Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2018

Her body is her paycheck and she needs to keep it in perfect condition. If you look at her Instagram she is not as decently clothed. There are a lot of semi nude shots without a top on and her arm covering parts of her breasts.

Okaaay. . . I hadn't done that much research on her. :eek:

I'm surprised Juan Pablo went home as I felt the show was angling to get him in the finals...but he does nothing for me. I am quite happy with the final 4.

I think they just get the mirror ball trophy too. :scratchin

Each celebrity does get to negotiate what their salary will be. And they get paid only for the weeks they are on. Although, I remember reading, (maybe on TMZ?) that one star, I think she was a former Olympic athlete, if she got to stay for a certain amount of weeks, she would get more for the following weeks till she got booted off or made it to the Finals. Then she got another amount for being in the Finals. I don't think it said any thing about her getting more money if she won.

You are thinking of Laurie Hernandez, I believe. For some reason her contract became public because she was a minor, maybe because it had to be filed with a court? Anyway, it gave us insight into how the contracts work. They all get more money the longer they stay, pros too.

If anyone has instagram, Sharna was posting video all night last night in her story...she is me with a donut wall..GIMME THE DONUTS

You are thinking of Laurie Hernandez, I believe. For some reason her contract became public because she was a minor, maybe because it had to be filed with a court? Anyway, it gave us insight into how the contracts work. They all get more money the longer they stay, pros too.

Yes! Thank you. I was trying to figure out who it was. :scratchin :confused: :scratchin

Bobby & Sharna
Repeat: cha cha (Song: “U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer)
Freestyle Song: Remix of “The Greatest Show” by Panic at the Disco
1-800-868-3402

Alexis & Alan
Repeat: Tango (Song: “Swan Lake” by Ray Chew Live)
Freestyle Song: “Head Above Water” – live performance by Avril Lavigne
1-800-868-3401

Evanna & Keo
Repeat: Tango (Song: “Disturbia” by Rihanna)
Freestyle Song: “It’s Oh So Quiet” by Björk
1-800-868-3405

Milo & Witney
Repeat: Charleston (Song: “Living in New York City” – live performance by Robin Thicke)
Freestyle Song: “Ain’t No Sunshine” (Lido Remix) by Bill Withers
1-800-868-3410

Robin Thicke's house was completely burnt down in the Malibu fires. :sad1:

So was Miley & Liam's house, among others. The Bachelor mansion, for one. Was wondering about Barbra Streisand's estate.

I guess I can vote during the live show, two hours before it's on here.

Evanna Lynch retweeted something, and I went to the DWTS website to confirm. This is what it says about voting during the finale:

"The season finale will take place Monday, November 19. A live online-only vote will help determine the winner of Season 27. The live vote will open at the beginning of the live broadcast in the ET|CT time zones (i.e. 8 p.m. ET) and will remain open until approximately five minutes after the final competitive dance of the finale. It can be accessed at dwtslivevote.com."

https://dwtsvote-live.abc.go.com/#faq

Maybe they do it this way every year, but this is my first season watching so it was news to me. I assumed I would be able to vote by phone on Monday night.

Best Aunt, usually you would. I think they have had a finale show on Tuesday night every season to reveal the winner. Everyone comes back and does a little dance, it's pretty fun. ABC did not want to skip The Rookie on Tuesday. It must be doing better in the ratings than DWTS. :sad:

I thought it was soooo weird that it wasn't on two nights. Not that I'm complaining, one night will suffice. :thumbsup2

ABC did not want to skip The Rookie on Tuesday. It must be doing better in the ratings than DWTS. :sad:

Actually, the DWTS Finale is only 2 hours on Mon. 8-10pm ET. So, it never would have interfered with The Rookie. But, the fact that the finale is only 1 nite instead of the traditional 2 and 1 whole hour has been cut, AND all the musical artists they usually have on nite 2 are gone, is an indication that DWTS is dropping in the ratings. Can't fake that. The show couldn't even compete against The Conners or Blackish to bump those shows off one Tues.

And to me, an indication WHY they brought in a new showrunner to try to change things to get back some ratings. It was his idea for the too short, Athletes Edition season and the current Juniors season. And why he might have had a hand in trying to make this Finale more "surprising" and "exciting" to draw in viewers by not having one of the best stars make it to the end. There have definitely been seasons where it was such a predictable snooze fest as to who was going to win, that this thread barely had any comments after the winner was announced.
sleep-blue.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter