DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

I'm glad so many of you are enjoying this thread! We're getting ready to hop into the car for the drive down to PC for our Fantasy cruise this week, and you all have given me lots of great ideas for things to try! We have Palo brunch tomorrow morning, so no hash brown planks for me until the next day, but I'll definitely have plenty this week, including trying the "sandwich" that was suggested :teeth: I see chicken fingers for lunch in my more immediate future, though...

Have wonderful time! Eat a plank or 2 for me with a little ketchup :cutie:

It's insidious. The cones are half as big as what you'd get at a soft serve place, but that lulls you into a false sense of safety and you end up eating multiple times as much because just one more cone doesn't seem like that much... And just one more.... and... one.... more....
On our cruise on the Magic last month they had new cones. They were bigger and more like a waffle cone. You could FILL them much easier with more soft serve! They also tasted better.

On our cruise on the Magic last month they had new cones. They were bigger and more like a waffle cone. You could FILL them much easier with more soft serve! They also tasted better.

That could be due to what's available from the European supplier. I tend to prefer the food on the sailings out of europe.

They only have the Krispy Kreme donuts if you are sailing out of PC. When we sailed from the west coast and Vancouver, they had some other kind of donut other than Krispy Kreme. They were yeast- raised, glazed donuts, but not the same as Krispy Kreme. We have Krispy Kreme donut shops here at home, but we never go to them. That makes it seem permissable to eat them on DCL! Great logic, huh?!

We had them out of New York last year.

How has no one mentioned the black truffle pursettes -by far the best vegetarian dish onboard! I ate it every single day. I'll blame the stretch pants I wear for disembarkment on those.
Second vote goes to the little pineapple cakes at CC. So moist and refreshing.
How did you get the black truffle pursettes every day? I loved them but only had them the night they were in the menu in the MDR. Every day would’ve been amazing!!

How did you get the black truffle pursettes every day? I loved them but only had them the night they were in the menu in the MDR. Every day would’ve been amazing!!

On the first night, I told the waiter that they were the best vegetarian food on the entire cruise. He asked if I would be very happy to get them the next night. I said sure, of course. Every night, he asked if I wanted them again the next night. I was really impressed that they even made some on pirate night for me. Extra tip for truly excellent service!

On the first night, I told the waiter that they were the best vegetarian food on the entire cruise. He asked if I would be very happy to get them the next night. I said sure, of course. Every night, he asked if I wanted them again the next night. I was really impressed that they even made some on pirate night for me. Extra tip for truly excellent service!
I’ve had the same awesome service when I told them how much I loved the escargot. Every night they offered to bring me some.

The veggie burger on CC. Not really a guilty pleasure unless you eat 3 of them like I do! The lemon meringue tarts at Cabanas are also a favorite. The crust is just perfect. DH and DS make it their goal to eat all of the shrimp on the boat each cruise. Boy do they put forth a good effort!!

Just a thanks for this thread...I read it before our 3 night last week and DH and I were thrilled with the banana ice cream, which I probably would not have tried otherwise!
It’s amazingly delicious ice cream and nothing compares to it. I was upset to not see it on my last cruise but I found it at CC. It made an appearance on day 3 of our cruise so I guess they just cycle through what they have in their freezer, but next time I’ll ask because I know they’re hiding it someplace. :teeth:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!