BL 7.1 Green Team!!!

Bibbidybobbidyboo- Congratulations on being this weeks biggest loser!!:banana::banana: Nice work!!

Kim- So sorry your grandfather has been so ill. It is such a tough time for you and all your family, and like lisa said, be sure to take care of yourselves. I'm sending prayers your way.

Molli- Congrats on doing the half-marathon! That is amazing. I was crying last night during the biggest loser marathon, and I can't imagine how proud you must be while you are running.

Lisa- That 30 day shred is quite a workout. I tried it in the fall, but didn't stick with it. I should give it another try, and like you, plan to do it for 30 days.

qotd- my exercise goal is to continue do a watp video at least 5 morning/week. Last year, this was the time I tapered off on the exercise, wouldn't get up and do a video because it was going to be nice, and I said I'd get out later on the bike or walk, but didn't get to that either. That's when I started regaining some weight, and by the end of summer, I was up 20 pounds. I won't do that again.

Dona- My grandmother's been gone 20 years, and like you, I think I take after her a lot more than I do my mom. My dad's gone 15 years now, and when I look at my son, I see my dad in his eyes. It's funny, how little things in every day life will bring up a memory of him, a friendly older man in the store who looks like him or my son eating corn on the cob- my dad loved it.

50s Jayne- Congrats on going to that party and trying the treadmill! Nice work.

I'm still on track this week with the eating. I'm going out to dinner tonight for my mom's b-day. She wants to go to the 99, so I'm going to go check the menu on line before hand an plan what to eat. I did a 60 min watp this morning too, so I'll have some extra points.

Jess- Thanks for all your hard work being the weight keeper.

Keep up the good work Green Team!!:cheer2:

WTG Green Team on the win and congrats to all the BL's!!! Everyone is working hard and it is paying off. I've been keeping a check on the scale...so far I haven't lost anything but I haven't gained either. If I can leave WDW without a gain, I'll be happy!!

Kim - Sending you hugs to help you get through your situation. You do have to remember to take care of yourself so you can continue to help everyone else.

We are still having a great time, the weather has been hot for this time of year but it isn't keeping us from having fun. We have gotten to meet a mom/daughter that I have been talking with through a Disney cross stitch group and we met two nice couples last night during a VWL groupies meet. It is always nice to put faces with names.

We are back off to MK in a while and eating at Liberty Tree this evening.

I hope everyone has a great day. Remember to stick to your plan, drink lots of water and get some exercise in and hopefully we'll have another great WI week for the green team!!!

QOTD -- Are you growing a garden this year? Or potted veggies?

Keep my family in your prayers.

Kim....:hug: and absolutely

a lot more strenuous a workout in less time and no impact.

:thumbsup2 great job trying out a new cardio machine!

BBB--:yay::yay::yay::yay: EXCELLENT!!! WTG!!!

QOTD -- my DH works for Scotts-MiracleGro corporate and this year they built small (emphasis on small) garden plots for us to garden in teams of 3. So i'm on a team to garden, but not high volume expectations. For home I have planted basil, rosemary, thyme and oregano; also have a tomato and a sweet yellow pepper plant to pot.

Venetia, I hope that you and your family are safe and away from the fires in Santa Barbara. :hug:

Susan, way to go on trying out some new exercise equipment! :yay:

Tammy, enjoy your last few days at WDW. :earsboy:

ohMom, does it put extra pressure on you to have a really great garden when you are right there at the Miracle Gro factory?!? (P.S. I love the product!) :flower3:

We will grow tomatoes in pots and our herb pot with basil, chives and whatever else looks good at Home Depot. We have a very short growing season so it is a challenge. We love our local farmers market and enjoy the fruits (and vegetables) of other people's labor. We have a really beautiful yard, though.

I don't know. We have a crazy dog who is only a year old. She is eating everything in the yard. Last year she ate a pepper right off the bush. My ds works in a greenhouse lab and will be bringing me home some plants but I don't know how the dog is going to react.

The scale is moving in the right direction - Yippee! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's WI. Feels good for a change. I'm meeting a friend for lunch today, I'm trying to think of a someplace healthy. I will do good today!! Gotta keep that momentum going. I set a weekly goal this month and I'm about .9 from that goal this week. So I'm on my way. If my scale goes down tomorrow like it did today, then I'll hit it. I'll just think Whoosh thoughts today!

QOTD - We do grow a garden each year, but haven't started. I guess we need to get our rear's in gear, lol. I'd like to try some herbs this year.

lisa -- yes...pressure :thumbsup2 there are a couple hundred plots, not to mention some of those plots are being gardened by folks from Research&Development, so they potentially could have great product not even available yet! :rotfl:

very foggy morning here in central Ohio, DDs on 2 hr delay. throws off my schedule for the day, but oh well.

QOTD -- what is your favorite resort to stay at?

i have been fortunate to stay at some of the Deluxe ones and it's so easy to get spoiled :rolleyes: i have to say the Poly was my favorite, not for theming but for ease of transportation!

QOTD - Villas at Wilderness Lodge is our favorite...I'm looking forward thought to trying the new DVC rooms at Contemp and AKL someday. Would also like to stay at Boardwalk for a few days but not for our long trips.

Still having a great time, went to MK yesterday and was able to get lots done. The crowds weren't bad at all. Today we are heading over to eat lunch at LeCellier then going to see La Nouba for the first time. We will head over to Downtown Disney today as well to do some shopping.

I doubt I will have lost anything tomorrow at WI but should have maintained if I'm still on track from today. We've had some great meals this trip and thankfully have been splitting most of them.

How is everyone doing with the COW's? I haven't been keeping up with it since we've been gone.

I hope everyone has a great day, let's all have a great WI tomorrow...don't forget to send your weights in.

Tammy, have a safe trip home. We will miss hearing your reports from WDW. :surfweb:

ohMom, that would be hard growing a plot with all those people with Miracle-Gro thumbs but I bet you see some interesting plants and plots. :goodvibes

I've done pretty well with the COW this week. I've done the 30 day shred two days now and I am so sore. :scared: I can only handle every other day so will do a WATP tomorrow as it is still too cold and rainy to walk outside. I am kind of looking forward to Leslie Sansone's annoying perkiness after getting shredded by Jillian! :rotfl:

At WDW it is a tie between Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. At DL it is Grand Californian. I love those lodges. :love:

Is tomorrow our final weigh in for this challenge? I'm scared! I don't know if I can do this by myself . . . :eek:

Is tomorrow our final weigh in for this challenge? I'm scared! I don't know if I can do this by myself . . .

I think it is. I agree with no one to be accountable to it is pretty scary.

I have been luck to stay a number of them. I enjoyed the AKL and WL but we just stayed at them for 1 night. I liked POP this summer. I also enjoy POFQ that is so small and so easy to get around. My all time favorite is FW. We have camped there a number of times. The only thing I don't like about FW is that there is no food court. One time I stayed with a friend who was on a very tight budget so we did some cooking in the campsite but that is not my idea of a vacation.

I am going to admit that I have not been that successful with this challenge. All I have really done in this challenge is maintain. Not really a bad thing but not what I wanted to happen. Lately when the word challenge comes up I do the opposite of what I should be doing. I did learn that I can maintain my weight if I don't work out as much as I should and that is a good thing. I will be having foot surgery in June and will be off my feet for a number of weeks. If I can maintain my weight while be on rrestriction I will be a happy camper.

Good luck everyone.

Good morning Green team.

I can't believe this is the last weighin for this challenge. Dona, I think you were successful. You kept up with the challenge, and you maintained which is so underrated. Like you said, you did maintain, even though you didn't exercise as much as you would like. That is a success.

As for me, I am one pound heavier than when we started. 2 weeks ago I was up 4 pounds, so I am heading in the right direction again, and this challenge has really helped me to get back on track. If I wasn't coming back from our vacation to weighin, I know myself, and it would have been so easy to continue eating and gaining. Plus the exercise. Knowing today was final weighin day, I did an hour yest and wed, and 30 min today. It's is so nice to be accountable to you all, and to get so much support and inspiration.

lisa- nice work on the Shred! That is a tough workout. I like leslie's videos too, but what a contrast to Jillian.

Tammy- it sounds like you're doing awesome on vaca- splitting meals, and keeping us updated, keeps your healthy lifestyle in your mind, I'm sure.

I missed a couple qotd- I have a tiny yard, but think we will throw a few tomato plants in, and maybe some green beans. My son loves green beans, and I thought he'd really like to grow his own.
my favorite resort is Pop, but I've only stayed there, the all stars, and many years ago at CBR. I love the icons, and we've had 2 great trips there. I'd love to stay deluxe one day, but can't do it yet. I was thinking of doing a disney cruise for my 50th in 4 years, but maybe I'll do a land and sea and stay at the contemporary instead. hmmmm. You guys always get me thinking.

Good luck this morning everyone. This has been such a nice group, I hate to see it end.

oh dear, i was thinking we had one more week but i believe your right:confused3

lisa -- :wizard: you'll be fine, we are here with you!!

dona -- i'm afraid i'll join you on the maintainer platform for the end of this BL challenge. but i'm gearing up for my 30 day Jillian commitment....i know what it has been for me, i've just been too distracted with RL this go-round.

i'm going to assume everyone has watched Tues episode of BL, if not don't read this paragraph. I'm bummed that I missed the voting, that's the only drawback of DVR i guess. i sooooo hope Mike is elminated if nothing else but to knock Ron/Mike off their high-horse of Mr. InControl of this Game. I saw Filipe on GMA this week, he has lost 13 lbs since leaving, and I heard that Joelle lost 75 lb this morning. i don't remember what she had lost on her brief return to the ranch. anyhow -- i'm more interested in the returning players that than Final 3....

QOTD -- Are you grilling this weekend? What's planned for the fire?

I'm hoping to grill out Sunday, haven't decided what yet. Hence the question, i'm a looking for ideas :idea:

Hey everyone - I lost 1.6 this week (was hoping for 2.5 -trying for 10 this month). I know I have to start exercising again to hit the 2.5 mark. Hoping this coming week is my week to focus on getting active again.

We are going to Hershey Park for Mother's Day. If I can't be at WDW, at least I can be at another amusement park. I wish I did have a grill there. Would be better than the food found there. But......something I'm trying to learn from Jillian's message about balance is that it's ok to have not so healthy food sometimes as long as it's not part of my daily fare. I asked DH where we were having lunch and he says "Wendy's" (as he always does when we go to Hershey). Wendy's is outside the park, but we go through Zoo America (A little zoo at Hershey) and go through the doors and then use our handstamps to get back in. It's about a 3 block walk to Wendy's from Zoo America. Normally I try to eat clean, but sometimes when I give in and have something not "CLEAN" I then go to the other extreme and continue to eat bad and get offtrack. So- I've decided to let myself have this treat because this is real life and it's something I'm always going to come up against. I looked up the menu and I'm going to allow myself a real hamburger and regular fry with a water or plain iced tea. I've been beating myself up trying to figure out what to eat and honestly, 640 calories for a fry and a hamburger is not bad. I'm allowed 1200-1550 a day in calories and we will eat dinner on the way home most likely and not in the park. So that is one step I'm using this weekend to learn to balance this all or nothing mentality. Realizing that I can't eat clean all the time, nor do I probably want to ALL the time. This will help me with these little blips I can't control. Really it is about portion control and I don't eat fast food that often at all. I can do this - baby steps.

Molli - I hope Mike doesn't get to compete either. His head got pretty big. It's not that I dont' like him, because I think he seems like a great kid. I just think it went to his head.

Oh my goodness..is this the last week?? Will we take the summer off from BL and continue when the show picks up again? I've enjoyed this so much!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to all the coaches during this time! Dona, you've done such a wonderful job with the COW. Thanks for your patience with me, in particular!! :cutie:

I just got to watch BL last night. Oh, my goodness!!! Despite what I think of Ron, the fact that he stuck with those 26.2 miles in his condition was just unbelievable. I know he had many breaks along the way, but he stayed with it!! I did want to hit Mike when he said he didn't count it as doing a marathon because he walked it!! I was glad when Bernie put him straight. 26.2 miles is a looooonnnnnggggggg way, no matter what!! I did have to wonder what was in the producers minds when they came up with that plan. Did they not consult marathoners?? Obviously, they had the idea from the start as they asked the participants during the initial interview what they thought about doing a marathon. No matter what your shape, you still gotta respect the miles.

I wondered if people would vote to put Ron in so that there would be another female BL. :laughing:

Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!! :goodvibes Anne

I don't know. We have a crazy dog who is only a year old. She is eating everything in the yard. Last year she ate a pepper right off the bush. My ds works in a greenhouse lab and will be bringing me home some plants but I don't know how the dog is going to react.

HAHA!

We just don't have the soil for that--we've done huge gardens in the past though at a duplex we were renting before we bought the house. That place had an apple tree and walnut tree too. I'm a big fan of our local farms though-try to make it out there at least once a week when they get cranked up. We might try tomato plants- sometimes we have good luck--sometimes we don't.

Hi. Well after a month or so of tiny losses and maintains (and a stupid gain one week) I lost 3 pounds this week! I couldn't even believe it. Last night I was so fighting food urge it was crazy- deli had maked down some pepperoni/salami cheese and crackers trays to $2 so I just couldn't resist and got the 2 they left for me- and I had a small snack of them when I got home with a glass of wine. I so wanted more it was crazy. I substituted twizzlers licorice (3 multiflavored halloween packs) and had to chew 3 pieces of sugarfree gum so I wouldn't eat anything else before bed. I guess I was hungry! I've decided I'm back on track. I was about to just give up, really. I can't believe I am out of the 150's. It's been over 10 years. I think maybe swimming for a half hour instead of 20 minutes has helped--I heard somewhere that you don't start to burn fat during aerobic exercise until at least 25 minutes in. I did some research this week too into fat cells- I had heard that you keep your fat cells for 10 years and gain weight easier with those extra cells. Well turns out that is all false, you always have those fat cells but they shrink so it doesn't have much to do with anything. I guess you get extra ones 3 times in your life, puberty, pregnancy, and menopause so I guess I'm happy to get some sense knocked into me at least before menopuse hits. I really want to see Angels and Demons next week so it will keep me motivated next week, but this week I am really grateful for. Thanks boardies :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter