Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2018

I am not sure if this show is governed by the same rules that game shows are but if there is something going on behind the scenes, ABC could get in BIG BIG trouble.

I watch a lot of, Top Chef, Project Runway, and previously, The Celebrity Apprentice. Usually, in small print at the end, there was a little blurb that basically said the producers, along with the judges get to make the final decisions of the results for how they think is best for the show.

I take that to mean that they leave on a contestant that creates a lot of drama or helps boost the ratings over a better contestant that isn't that interesting.

Same as in The Hunger Games, when behind the scenes they created a fire to move the action in a certain direction.

I have always thought that even though DWTS is a "reality competition," that this show's producers too, may have written in a clause in fine print, that they have final say as to the results & direction of the show.

Thought they couldn't interfere in competition or game shows that involve cash prizes. I suppose there's always a way to get around the rules.

Thought they couldn't interfere in competition or game shows that involve cash prizes. I suppose there's always a way to get around the rules.
I don't think they get a cash prize on DWTS, just the mirror ball trophy. In fact, if memory serves. all the celebrities get paid the same regardless if they are out first or are the "winners."

I think they just get the mirror ball trophy too. :scratchin

Each celebrity does get to negotiate what their salary will be. And they get paid only for the weeks they are on. Although, I remember reading, (maybe on TMZ?) that one star, I think she was a former Olympic athlete, if she got to stay for a certain amount of weeks, she would get more for the following weeks till she got booted off or made it to the Finals. Then she got another amount for being in the Finals. I don't think it said any thing about her getting more money if she won.

Last edited:
If the producers have nothing to do with who moves on and who gets cut, then it would seem that a Fuller House actor wouldn't have as big of a fan base as some of the other stars - but didn't some of the Fuller House actresses compete? Maybe producers thought there would be a carryover of interest.

I'm only watching for Evanna, so I'm happy she is in the finals. I haven't watched this show in the past, and after the finals, I won't watch in the future. These TV competition shows are somewhere between "Reality" TV and a sporting competitition. When they veer so far toward Reality TV and away from competition, I get frustrated.

Also, I think the lighting is ridiculous. When beams of light face the camera and cross, I can't see the dancer at all. I assume they try to make it harder to see that a bad dancer is bad, but if I can't see the dancers what's the point of watching?

Bobby is cute and funny but please he can’t win????
Unfortunately, I think he has the mega fan base to be the first ‘fan favorite’ to do so. I read his fans bragging on FB that they were voting right when the show started and then tuned out once he danced. He has 3 million listeners and if only 1 out of 5 vote, that’s over 3 million votes for him last night.

Unfortunately, I think he has the mega fan base to be the first ‘fan favorite’ to do so. I read his fans bragging on FB that they were voting right when the show started and then tuned out once he danced. He has 3 million listeners and if only 1 out of 5 vote, that’s over 3 million votes for him last night.

His mega fan base voted him into the Radio Hall of Fame over Ryan Seacrest. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that he can win. It will be interesting.

I just didn't think there were that many drooling fanboys that "read" SI who watched DWTS. Her Instagram is NFWS.

I actually learned about her way before she did SI and I was super happy for her when she finally got cast after years of trying. A lot of girls know her from all the previous modeling work she's done and for her youtube channel, in which she posts workout videos and basically just spreads positivity and talks about her life. She also has her own line of workout gear and just opened a business in Tokyo.

My only guess with JP is that Cheryl's fanbase alone couldn't support just them. Outside of Fuller house how strong is that fanbase

If the producers have nothing to do with who moves on and who gets cut, then it would seem that a Fuller House actor wouldn't have as big of a fan base as some of the other stars - but didn't some of the Fuller House actresses compete? Maybe producers thought there would be a carryover of interest.

I think he has about the same amount of fans that Gilles Marini had, who was also partnered with Cheryl. No one knew Gilles except from a memorable nude scene in Sex & the City. :banana: :love: But, he won many of us over because he was that good of a dancer and Cheryl is that good of a choreographer & teacher. They came in second their season only because Shawn Johnson, who won, had the Olympics fandom. (This of course, is in my non-scientific estimation. :teacher: )

There was also Nyle DeMarco, the deaf model/actor paired with Peta. Also pretty much unknown. He won his season.

I said earlier, there is always a large group of people who vote for the best dancer(s) just because they are the best and this show is supposed to be a "competition." Whether one believes Juan Pablo is the best, he was up there. And I think roughly the same amount of people would have voted for him as for Gilles & Nyle.

These TV competition shows are somewhere between "Reality" TV and a sporting competition. When they veer so far toward Reality TV and away from competition, I get frustrated.

Yes, this show seems to be turning more into how professional wrestling is done. More about a show than about a real competition. Lots of fake or exaggerated stories, like a showmance in which the 2 dancers can't even believably act their parts. :rolleyes1 If the producers really believed Alexis' dancing would get her to the Finals, why the need for the showmance? Lighting geared toward hiding bad dancing to keep certain stars on. Also camera work which only shows the dancers from the hips UP - no footwork for tricky parts. Then the producers pull a "Ginger Zee," keeping a star on well to the Finals just because she represents the network. :sad2:

It is too much of a coincidence to me, that in 27 seasons. we don't have one of the best dancers in the Finals - as they get a new showrunner. Pretty much, the only other time that happened was when Bristol Palin was in over Brandy Norwood. (And of course, there have been times where a good dancer trips or fumbles, like Wanya Morris tripping in his costume, But then, it's obvious why they are out, not that maybe the producers had something to do with the decision.)

Here is an article on the new showrunner. He was producer/showrunner for some other competition show before. That's why they brought him in, to liven up the ratings. And yes, he talks about putting his own mark on the show in various ways that seems to have happened this season. :rolleyes1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dancing-stars-sets-new-showrunner-season-26-1093557

Just looked up Juan Pablo for a little more background, got his start doing musicals, dancing in ensembles, in London. So pretty good dance and performance background.

Just looked up Juan Pablo for a little more background, got his start doing musicals, dancing in ensembles, in London. So pretty good dance and performance background.

Hopefully he will get cast in something now that Cheryl gave him more training. :thumbsup2

I wonder if he will do the DWTS tour? The announcement of the stars probably won't be released till after the Finale.

I actually learned about her way before she did SI and I was super happy for her when she finally got cast after years of trying. A lot of girls know her from all the previous modeling work she's done and for her youtube channel, in which she posts workout videos and basically just spreads positivity and talks about her life. She also has her own line of workout gear and just opened a business in Tokyo.

I looked at her YouTube page last night. She has one exercise video that has over 8 million views on it since Jan. :eek: :faint: It's actually a good, basic exercise video for abs. She's decently clothed - while showing off her abs. So, it's not like she did it as a sexy SI thing. If one didn't know she was an SI swimsuit model, it would still be a good vid to watch for variations of an ab workout. Another video she did only a month & a half ago about her trip to Japan has already 353,587 views. So she does have a large following.

Here is the abs video. A commenter listed of all different reps she did. I need to take a nap after reading this. :faint:

EXERCISES: 30 seconds each
19 sit ups
19 knee touch crunches
27 heel touches
27 bicycle crunches
17 Russian twist
17 reach through crunches
22 toe tap leg lifts
45 flutter kicks
32 scissor kicks
10 leg lifts
20 leg lift alternating crunch
15 crunch kicks
35 mountain climbers
30 second plank
30 second right side plank
30 left side plank
30 second plank
26 plank twists
18 spider climbers

I looked at her YouTube page last night. She has one exercise video that has over 8 million views on it since Jan. :eek: :faint: It's actually a good, basic exercise video for abs. She's decently clothed - while showing off her abs. So, it's not like she did it as a sexy SI thing. If one didn't know she was an SI swimsuit model, it would still be a good vid to watch for variations of an ab workout. Another video she did only a month & a half ago about her trip to Japan has already 353,587 views. So she does have a large following.

Here is the abs video. A commenter listed of all different reps she did. I need to take a nap after reading this. :faint:

EXERCISES: 30 seconds each
19 sit ups
19 knee touch crunches
27 heel touches
27 bicycle crunches
17 Russian twist
17 reach through crunches
22 toe tap leg lifts
45 flutter kicks
32 scissor kicks
10 leg lifts
20 leg lift alternating crunch
15 crunch kicks
35 mountain climbers
30 second plank
30 second right side plank
30 left side plank
30 second plank
26 plank twists
18 spider climbers

Her body is her paycheck and she needs to keep it in perfect condition. If you look at her Instagram she is not as decently clothed. There are a lot of semi nude shots without a top on and her arm covering parts of her breasts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter