Breakfast at Kona.....let's grab a table!!

Britt said thanks for all the congrats! She has been walking around with a little smile on her face all night. :cheer2:

Good morning, breakfasters!!!

It's going to be a warm and sunny day here, but hey, it's still summer!!:sunny:

Lesa:: I'm so happy for Britt!! I know she was gettting lost of pizie dust from us!!
Is Maddie trying out this year? I assume that she hasn't tried out already?
Nathan's school has been holding an open gym the last two weeks for anyone interested in playing basketball. (5th-8th grades.) I think this gives the coach a chance to scout them out before the actual tryouts start.

YourMajesty:: I see you posted last night. I tried to watch 17 Again with Zac Ephron, but fell asleep before the end. I think I'm going to watch it soon to see if I missed anything. I also rented 27 Dresses for me to watch this evening. Nathan is having a friend send the night. I may send them to my sister's to swim.

Hi, to everyone!!:wave2:

I think I'm in a Chef Mickey's mood this morning. I could also pretend I have a MK view at the Contemporary, too.;)

cmbreakfast.jpg

I hope you all have a Super Saturday!!:earsgirl:

webpic.jpg

WOO HOO BRITT!!!!!

Hey all!!!

A good friend of mine (the one who I always went to do her brows) got married last night, so it was a late night. I was over her house most of the afternoon yesterday doing her makeup and getting her ready. She looked stunning!!! Her dress was beautiful!! I know her mom really well, too, so it was fun being a part of the primping stages.
She lives on "The Hill" (the historic Italian part of ST. Louis), so the ceremony was at one of my favorite Catholic Churches there --St. Ambrose. The aisle is really long, and I know she was really nervous walking it, but she did fine.
The reception was at the Lemp Mansion warehouse----which I was nervous about because it is suppose to be one of the most famous haunted places here.:eek: (acutally the mansion itself is supposed to be the haunted one, but I wonder if they travel to the warehouse for a change of scenery??:lmao:). Anyway, you walk into the "lobby" area (which was VERY vintage, but eery-ly beautiful) and have to take a huge wooded-floor freight elevator up to the top floor-----the kind where the elevator attendant has to pull the big metal door down and raise the lever to make it move. I really felt like I was in the real ToT.:rotfl2: The night proceeded without issues and I left without any hitchhiking ghosties (at least none that I know of. :cutie:)

Donna----thanks for the breakfast----my mom has been looking ALOT on line at the new Bay Lake Towers.:rolleyes:
I haven't seen 17 Again, but 27 Dresses, I thought was pretty cute.
I saw Julie and Julia last weekend----loved it!!!! I just read the book, which was much more detailed, but in this case, loved the movie better. Merryl Streep is wonderful as Julia Child!!!!

I have a typical day of errands today----so happy Saturday to everyone!!!!

Donna Maddie has already had several practices for cheer. :cheer2: She still has her sights set on being a flier! Anyone can be on a squad up until high school where they begin tryouts. The one Maddie does is thru the city. You can also tryout for the middle school.

2x reading your description of the haunted mansion had me laughing! :lmao: I'm glad you left all the hitchhiking ghosts behind....at least you hope you did!!! ;) I'm glad you had a wonderful time at your friends wedding. I'm sure she felt blessed you help her get ready for her for her special day!

I got this new laptop because my other one pretty much was on it's last leg. I am hating it so much. I can't tell you how many times I have to go back over what I typed because it missed letters. :headache: Thank goodness I haven't loaded anything personal on it yet and I purchased it from Costco. I think we are going to look and see what else they have.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Hi, everyone!!

Just enjoying a peaceful Saturday night at home. It seems like it's been so long since we've just hung around the house most of the day.....it can be done.:laughing:

2x2s:: The reception location sounds really interesting. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.
We are invited to my cousins wedding on Labor Day weekend. It's really strange, because she is having an outdoor wedding with a dinner afterwards and we are all asked to bring a dish!!:eek: The wedding is about an hour away and I have NO idea what we could take to transport for that long. guess I'll figure something out.
Has your mom been looking into DVC, or is she just interested in a family stay at the towers? Did I mention that work was being done at the Grand Californian.....DVC units are being added.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday night.

Hey Donna...did you like 27 dresses?

Shes got electric boots a mohair suit
You know I read it in a magazine
Bennie and the jets
:lmao::lmao:

Hey 2x2s...sounds like you had a busy but lovely weekend. It would be a little creepy to have a wedding in a haunted mansion...wouldn't it....come back.....:scared1:

Hi Lesa...good luck with the laptop...my seems to have a mind of it's own.

Speaking of laptop I think it's time to shutdown! :cloud9:

Good morning!!

Maureen:: thanks for the well wishes for Nathan! I am sure that today will be an easy day; they get out at 10am. He has to take his supplies today, so that will weigh him down. I may save a few things for tomorrow.

Had a pretty laid back weekend. I took Nathan and his friend to swim at my sister's house yesterday; that cooled them off a bit and got them out of the house!

How about some French toast sticks for breakfast this morning? they are fast and easy to prepare.:laughing:

french-toast-sticks-01-af.jpg

I hope you all have a Magical Monday!!:tink::tink:

Good Morning and Happy Friday everyone!

Good morning Pozey.:wave2: How's school going?:teacher:

Hello back atcha YourMajesty!! :wave:

School is going good. Both of the younger ones have great teachers that they really like. This is especially important with Chase. If he likes the teacher, he does so much better in class.

Colton is enjoying his classes so far as well. Last night was open house/meet the teachers night at the 8th Grade Center. I like all of his teachers and think he'll do well.

Hello back atcha YourMajesty!! :wave:

School is going good. Both of the younger ones have great teachers that they really like. This is especially important with Chase. If he likes the teacher, he does so much better in class.

Colton is enjoying his classes so far as well. Last night was open house/meet the teachers night at the 8th Grade Center. I like all of his teachers and think he'll do well.

That is good news! We meet all the tachers at the 6th grade center last night. Very different from elementary school.

Did your friend ever have her baby?

That is good news! We meet all the tachers at the 6th grade center last night. Very different from elementary school.
Yeah, it was quite a change when Colton entered middle school too.

How's everything else?

Did your friend ever have her baby?
She did. A baby boy born back on June 4th.

My friend did have a very interesting last few weeks of pregnancy and first few weeks of motherhood. She fell and broke her ankle and had to have surgery. She couldn't walk on it for quite some time after delivering.

She is much better now...and lives out your way now.

Yeah, it was quite a change when Colton entered middle school too.

How's everything else?

She did. A baby boy born back on June 4th.

My friend did have a very interesting last few weeks of pregnancy and first few weeks of motherhood. She fell and broke her ankle and had to have surgery. She couldn't walk on it for quite some time after delivering.

She is much better now...and lives out your way now.

I bet Colton is a pro now. It will be Chase's turn next year. What grade is the little princess in? It's not as bad as I expected...they have really tried to keep the parents in the loop. I've been up to the 6th grade center more than the elementary school.

All is good here. DS (oldest) is playing football again. We were getting ready to enroll him in Swim Tulsa if the Dr hadn't cleared him for football. The Dr wasn't convinced he should go back to football but some of his colleages said he could play. He has a bruised knee bone that is slow healing. So far the knee hasn't bothered him. He has had his bell rung a couple of time.:headache:

Wow, that is a tough way to end a pregnancy and start out with a newborn. I'm glad she is doing better. It's pretty nice up here...hospitals, shopping, good schools...I can call it home now. :)

Hope everyone has a nice weekend...our weather looks to be perfect for August!:woohoo:

Good Monday morning everyone.

Hope everybody had a fantastic weekend.

The weather here was amazing considering it is still August. Low to mid 80's. Very nice.

I bet Colton is a pro now. It will be Chase's turn next year. What grade is the little princess in? It's not as bad as I expected...they have really tried to keep the parents in the loop. I've been up to the 6th grade center more than the elementary school.
Yeah, Colton is a seasoned pro now.

Chase will be headed to the 6th & 7th Grade center next year. A big adjustment, but I'm sure he'll do fine. Courtney is in 1st Grade this year.

All is good here. DS (oldest) is playing football again. We were getting ready to enroll him in Swim Tulsa if the Dr hadn't cleared him for football. The Dr wasn't convinced he should go back to football but some of his colleages said he could play. He has a bruised knee bone that is slow healing. So far the knee hasn't bothered him. He has had his bell rung a couple of time.:headache:
I hope your DS has a great - and HEALTHY - football season! And remember, swimming is a great conditioning sport as well. One of the Union HS football players swims. He uses it as a conditioning tool. Good workout, plus low impact.

Yeah, Colton is a seasoned pro now.

Chase will be headed to the 6th & 7th Grade center next year. A big adjustment, but I'm sure he'll do fine. Courtney is in 1st Grade this year.

I hope your DS has a great - and HEALTHY - football season! And remember, swimming is a great conditioning sport as well. One of the Union HS football players swims. He uses it as a conditioning tool. Good workout, plus low impact.

Thanks Pozey, we hope so too. He LOVES football. I agree, swimming is probably the best overall body workout with the good perk of being low impact. We really should have had him in it the minute he was put on restriction. I must admit the drive was an excuse...but not a very good one. I wanted both of them in it. Youngest DS has never been very active or conditioned as well as his brother.

I couldn't remember what grade Courtney would be in...she's growing up!princess: DS had a few nerves about the sixth grade center but so far so good.:)

Good morning!!:sunny:

The weather has been terrific here; just a little foggy this morning. I always worry about Gary's drive in to work on days like this.

I miss posting breakfast on FB, so thought I would start the morning on the Dis.

Is it just me, or does this pancake remind you of a Sesame Street character?
:confused::laughing:

img_2543.jpg

I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!!party:party:

Good Morning! :wave:

That pancake looks pretty good Donna!!

Hey all!! :)

Sounds like all the little ones are (well I guess some of them wouldn't really want to be referred to as little ones) back in school:) I love this time of year bc it means summer is near an end :cool1: I can't wait for cooler weather to come. I am sure many ofo you are rolling your eyes as we speak!

I keep forgetting about fb now that Im on there so Ill have to make a greater effort to remember.

I am starting to plan a long weekend trip to wdw this winter!! I dont even know what weekend or anything but am excited. It will have been almost 2 yrs since my last visit.

Well I have to run hope all is well:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter