now.

You should be able to click on the FP on your MDE account and it will give you a list of all the rides it works for.

Found an image on what to look for (this is for a FP that converted from regular to Anytime but the screen on the left is the same be it a converted FP or a GR FP)
Click on the part that says "See Redemption Details"
Instead of a FP for just Future World, it will say just "Multiple Experiences"
Closed-Attraction.jpg

I don't have a link that says "see redemption details" So I have no way to check!

As someone else said, you should just be able to click on it in MDE and you will see all the available rides below it.

Unfortunately I haven't got a link to click on, so I no way of checking!

This is the kind of post that is the reason I don't think the OP will be back. You have no basis to tell the OP she is a liar but yet you just did. This statement is actually not based in fact it is your opinion of people buying CLFP's. What facts do you have that everyone buying CLFP's know all about the system of FP's and what to do?

I didn't call the OP a liar. The OP did not state she was CL. It's possible she meant 2 months and not 3. It's possible she was misinformed. It's possible info got lost in translation. It's possible I'm wrong and she did stay CL. I made an assumption. So did you.

It's possible to be WRONG about something and 100% believe it is true. That doesn't make someone a liar. That makes someone misinformed. And people pointing out they were wrong doesn't mean they are calling them a liar.

What FACTS do you have that she stayed CL? Please. I didn't even say "EVERYONE." I said it's likely. Likely does not mean every single person in every single situation every single time.

If someone is going to give incomplete information and then get offended when people make assumptions on that info or ask for more info? They shouldn't be on the internet in first place.

I will call you a liar for saying that I called someone a liar.

While we were at Animal Kingdom a few weeks ago, we had Fast Passes booked for Expedition Everest, and also had a few of the open fast passes. Ahead of our Everest window, we decided to ride Kali, and for some reason, the system pulled my husband's Everest Fast pass at that time, so that when we went to scan in at Everest, he was told that he didn't have a fast pass. The CM let him go through the FP line anyhow, as the ride was not very busy at all, but I wonder if possibly this could have been what happened to their FP for FoP?

While we were at Animal Kingdom a few weeks ago, we had Fast Passes booked for Expedition Everest, and also had a few of the open fast passes. Ahead of our Everest window, we decided to ride Kali, and for some reason, the system pulled my husband's Everest Fast pass at that time, so that when we went to scan in at Everest, he was told that he didn't have a fast pass. The CM let him go through the FP line anyhow, as the ride was not very busy at all, but I wonder if possibly this could have been what happened to their FP for FoP?
It is quite possible this happened in regards to an issue with their FP itself. I have had the same thing happen and it's an issue with the system if you ask me. The FP system should always look to read the fixed FP before it takes an anytime one. That should be priority first and always. But just l like priority with tickets, it doesn't always work that way and then the guest is left to deal with the fall out and get it fixed. That stuff bothers me more than CM who don't know everything they should.
Nothing explains that they found no FP line.

There is 1 fact that no one can dispute. Either OP typed wrong and they didn't get their FP at 90 days OR they are staying CL. If they did get FP at 90 days they HAVE to have been staying CL

I don't have a link that says "see redemption details" So I have no way to check!
Unfortunately, without that I don't know of any way to check till you get there and can ask someone

ANSWER: DID NOT HAPPEN. MOVE ALONG.

Respectfully, the OP is trolling and so is the wdwinfo employee who promoted this thread to their Disney newsfeed which I monitor for DISNEY news not this or some lawsuit with Royal Caribbean.
Choosing to post an article in the news feed on The DIS that you don't like is trolling now?

ANSWER: DID NOT HAPPEN. MOVE ALONG.

Respectfully, the OP is trolling and so is the wdwinfo employee who promoted this thread to their Disney newsfeed which I monitor for DISNEY news not this or some lawsuit with Royal Caribbean.

Just because you put respectfully before something doesn't mean you can use whatever tone you want and accuse people of acting with some ulterior motives.

Good gracious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter