Breakfast at Kona.....let's grab a table!!

Hi DznyFan...ahhh, I would be crying too.:hug: Glad you had a great trip. Can't wait to see some pics!:cheer2:

OK - pics - some, anyway! There will be many to come, so be patient with me!!

DSC03657.jpg

Jasmine & Aladdin

DSC03602.jpg

Aladdin took my camera away from me - silly Aladdin

**highlight below:**
(this young man is very close to her off set - they're good friends and he is one of her faves to work with. Sweet kid!)

DSC03587.jpg

We got to ride the Magic Carpets with Aladdin and Jasmine! Aladdin might need to go back for his carpet license - it was a WILD ride.

DSC03658.jpg

DSC03661.jpg

We got in about noon on Saturday, and by the time we made it to OKW, the kiddo was there waiting for us, chatting it up with other cast members, and had checked us into our room! She was off that day so we were able to spend the evening with her. We had lunch at Olivia's then went and walked around the World Showcase and had dinner at Tokyo Dining. Since it was an early flight we were pooped! Just went back to the room and went to bed.

We had to get up early on sunday to catch the Welcome Show at the MK, since Jasmine makes an appearance in it. It was too cool and I was so excited I was shaking. Thank goodness my camera has image stabilization!! We wandered back to Agrabah after rope drop and waited until it was time to board the carpets at our appropriated time. We got to ride with Aladdin and Jasmine, and let me tell you, Aladdin has got some mad magic carpet driving skills! It was more like a roller coaster and less like a magic carpet! We got our photos taken and then just hung out and watched most of their appearance until their break.

We really didn't do a whole lot of riding in the MK that day, we mostly came back and watched Aladdin & Jasmine. Jasmine was a little miffed when her friend E's dad walked by with a couple of Dole Whips later in the day... mmmmmm.

After E got off work we spent the evening together topped off with 'Ohana dinner and strolling around the Poly. She had an early morning at work Monday so we didn't keep her out too late.

Monday was another Welcome show, and dad was golfing so it was just me! I love touring the parks by myself, actually. Mostly just watched the Princess and met up with Michele and the family. :thumbsup2 I just get so silly when I meet Jasmine! :cloud9: My brain kind of turns off and I get all nervous and excited...
I headed back to the room and met up with dad after golf was done, and we headed back to the MK to watch some more. Had lunch at the Plaza Restaurant - that little place is GOOD!
E's Godparents got in that afternoon (she really DOES have a 'fairy' Godmother!) so we spent a little time with them and they got to meet Jasmine. Dinner was at Cape May and after work she met us there. Her mannerisms are such now even off work that one of the managers and servers came over to the table and said "you've GOT to be friends with someone! Who are you friends with???" They were like giddy 10 year old girls! :rotfl: Since she didn't have to get up early on Tuesday, we hit DTD Marketplace for a little while until we were too pooped (as was she) and we went our separate ways.
It was so nice that her shifts were such that she was able to spend a lot of time with us either in the evenings or during the day.

DSC04015-1.jpg

Welcome show!

DSC04104-1.jpg

DSC03634-1.jpg

I hope Michele doesn't mind that I post these... Michele, I can delete if you wish.
Someone was very taken with the Princess Jasmine!
DSC04106.jpg

DSC04114.jpg

**Highlight below:**

I kind of feel like I should apologize to Michele - Aladdin on Monday is the Princess' LEAST favorite Al, for a plethora of reasons, many of which we saw as we watched. It's too bad you couldn't have had her fave, and the chemistry of Al and Jas on Sunday instead.

Oh thanks DznyFan...those are great pictures. Sounds like you had a good trip. I love your picture with Jasmine and isn't Lilly precious.:cloud9: It certainly sounds like E is enjoying herself and I know you were very very proud. How did dad do when it was time to come home?

Well...looks like the weekend is over...hope all our travelers are having good weather and lots of fun!:woohoo:

Good morning!!

DznyFan - LOVED the pictures!! And thank you for the mini trip report! I'm sure you and all of your family had a WONDERFUL time!!

Great pictures Dznyfan!!! E makes a beautiful Princess!! I can only imagine the excitement when you see her. I'm sure Michele won't mind you posting the picture. She sent me her photo pass and there were some really cute photos on there with Jasmine and a Fairy.

My parents are here for a few days. They keep bugging me to take Maddie home with them. Errrr they won't take no for an answer. Aug. is not a good month for us as we have cheer, cheer tryouts, tumbling, school starting. Not to mention I am babysitting her friend during the week.

Donna I'm sorry I missed your Bon Voyage!! I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip!!!

2x how is the sale of the house going? I hope everything is moving along smoothly.

YM it sounds like you had a great time on your vacation.

By the way ya'll....a lot of us have moved over to facebook. It's a little more secure on discussing personal things without worrying 10,000 people we don't know are reading our stuff.:rolleyes1 Michele finally joined up a few weeks ago. :woohoo: If your interested in heading over there PM me and I'll send you a list of friends that have moved over there. We can even set up our own Breakfast at Kona on there so we can continue our chatter in a more private setting. ;)

I'd better get off here...my dad is pacing the house because he wants to go fishing. :upsidedow Have a great day!

I am so upset....I can't see the pictures!! I don't mind you posting them at all. I just wish I could see them.

we are having fun at the beach. This is where I belong...sand, ocean and palm trees!! AAHHH! I am home!!!

Hi guys!!!!! :goodvibes

I heard a contest on the radio last night to win a trip to Cedar Park and was reminded of Linda and all you lovely cheesy friends! I guess that I have been more of a stalker lately but will try to post more :) I just spent the better part of my morning catching up since Memorial day (good thing I read fast :thumbsup2)

Summer has been crazy for me. MY apt flooded in the beginning of June (the person in the unit above me thought that by watching HGTV they could tackle their own plumbing work......not such a success) and I spent the first few weeks bouncing around at friends houses and have been just staying at my boyfirends place this month. Its been stressful but made me realize how lucky I am too have so man great friends and people who care about me :goodvibes
I put in an offer for a new apt in miami beach yesterday and have my finger crossed. Its been tricky looking bc my budget is low (being a student and all) and I don't want to sign a year lease. I should know today.

2x - I hope the guy buys your place. I dont think you should have been wishing for him to be Johnny Depp, leave that title to you new neighbor ;)
Hope your mom is feeling well

Linda - sounds like you are busy as ever. How exciting that you have started clinicals!!!! I hope you are making room to enjoy this summer weather I cant believe its almost august

Donna - I hope you are having a safe and wonderful trip

Pozey - I had a roommate once that graduated from Texas A&M she didnt have too many warm thoughts about UT either. Thats great that he has such amazing goals :)

Dznyfan - what great pics!! I think being a princess really suits her. Anymore roommate trouble? Hopefully that has settled itself.

Michelle - hope you are enjoying your vacation

Well I got up early this morning to study for the MCAT ( I take it in less than a month Yikes!!) so i guess I should do some work on that :)

Good afternoon, all!!

We've had a fun and busy few days. Can't believe that tomorrow is our last full day!

DznyFan....I loved seeing the pics of Princess Jasmine and that beautiful woman with her.;) Miss Lilly looks adorable as usual!:cutie:

the weather in S. Ca has been absolutely gorgeous; couldn't have been better. No rain and humidity.:love:

I have to run now. Our FP's for Grizzly River Rapids have arrived and I think I may scout out Ca. Adventure while Gary and Nathan ride.

Lesa....I will PM you about Facebook. Gary has been on for a while now, but I just haven't joined.

See you all later and wish you were here!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

HEY GUYS!!!:hug:

I love all the pics, as always!!!

So many of us have such great trips going on:cool1::cheer2:
Donna...I'm so excited for you guys, sounds like an awesome trip for sure. Yeah, plenty of places for food for sure!
FB isn't too bad, definately more private ;)!!!

Jill, are you on FB? Yes, it was just clinicals for STNA, you have to be stna to get into the actual RN program:headache:but...it was awesome! I really enjoyed it. I don't see myself working in a nursing home, but I'll never say never ;)! Flood...BUMMER!!!:guilty::hug: Yeah...Cedar Point...I'm planning on going very soon! Kenny says he'll ride Millenium Force w/me:cheer2: It'll probably cost me some bribery $ though:rotfl:

sorry guys...I've been trying to read and keep up, but trying to not spend TOO much time on here...studying for state test AND......

Mike said I could book a disney trip:yay:I've GOT to stay focused until I get past my state test, or I'll become obsessed w/planning another trip:rolleyes1as usual:rolleyes1:rotfl2: he said he'd love to go when YM goes :laughing::hug: I think he must have really enjoyed that trip:cloud9::yay: of coarse all three of us did!!! so...I'm trying to study, spend time w/Kenny...he's in swimming lessons these next two weeks:yay:

and it's killing me...YM...did you find where Disney is giving 40% off for military discount for the resorts:cheer2::yay:for some reason....I've been thinking Beach Club :laughing:Plus the ticket deal, his free and ours for $99! even unemployed I can afford that lol!!!!its the scheduling that is a toughie! all three of us have different schedules! geesh!!! HOpe all is well w/you guys!

I hope everyone is doing awesome!!! I especially loved the pic of Lilly and E:cloud9::love::banana:

Dznyfan...I've been checking out cruises again too!! I may have to shoot you an email! I am seriously considering a RCCL this time! Hope you get back to see E again soon! How awesome you got to get away and meet up w/Michele!!! I hope E is relaxing and enjoying herself, sure looks like it! I'm so excited for her!! I wanna go see her so bad!

Well I am home and do not want to be.

We dropped Mom and Dad off at the airport (their flight was earlier than ours) then had lunch back at OKW. It felt really weird...we didn't belong and Mom and Dad weren't there. I didn't like it. I cried a lot after dropping them off. I knew vacation was over :(

Lilly is talking a lot about all of the things she did and saw. She loved it.

I have to upload all my pictures...there are about 2000 of them. I will try and get it done soon.

Matt has decided he definately wants to do the college program. This is his senior year so hopefully this means we will be going back to see him!! He was inspired by a princess we know!! I have already been picking her mom's brain.

Have a great weekend.

Michele:hug::grouphug: so sorry vacation is over....I feel your pain. It is so depressing to go back north:sad1:

I bet Lilly was SUCH a doll:cloud9::love: I bet it just melts your heart to hear her talk about her trip...it so awesome to hear them get all excited and tell you in their own words what they liked:lovestruc

That is so awesome about Matt and the CP!!! I bet seeing "our" princess was so awesome!! I'm so jealous!! I bet he'd love it too!! How awesome:banana::woohoo:

When we went to the annual party of Mikes buddy, he had his old youth pastor staying with him. He was telling me all about how he'd lived in Tampa for the past 25 years and how it would be perfect w/me going in nursing and the VA hospital there is expanding so much and the schools are good etc... but Mike was like NOOOO :laughing:

Good morning, everyone!!:sunny:

We got home early Saturday morning....about 2:15am. Yesterday morning we went to get Buddy at the boarder and mowed the yard.
I slept a bit later this morning than I normally do. Thank goodness I had two days to rest before going back to work.:cloud9:

Michele:: I feel your pain about knowing vacation is over. I think we may have been ready to head home, so it wasn't so painful for us.

Linda:: How cool that you may get to go to WDW when YM does! I know you all will have a wonderful time!!

2x2s:: Did you get moved out of your house and in with your parents? Hope the move went smoothly.

We had a great time at DL. Gary did opt out of going back to the parks with us a couple of nights....he was just too tired. We did a pretty good job of collecting fastpasses for the busy rides we really wanted to ride and managed just fine.
We took tues. off and went to Newport Beach so that Nathan could see the Pacific ocean. Nathan and I took off our sandals and got our feet in the water, but it was pretty darned cold. (Just as I remembered.);)

California Screamin' turned out to be Nathan's favorite ride and I have to admit it was pretty fun.
We got up early on Wed. so that we could get in line for the Matterhorn. I can't believe my family was actually there BEFORE the rope dropped!!:faint:
When we got to the Matterhorn, it was closed!!:rolleyes: We did get to ride the Nemo ride and noticed afterwards that the Matterorn was running, I had already warned Nathan that this was a cutting-edge ride about 50 years ago, so don't expect too much. Luckily we had gotten Gary a GAC from Guest Relations that allowed him to enter through the handicapped line when no fastpass was available. We didn't have to wait but a few minutes; otherwise I think Gary and Nathan would have been pretty miffed. I guess they were a bit disappointed, but I thought it was pretty cool to be riding it....the nostalgia, I guess.
All in all, Gary was happy with our hotel location at the Paradise Pier and I'm pretty happy that I decided to move our hotel. Just don't think things would have worked out so well had we stayed farther away.
It was great that Disneyland and California Adventure are just a VERY short walk away form each other. We would just cut through The Grand Californian and head to CA, or through Downtown Disney if we wanted to got to DL first.

As far as the rides go... Space Mtn was awesome, just like you were flying through space. WDW should be ashamed for not updating theirs.
I loved riding Mr. toad again!! How long has that been? IASW was much better at DL as was the Winnie that Pooh ride. POC...better at DL, while the HM may have a bit of an edge at WDW.
Also, BTMRR is really fantastic at DL, while I can take or leave the one at WDW.
the new fireworks, Magical, with Dumbo flying over the castle are really good,IMO. We watched them from main Street on Saturday night. didn't make it to the Fantasmic, shall I call it a madhouse??:scared1::scared1:
WDW rides that I prefer over DL are... Splash Mountain and Peter Pan.
I think the bottome line for me was it was great to have the Disneyland experience, but my heart really belongs to WDW. I just wish Florida had that beautiful California weather in July.:goodvibes It was for the most part, in the low 80's during the day.I think the hottest day was on Monday, at 86. The nights were pleasant and cool.

I'll try to get some pics posted a bit later. I have a really good one of our family with Sorcerer Mickey.:goodvibes

I hope you all have a Super Sunday!!

Donna... it sounds like you guys had a ball! I'm so glad. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Welcome home Michele and Donna...can't wait to see some pictures. Glad that you both had good trips!pixiedust:pixiedust:

Hi Linda...good to hear from you...I know you are staying very busy. We would love to meet up with guys...are you considering Thanksgiving week?:rolleyes1

Hope everyone had a great weekend.:)

Hey, Donna, welcome back! Some of us suffering from Post Trip Depression Disorder now, I think...
I agree w/ you about Space Mountain, I prefer it over WDW's but that was from BEFORE the rehab. Haven't been to DL in about 11 years now.
Aren't the GAPs wonderful? DH uses it because the tumor in his spinal cord makes it difficult for him to stand for much over 15 - 20 minutes or so. Matterhorn isn't much when you compare it to Everest I'm sure (I wouldn't know, really, never done Everest) but I've always liked it!

Michele - for some reason I had Matt as a year older - I thought he had graduated this past year! Anything I can do to to help! Did you get my long-winded email??

Linda - good to see you!! You're so busy! Mike won't let you move to Tampa?? At least he said you could book a trip. It's a start... The military discount is awesome! i was looking into it for my sister and her husband for December.

Hi, YM, 2X2S, pozey, Jill! :wave2:

I have tons of photos - started with about 1,800, whittled it down to a little over 1,600 by the time we got home, now I've got it down to a little over 1,400. I've done very little work on them as my laptop is not handling the graphics stuff well and there is a new one on it's way for me.

Good morning everyone.

I am so envious of you guys who have had great trips to Disney - World and Land - recently.

I can't wait to see some of the pictures so I can live vicariously through your photos and stories!!

I'm glad everyone had great trips!

Good morning everyone!!

I am glad to hear that everyones trips were so great! Nothing is worse than coming home but at least you can look forward to planning again. I am hoping to plan a 4day weekend this december.

Ill have to get a facebook page started today. Can someone pm me how I can find all you guys.

Well I am officially off school until August 22. I am suppose to be studying for the MCAT but am now thinking that a year off between graduating with my BS in Biology and (hopefully) going to med school would be a better idea for me.

My weekend was spent poolside.....but just watching.

This past weekend was the Oklahoma State Age Group Championships. It was held outdoors, all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So, I was there from 7:00 am until 4:00 pm each day. Needless to say I am burnt! Not terribly as we used sunscreen and we had some cabanas to sit under, but still....

The boys did outstanding. Colton won high point for his age group (13-14) and Chase was 2nd in his (9-10) missing high point by 2 points. They get points based on where they place in each event.

BOTH boys will be swimming this coming weekend in Indianapolis. Colton had qualified to swim several weeks ago, but Chase just qualified with his swims yesterday!

He is something else. He hates going to practice. And when he DOES go to practice, he just kind of lazily goes through the motions... He has come this close to quitting many times. And then he goes out and swims amazingly at meets. One of the other parents on our team said she is amazed at how he can swim that fast and rarely come to practice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter