DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

They only have the Krispy Kreme donuts if you are sailing out of PC. When we sailed from the west coast and Vancouver, they had some other kind of donut other than Krispy Kreme. They were yeast- raised, glazed donuts, but not the same as Krispy Kreme. We have Krispy Kreme donut shops here at home, but we never go to them. That makes it seem permissable to eat them on DCL! Great logic, huh?!

So I'm not talking about the really quality stuff, but the guilty pleasure that may cause others to recoil in shock when you tell them you've been so looking forward to having it again (as my wife does in this case). For me, it's those hash brown "planks" they serve in Cabanas at breakfast. Greasy monstrosities, I know, but I love them so ::yes::

BEST thread!!!! For my husband, it's the soft serve ice cream! For me, I'd have to say most everything on the ship as I'm pretty strict about what I eat at home, yet if I had to choose one top thing, I'd say the breakfast items at Cabanas! (My breakfast is normally egg whites and sprouted wheat toast.) Soooo, to have hash browns, bacon, Mickey waffles, and so many other choices is a BIG deal!! AND now, I've learned about mozzarella sticks, fried brie, chicken fingers on deck, whole pizzas "to go," loaded tater tots and so much more!!! Can't wait to try some "new treats" this month ....

It's insidious. The cones are half as big as what you'd get at a soft serve place, but that lulls you into a false sense of safety and you end up eating multiple times as much because just one more cone doesn't seem like that much... And just one more.... and... one.... more....

YES!!!! EXACTLY!! It's his first stop on the boat!

One thing? Can't say there is one thing over all others. I love the breakfast foods. I usually eat so much breakfast that lunch is out of the question. Now I've just got MORE to add to it - the Muesli, yogurt "smoothies", etc. Strangely, I never found the baked goods to be that great. May I just couldn't let go of the guilt! Last cruise was with 5yo nephew. Every night after the show he was done. I would go up and get pizza and bring it back to the cabin for a nighttime snack. He still remembers and that's what makes it so delicious - the memory.

Strangely, I never found the baked goods to be that great. May I just couldn't let go of the guilt!

I LOVE baked goods in general and am not overwhelmed by the quality on the ships, I think they are sometimes soggy, especially the breakfast pastries. The donuts are definitely frozen and thawed, not worth the calories IMO, I'll save them for the ice cream sundaes at dinner and fries up on deck for snacks. I do enjoy the pineapple coconut muffins though, yum!!

It's insidious. The cones are half as big as what you'd get at a soft serve place, but that lulls you into a false sense of safety and you end up eating multiple times as much because just one more cone doesn't seem like that much... And just one more.... and... one.... more....

we don't waste time with cones... we get cups from the drink station and fill them up. :rolleyes1

How has no one mentioned the black truffle pursettes -by far the best vegetarian dish onboard! I ate it every single day. I'll blame the stretch pants I wear for disembarkment on those.
Second vote goes to the little pineapple cakes at CC. So moist and refreshing.

I'm glad so many of you are enjoying this thread! We're getting ready to hop into the car for the drive down to PC for our Fantasy cruise this week, and you all have given me lots of great ideas for things to try! We have Palo brunch tomorrow morning, so no hash brown planks for me until the next day, but I'll definitely have plenty this week, including trying the "sandwich" that was suggested :teeth: I see chicken fingers for lunch in my more immediate future, though...

I LOVE baked goods in general and am not overwhelmed by the quality on the ships, I think they are sometimes soggy, especially the breakfast pastries. The donuts are definitely frozen and thawed, not worth the calories IMO, I'll save them for the ice cream sundaes at dinner and fries up on deck for snacks. I do enjoy the pineapple coconut muffins though, yum!!

The bread is very good on the cruise though. We eat a ton on those little rolls at dinner. Where I live there are too many minerals in the water so the bread never comes out with that amazing crust you can get other places.

The bread is very good on the cruise though. We eat a ton on those little rolls at dinner. Where I live there are too many minerals in the water so the bread never comes out with that amazing crust you can get other places.

Yes the dinner rolls are addictively good, I was thinking more of the 'breakfast' baked goods. Every cruise we say we are going to stop at one bread basket to save room for all the many dinner courses and every cruise we end up going through 2 LOL!

I'm glad so many of you are enjoying this thread! We're getting ready to hop into the car for the drive down to PC for our Fantasy cruise this week, and you all have given me lots of great ideas for things to try! We have Palo brunch tomorrow morning, so no hash brown planks for me until the next day, but I'll definitely have plenty this week, including trying the "sandwich" that was suggested :teeth: I see chicken fingers for lunch in my more immediate future, though...

Bon voyage!!!! And happy snacking and dining!!! :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter