• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BL 7.1 Green Team!!!

TammyNC

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the Green Team thread:cool1::cheer2::cool1:. This will be our home for the next six weeks. I hope everyone is excited and ready to get moving. :banana:

I'll be your captain during this portion of the challenge so please let me know if there is anything that you want to see happening on our thread. I'd like to continue with the QOTD if everyone is still up for those.

Remember to PM your weight to Eeyores Butterfly every Friday with today being your starting WI.

Let's have a great active group and a super challenge!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

MORNING LOSERS!!!

QOTDs are fine with me ::yes::

I just wanted to say :welcome: to any BL challenge newbies! this is a great way to keep accountable and motivated, I know you'll find some inspiration along the way too!

Good Morning Green Team!!

This will be a great challenge, and we will see lots of pounds gone!!:cool1:

I've been on track for 2 weeks now, and I'm going to stay there for the next 6 weeks.

Thanks Captain Tammy for leading us all down the losing path! I like the qotds too.

Go GREEN!!!

Good morning losers!

I have high hopes for this challenge. I like the QOTD, too. :goodvibes I haven't been on one of the team WISH challenges so if there is anything different that we need to know, please fill me in.

A big thank you to Tammy for being our captain. :cool1:

Go Greenies! Go Greenies!

Let's Go Green Team!!!

I thought it would be nice to do a little intro so we can all get to know each other a little better. So here is mine. I am a stay at home mom and homeschool our two children (DD-16 and DS-14). I have been married to my wonderful hubby (jimmytammy on the disboards) for almost 19 years. I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and hold card classes at least once a month. I love to scrapbook, crochet and cross stitch as well. I'm also an avid reader.

I have been on this roller coaster of losing and gaining for too long now. I have lost 39.5 pounds since the end of August 08 and have another 25 that I will lose. I am determined to get to my goal and I will keep it within a 5-7 pound range from then on. I am making lifestyle changes and not just dieting this time around.

QOTD Friday - What are you hoping to take away from this challenge during the next six weeks. This could be a certain amount of weight loss, changes in habits, etc.

My goal is that I will continue to have a steady loss, I would be happy if I lost 10 pounds during this challenge. I am also going to be working hard at getting back to a routine in our walking and on the days that I can't get outside to walk, I will do the Wii Fit or some other form of exercise.

Have a great day everyone, I will try to get back on later today but I have a class that I'm having tonight and in the morning that I need to finish getting ready for, so it may be later tomorrow before I get a chance to get back on.

Good Afternoon Green Team

I am glad to be on this journey with you guys. I think we have a great team who will be there for the entire 6 weeks.

QOTD I am really looking to get ready for foot surgery at the end of June so I really want to be in a good place physically and mentally. I am starting to look at foot doctors and should have some decisions to make in the next couple of weeks.

I don't have much time today,. It is too crazy at school today. I will check in tomorrow because we are going out tonight. Going to see 2 of the guys from the show "Whose Line is it ANyway" we have seen them perform the last two times they were in the area and had a great time both times. My ds's love them and have a great time. They each bring a friend and we have another couple going with us.

Have a great Friday evening. At least it is Friday

I will be starting the COW's for both teams next week. So be on the look out for them. I will post them in the threads and not on a separate one.

Let me start with this

:cheer2::cheer2:GO TEAM GREEN:cheer2::cheer2:

I'm really excited to do the BL as a team. BL7 was my first challange. I didn't reach the goal I set, but I did stick with it. A little bit about me....I am 46, I'm an office manager for an autodealership. I really enjoy my job which explains why I've been here for 24 years. My household is my DH, myself and our cat Squat.she got her name cause she adopted us. It seems I have always had struggles with my weight. I'm going into this challange with the goal of adopting a healthy lifestyle. I currently am doing the WW program and have had success with it. I started my current WW journey in Sept of 2006. I did really well and lost 50 lbs, then life happened and between losing my Mom very unexpectly in Aug 07, 2 cruises in 08 (one a 15 day) I have put back on 25 of the 50 lost. But through all this I have never quit WW, and I don't intend to. It has taken me 40+ years to get to where I am, and I have come to realize that only a healthy and active lifestyle is what I need to achive my goal.

Hi everyone!! :wave2:

I'm new to the BL challenge but I am a fast learner and promise to get up to speed with a quickness.

A little about myself...I just turned 30 in January I am a sahm, I have two kids ds11 and dd9. I have always struggled with weight issues but presently am at my highest weight. In 2005-2007 I was on a roll with working out eating healthy and losing weight but then in late 2007 life and it's stressed took over. I managed to put back on the weight I had lost plus 20 extra pounds. :confused3

Last week, I decided to stop wishing things were different and make them different. I started taking vitamins again, starting drinking more water, making healthier food choices and went back to the gym. I know it's not going to be easy but I can do it. I am tired of being tired, achy and lazy. I don't want to go to the beach this year and not take my shirt off. I want to play outside with my kids again, go to waterparks without feeling self-conscious, go to wdw and not envy every hottie with a great body. I want to wear a cute sundress this summer, I want to feel better, and this time I am determined!!!:thumbsup2

So, to all of you out there who are on this challenge with me, green and purple team and those of you who are lurking reading this, make things happen, and live the life you know you deserve. Every day is a new begining. So, put down the oreos, get off the couch and let's do this thing.

Oh yeah, one more thing.....

GO GREEN

Kim

Welcome new members!

QOTD Friday - What are you hoping to take away from this challenge during the next six weeks. This could be a certain amount of weight loss, changes in habits, etc.

My goal for this challenge is to lose ten pounds. I didn't quite make my go last go round but I am doing a much better job developing good habits. My big challenge this time is to get on the exercise bandwagon.

I am 48 and have always struggled with my weight. I need to get myself back after letting myself go way too long.

Thanks to my life long love affair with Disney I share my home with my two other Disney loving guys, DH and DS 9, a dog, a cat, assorted fish and Peple the party turtle.

We are leaving tomorrow for a visit to San Franciso for five days where I will eat grilled fish and veggies and maybe a glass of California wine or two. :thumbsup2

I will look forward to catching up with things when I return next week. Have a great week, losers!

Hi Green Team! I want to WISH you all a successful second half of BL 7. I'll be trying to read and see how everthing goes. I know you can do it!

Good Saturday Morning everyone. It is raining here in jersey this morning. Dh has left to go camping. I don't know when he left. I came down at 5:30 and he was already gone. He was supposed to go last night but we had tickets for a show so he left this morning.

I am a 53 year old AP Calc math teacher who has been married to her college sweetheart for 30 years this past Aug (we celebrated at DW). Dh is a middle school math teacher. We have been living at the same house for 22 years and both been at the same jobs for 32 years (yes credit agencies love us). Dh enjoys DW as much as I do. We went to DL on our honeymoon and have been to DW over 11 times.

We have two sons ds1 is 23, just graduated from college and has since moved back home. He brought all his dirty laundry and a new puppy home with him in May. He got a temp job in a greenhouse lab in Nov. It is only as a temp but there is a chance that he will be kept on in May when the temp job ends. We are hoping. He also works part time at JCPenney's. Penney's let him work while he was at college and during the summer he often worked 35 hours a week. We have been spending a lot of time together since his gf is in Spain until the end of June. (He just came home from visiting her)

Ds2 is 18 and has just started college here in NJ. He is studying Civil and Environmental Engineering at a small school in South Jersey. I miss him a lot. I was involved with him as a band parent and the head of the sweat shop for his school's musicals (Hence why Edna is so special to me. I have spent 8 years working with the costume designer at ds's school making his stuff come out while he finishes the sets. I just worked with the kids again for this year's show)

Almost 3 years ago I lost 30 pounds. WHen I went for my yearly physical my bp was not low enough to get off medications and my cholestrol was not down so I had to start on medications. A few months later the nurse at my school found out that I had an irregular heartbeat and I spent some time being tested and being told that I have PVC's. It is an electrical problem that can be fixed by changing just one of my medications. After all this I kind of gave up. I then spent about a year having sinus infections off and on. I am now on 2 nose sprays during the fall and the winter and run a vaporizor in my bedroom at night. Then this past Sept I ended up getting the shingles. That really slowed me down for the last challenge. I still haven't gotten back to working out like I wanted to last Sept.

I am going to have problems with this challenge since I have a bad ankle. I was diagnosed with tendinitis of the ankle (no I have never heard of it before) this past June. It is being caused by a bunion forming. I wake up in the morning in pain so I have no desire to exercise. By the time I come home in the evening I am back in pain and I spend at least a 1/2 hour icing the ankle. I did this every night we were in DW last Aug. SInce I am walking funny sometimes my knee on the other leg gives out,. Yes I am quite a site.

I feel that I need to do this so that I can have surgery on the bunion this summer and not get any heavier since I will not have much mobility for a few weeks.

It should be fun getting to know you all. I know this was long so thanks for reading. HAve a great day everyone.

Good Afternoon Green Team

I am glad to be on this journey with you guys. I think we have a great team who will be there for the entire 6 weeks.

QOTD I am really looking to get ready for foot surgery at the end of June so I really want to be in a good place physically and mentally. I am starting to look at foot doctors and should have some decisions to make in the next couple of weeks.

I don't have much time today,. It is too crazy at school today. I will check in tomorrow because we are going out tonight. Going to see 2 of the guys from the show "Whose Line is it ANyway" we have seen them perform the last two times they were in the area and had a great time both times. My ds's love them and have a great time. They each bring a friend and we have another couple going with us.

Have a great Friday evening. At least it is Friday

I agree, I'm hoping we'll have 100% participation until the end. We can help each other through the good, bad and ugly!!:thumbsup2 Sounds like you have a good plan in place to do some things to help you once you have the surgery and are healing. If you are already living a healthy lifestyle, it will be more difficult to fall into those bad habits while healing. You can do it!! :banana:

Let me start with this

:cheer2::cheer2:GO TEAM GREEN:cheer2::cheer2:

I'm really excited to do the BL as a team. BL7 was my first challange. I didn't reach the goal I set, but I did stick with it. A little bit about me....I am 46, I'm an office manager for an autodealership. I really enjoy my job which explains why I've been here for 24 years. My household is my DH, myself and our cat Squat.she got her name cause she adopted us. It seems I have always had struggles with my weight. I'm going into this challange with the goal of adopting a healthy lifestyle. I currently am doing the WW program and have had success with it. I started my current WW journey in Sept of 2006. I did really well and lost 50 lbs, then life happened and between losing my Mom very unexpectly in Aug 07, 2 cruises in 08 (one a 15 day) I have put back on 25 of the 50 lost. But through all this I have never quit WW, and I don't intend to. It has taken me 40+ years to get to where I am, and I have come to realize that only a healthy and active lifestyle is what I need to achive my goal.

So glad you are with us too!! Sticking with something is so important and I admire you for sticking with WW even if it wasn't going as you had planned, you didn't give up. You are on the right track and are going to have a great challenge!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Hi everyone!! :wave2:

I'm new to the BL challenge but I am a fast learner and promise to get up to speed with a quickness.

A little about myself...I just turned 30 in January I am a sahm, I have two kids ds11 and dd9. I have always struggled with weight issues but presently am at my highest weight. In 2005-2007 I was on a roll with working out eating healthy and losing weight but then in late 2007 life and it's stressed took over. I managed to put back on the weight I had lost plus 20 extra pounds. :confused3

Last week, I decided to stop wishing things were different and make them different. I started taking vitamins again, starting drinking more water, making healthier food choices and went back to the gym. I know it's not going to be easy but I can do it. I am tired of being tired, achy and lazy. I don't want to go to the beach this year and not take my shirt off. I want to play outside with my kids again, go to waterparks without feeling self-conscious, go to wdw and not envy every hottie with a great body. I want to wear a cute sundress this summer, I want to feel better, and this time I am determined!!!:thumbsup2

So, to all of you out there who are on this challenge with me, green and purple team and those of you who are lurking reading this, make things happen, and live the life you know you deserve. Every day is a new begining. So, put down the oreos, get off the couch and let's do this thing.

Oh yeah, one more thing.....

GO GREEN

Kim

So glad you are joining us this time around. Love the determination in your writing. You have a great start already and I know you are going to do awesome!! :banana:

Please welcome your two newest team members BilltM and momof2minnies.

Welcome to our Green Team!!! :yay::yay:

Welcome new members!

My goal for this challenge is to lose ten pounds. I didn't quite make my go last go round but I am doing a much better job developing good habits. My big challenge this time is to get on the exercise bandwagon.

I am 48 and have always struggled with my weight. I need to get myself back after letting myself go way too long.

Thanks to my life long love affair with Disney I share my home with my two other Disney loving guys, DH and DS 9, a dog, a cat, assorted fish and Peple the party turtle.

We are leaving tomorrow for a visit to San Franciso for five days where I will eat grilled fish and veggies and maybe a glass of California wine or two. :thumbsup2

I will look forward to catching up with things when I return next week. Have a great week, losers!

I am right there with you on the exercise. I get into a good routine and then life stuff happens for a few days and it always feels like I'm starting over. I know we can do it though!!!:woohoo:

Maherae is now officially a part of the green team.

Welcome!!!:cool1::banana:

Hi Green Team! I want to WISH you all a successful second half of BL 7. I'll be trying to read and see how everthing goes. I know you can do it!

Thanks!!! You know we always love you popping in and offering encouragment!!;)

Good Saturday Morning everyone. It is raining here in jersey this morning. Dh has left to go camping. I don't know when he left. I came down at 5:30 and he was already gone. He was supposed to go last night but we had tickets for a show so he left this morning.

I am a 53 year old AP Calc math teacher who has been married to her college sweetheart for 30 years this past Aug (we celebrated at DW). Dh is a middle school math teacher. We have been living at the same house for 22 years and both been at the same jobs for 32 years (yes credit agencies love us). Dh enjoys DW as much as I do. We went to DL on our honeymoon and have been to DW over 11 times.

We have two sons ds1 is 23, just graduated from college and has since moved back home. He brought all his dirty laundry and a new puppy home with him in May. He got a temp job in a greenhouse lab in Nov. It is only as a temp but there is a chance that he will be kept on in May when the temp job ends. We are hoping. He also works part time at JCPenney's. Penney's let him work while he was at college and during the summer he often worked 35 hours a week. We have been spending a lot of time together since his gf is in Spain until the end of June. (He just came home from visiting her)

Ds2 is 18 and has just started college here in NJ. He is studying Civil and Environmental Engineering at a small school in South Jersey. I miss him a lot. I was involved with him as a band parent and the head of the sweat shop for his school's musicals (Hence why Edna is so special to me. I have spent 8 years working with the costume designer at ds's school making his stuff come out while he finishes the sets. I just worked with the kids again for this year's show)

Almost 3 years ago I lost 30 pounds. WHen I went for my yearly physical my bp was not low enough to get off medications and my cholestrol was not down so I had to start on medications. A few months later the nurse at my school found out that I had an irregular heartbeat and I spent some time being tested and being told that I have PVC's. It is an electrical problem that can be fixed by changing just one of my medications. After all this I kind of gave up. I then spent about a year having sinus infections off and on. I am now on 2 nose sprays during the fall and the winter and run a vaporizor in my bedroom at night. Then this past Sept I ended up getting the shingles. That really slowed me down for the last challenge. I still haven't gotten back to working out like I wanted to last Sept.

I am going to have problems with this challenge since I have a bad ankle. I was diagnosed with tendinitis of the ankle (no I have never heard of it before) this past June. It is being caused by a bunion forming. I wake up in the morning in pain so I have no desire to exercise. By the time I come home in the evening I am back in pain and I spend at least a 1/2 hour icing the ankle. I did this every night we were in DW last Aug. SInce I am walking funny sometimes my knee on the other leg gives out,. Yes I am quite a site.

I feel that I need to do this so that I can have surgery on the bunion this summer and not get any heavier since I will not have much mobility for a few weeks.

It should be fun getting to know you all. I know this was long so thanks for reading. HAve a great day everyone.

I love camping but not in the rain...hope it clears up for your DH. You can do this and making some changes before surgery will help you during recovery. Since it is difficult to do any type of walking for exercise, how about some floor exercises and some upper body exercises? You have had a lot of things going on but I'm happy you are joining us during this portion. Take care of yourself, no getting sick while on the Green Team!!!:thumbsup2

Good Morning Everyone,
I am a 43 yr old mom of 2 teenage girls-17 and 14.Wife of DH for almost 20 yrs.I am the Disney nut, they think I am nuts!

Fall of 2007 I lost 20-25 lbs before starting a new job.I was running almost everyday, I felt great.

This past winter trained and did the full marathon at WDW and from that put back on most of that weight, with long runs and the dreary winter comfort food went down easy.

My GOAL of this challenge is to build my miles back up- I slacked off after the race, and hopefully lose about 10 lbs and tone up.

I had recently lost 5-6 lbs but already put it back on- the scale is very frustrating for me because it yoyos so much.I know it is all in how you feel but you want to see progress.

Have a great weekend everyone, I am counting on all of you for support.Last year we had a great group on the journal boards but this year it is not the same.

Linda

COW WEEK 1

THis week's COW starts on Sunday 3/29/09 and will run until midnight Thursday 4/2/09. It will be short this week since we just started. It will be an easy COW since we are all just getting restarted.

YOu get 1 point for each day you follow the COW

THis week will start easy

Drink 8 glasses of water (1 point for each day)
Eat 2 servings of veggies (1 point for each day)
East 2 pieces of fruit (1 point for each day)

On Friday send me

XX days drinking water
XX days eating 2 serving of veggies
XX days eating 2 pieces of fruit.

Thanks and enjoy the COW

Went outside this morning and oh what a day! Ran 3.61 miles and it felt so good to move again.
I was pretty happy with my pace-9:43, since I have not been out for a while.

Starting over today since last night was a bust- retaining tons of sodium!Even after my run not much has moved.

I am not too proficient on the computer so I don't even know how to use the quotes thing properly.I hope my posts don't get lost in the shuffle because of that.

Have a sunny day!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter