DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

The "Delicious Fruit Yogurts" are at the MDR breakfast and I also got one of them at Daisy's Delites on the Wonder. They are more a smoothie than a yogurt as they're blended together. Maybe your wife had one of these?
  • Mango Mountain Hike
    fresh blend of Mangoes, Honey, Granola and L0w-fat Yogurt
  • Mornin’ Tug Boat
    fresh blend of Strawberries, Bananas, Almonds, Raisin Granola and Low-fat Yogurt
agree Mango Mountain Hike in MDR, Delicious!!! Fantasy had a similar one in Cabanas this past summer in a smaller glass

The Chicken Schnitzel (I almost typed something else by accident LOL) was my favorite meal by far on the Magic last week! I suggested to our server that he should get them to put it in a sandwich for lunch and they'd sell like hotcakes!!! I also got side orders of scollops several times last week. I definitely recommend that!

So I just returned from a WC on the Fantasy. I am sooooo disappointed in the "poached" eggs. I pointed it out to one of my past servers who was working in cabanas and he ran and got me 2 over easy eggs instead. I probably could have asked for fresh poached but just didn't want to deal with it and ate over easy eggs the rest of the trip. We just got our email survey and I plan on bringing them up. I can understand it makes getting them cooked faster - but they are not poached, they are baked in a steam tray and look worse than an egg mcmuffin egg patty. >:(

I also tried the BLT from room service and have to say I was very disappointed in that as well. There was almost no bacon on it. Now maybe that was because I waited until Friday after CC to order it but I won't waste my time with it again. Now the cookies from room service are awesome. They are the same ones they serve at Cookies II at Serenity bay. I will get them again.

But all the other food was amazing as always. And Palo changed up the brunch self serve a little bit with some really yummy stuff. :D

The baked potato and cheese soup at animators palace. It was sooo good.

Thing mentioned in this thread are the reason I gained 7 pounds and DH gained 13 on our last cruise. :teeth::D

We have gotten into the tradition on embarkation day before we even set sail ordering the All Hands On Deck cheese and crackers from room service. This past cruise we got it multiple times for a snack.

Chicken fingers on deck! They remind me of the ones from Publix. The crew think I am crazy because I always ask for 1 chicken finger and a couple fries. But I feel less guilty that way, and if I want another one I have to get up and got get it - I do this a few times throughout the cruise.

Free flowing ice cream is always a good thing, but The Gelato is to die for and we buy a 3 scoop cup to share at least once. And I have to have a Mickey bar for desert at least once.

Oh, and I discovered the warm croissants at the cove this past trip. YUM!!!!!!!!! It was everything for me not to have 2.

Question - some of you have mentioned the cookies from room service - are they different fro the ones on the pool deck? Because I am not a fan of the ones on deck - they are mediocre at best to me. If the room service ones are better that will go on the top of the Food to eat for our next cruise.

How do you get the warm croissants at the Cove? I know they have that little pastry case that sometimes has croissants in it but they aren’t warm...

What Schwarma?
On our first cruise, we ate so much of this thinking it was a healthy choice. Oops. I still let myself have it once or twice each trip because it's just so good!

The watermelon at Daisy's de-lights on our Med cruise was amazing this year. I'll remember to check out next time. It was the perfect compliment to the shawarma.
at

So I just returned from a WC on the Fantasy. I am sooooo disappointed in the "poached" eggs. I pointed it out to one of my past servers who was working in cabanas and he ran and got me 2 over easy eggs instead. I probably could have asked for fresh poached but just didn't want to deal with it and ate over easy eggs the rest of the trip. We just got our email survey and I plan on bringing them up. I can understand it makes getting them cooked faster - but they are not poached, they are baked in a steam tray and look worse than an egg mcmuffin egg patty. >:(

I also tried the BLT from room service and have to say I was very disappointed in that as well. There was almost no bacon on it. Now maybe that was because I waited until Friday after CC to order it but I won't waste my time with it again. Now the cookies from room service are awesome. They are the same ones they serve at Cookies II at Serenity bay. I will get them again.

But all the other food was amazing as always. And Palo changed up the brunch self serve a little bit with some really yummy stuff. :D

Tell me, tell me....what did they add???? :Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc

Tell me, tell me....what did they add???? :Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc

Oops - sorry, I'm still sad about the eggs LOL.

They added new cheeses, salmon mouse, hummus, these little bite size cherry tomatoes wrapped in a risotto and fried (something like that and they are cut in half) something else I can't remember what they called it - strudel something, a new seafood salad that was really yummy. There also looked to be more herbed breads than last time, but I have an allergy to sage so I was told to avoid them.

How did you get the black truffle pursettes every day?

You can order from any of those night’s menus from any of the restaurants, just check the app for what’s being served in the other restaurants that night. Yep, we loved the pursettes the first three nights until the menus rotated. Also came in handy when my Little didn’t like the seafood heavy menu in Triton’s and just ordered from AP.

I have 2. On one of our longer cruises up on the pool deck they had soft pretzels!!!! I had at least 1 every day and it’s the only cruise I’ve seen this. They where heaven

Then for breakfast I discovered the Dulce duleche (sp) waffle sandwich. If I wake up in time I’ll do that every morning over Cabanas. I want one right now!!!!
Where do you get the dulce de Leche waffle sandwich in Cabanas? Do you have to ask for it?

Is it extra to eat at Crown and Fin?
I guess mine would be the wings in Crown and Fin (Wonder). That became our meet-up spot when we were on an Alaska cruise last summer with friends. 6PM, meet in Crown and Fin for wings ;) They also had veggies and dip, chips and salsa, etc. I generally don't eat a lot of hot wings but for some reason they are so good on the ship. :goodvibes
I

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter