DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

I plan on politely asking my server for 2 servings of escargot each night (except on pirate night when everyone is served the same items) since I rarely order a dessert. I hope he or she can make it happen as it’s my fav appetizer.

With all the garlic they cook those little crawlers in, you won't need to worry about any vampires looking to chomp on you!!! :rotfl:

View attachment 344847
I am so sad to say this. DCL has changed up their Eggs Benedict. They used to have lovely poached eggs with runny yolks. Now they prepare the eggs in something that overcooks them and gives them a hockey puck appearance. (Like McDonalds). Sigh. Please don't change the hash brown planks!

Ours were runny on our 11-night Northern European cruise that departed July 29th. They were runnier in the MDR than in cabanas. I wonder if it's from sitting under the heat lamp in cabanas. My 11-year-old ate eggs Benedict nearly every day for breakfast!

Ours were runny on our 11-night Northern European cruise that departed July 29th. They were runnier in the MDR than in cabanas. I wonder if it's from sitting under the heat lamp in cabanas. My 11-year-old ate eggs Benedict nearly every day for breakfast!
These eggs were definitely different. We were on the Dream at the same time you were on the Magic. They were production eggs, probably baked in a mold at Cabanas where they used to be poached by hand (?). Not sure the correct terminology. In the dining room they were still poached.

In June on the Wonder, the eggs were the usual poached kind. They had a big chafing dish of them in hot water behind the benedicts. I always added an extra egg, and the one on the benedict as well as the one from the big dish of poached of poached eggs were exactly the same. Definitely NOT like the puck shown above.

Cabanas breakfast - Krispy Kreme donuts, chocolate croissants, Mickey Waffles with strawberries and whip cream

MDR breakfast - dulce de ledge waffle sandwich and peanut butter and jelly typhoon pancake off the kids menu (my husband orders this as well)upload_2018-8-19_13-7-13.jpeg

Snacks/lunches - chicken fingers, ice cream cones, room service chocolate chip cookies, Rice Krispie treat with chocolate decoration at cove cafe (closest thing to my favourite park snack of chocolate dipped Mickey ear krispies)

Dinner - scallops , almond soufflé, grand marnier soufflés, risotto

Things I still want to try - make your own ice cream sandwich from room service using cookies and Mickey bar, pretzels, shawarma, Baked Alaska and beignets

I love this idea! Fun thread.

For me it's those crazy addictive chicken fingers. I have no clue why I love them so much (I'm not usually a big chicken finger person), but I do. I try to convince myself if I go and get a bowl of fruit, it somehow makes up for eating chicken fingers for lunch. :rotfl2:
I dream Disney chicken fingers.

These eggs were definitely different. We were on the Dream at the same time you were on the Magic. They were production eggs, probably baked in a mold at Cabanas where they used to be poached by hand (?). Not sure the correct terminology. In the dining room they were still poached.

I hope you put it on the comment card! I will be so disappointed if they aren't the same poached eggs.

I have 2. On one of our longer cruises up on the pool deck they had soft pretzels!!!! I had at least 1 every day and it’s the only cruise I’ve seen this. They where heaven

Then for breakfast I discovered the Dulce duleche (sp) waffle sandwich. If I wake up in time I’ll do that every morning over Cabanas. I want one right now!!!!

This is my guilty pleasure!! YUMMMM! If I go to cabanas I have to substitute mickey waffles and caramel sauce for Belgian waffles and dulce de leche. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter