• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BL 7.1 Green Team!!!

Hi. Well after a month or so of tiny losses and maintains (and a stupid gain one week) I lost 3 pounds this week! I couldn't even believe it. Last night I was so fighting food urge it was crazy- deli had maked down some pepperoni/salami cheese and crackers trays to $2 so I just couldn't resist and got the 2 they left for me- and I had a small snack of them when I got home with a glass of wine. I so wanted more it was crazy. I substituted twizzlers licorice (3 multiflavored halloween packs) and had to chew 3 pieces of sugarfree gum so I wouldn't eat anything else before bed. I guess I was hungry! I've decided I'm back on track. I was about to just give up, really. I can't believe I am out of the 150's. It's been over 10 years. I think maybe swimming for a half hour instead of 20 minutes has helped--I heard somewhere that you don't start to burn fat during aerobic exercise until at least 25 minutes in. I did some research this week too into fat cells- I had heard that you keep your fat cells for 10 years and gain weight easier with those extra cells. Well turns out that is all false, you always have those fat cells but they shrink so it doesn't have much to do with anything. I guess you get extra ones 3 times in your life, puberty, pregnancy, and menopause so I guess I'm happy to get some sense knocked into me at least before menopuse hits. I really want to see Angels and Demons next week so it will keep me motivated next week, but this week I am really grateful for. Thanks boardies :hug:

Great post - Awesome job on the loss. That is so interesting about the fat cells!! I gotta do some reading on that. Hmm looks like I got one more chance for new cells, lol.

Good morning, Greenies!

I have to report that I had a loss of one whole pound for this challenge. Maintaining is definitely better than gaining, don't get me wrong! But I need to be losing. The summer is looming and I love our little group and don't want to stop now when I am heading in the right direction. I posted a poll to see if anyone is interested in a Between the BLs challenge and some different formats.

QOTD -- Are you grilling this weekend? What's planned for the fire?

We are grilling this week-end. I am having a halibut filet with a little olive oil and garlic. DH will have a ribeye because he doesn't eat fish. DS will have hot dog because he is a bit picky. I don't complain because I know someday he will be a teenage and eat me out of house and home!

Have a great day!

MelanieC – Thanks for the website…I have bookmarked it to check it out. WTG on your WI this week!!

lisah0711 – We did have a safe trip home, ended up changing plans and drove straight through yesterday. We got in around midnight, unloaded the van and went right on to bed. Now the fun task of getting unpacked, laundry done (not so bad since we had a 1-bedroom and had the washer/dryer) and just getting back into the routine. Will head over and check out your poll in just a bit. I hear you on needing to continue to lose…I need to really kick up my exercise now that we are home too.

50sjayne – Great loss this week and how awesome for you to be in the 140’s!!! I also have to say WTG on resisting those urges and just popping that gum into your mouth. Thanks for the info on fat cells, very interesting.

If I missed anyone in the replies please don’t take it personally, trying to just jump right back in and get caught up.

QOTD – No grilling this weekend…we are taking my mom out for lunch and dh’s out for dinner tomorrow. With us just coming right back into town, no time to plan to cook for them. I’ll make good choices and load up on salad and water.

I maintained this week but am very thankful for that while being away. I’ll give my body a day to adjust from traveling before stepping on the scale. I lost 2.5 during this challenge and know that it could have been more if I had put more effort into it. I have another good 20 pounds that I need to loss and want to have it done and maintaining very well before our next WDW trip after Thanksgiving.

I am behind on watching the BL since we were away…I skipped the talk about it so hoping to get them in over the weekend.

I also want to give a big THANK YOU to everyone that coached and provided us with awesome QOTD’s this time around. I loved our green team and am so thankful that we all ended up on here together. You all were so supportive and encouraging as a team to each other. I had a blast too!!!

I agree- I'm going to miss the green team- I'm going to miss the green team clippie- its the best one every - love the Jimminy Cricket! Thanks everyone for being there -loved it.

I agree- I'm going to miss the green team- I'm going to miss the green team clippie- its the best one every - love the Jimminy Cricket! Thanks everyone for being there -loved it.
I totally agree! He's my favorite favorite favorite- #2... right after Mickey. LOL
I don't have the clippie in my sig because I thought I had to win a challenge to put it there. LOL@me

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, the weightkeeper speaks! I'm sorry this is a week late, Excel has not been my friend (and it's been a crazy week.) Here are the results from two weeks ago (the results from the most recent weigh in will be posted later tonight).

.......................................Green Team.....Purple Team
# participants.....................20.................14
# removed.........................1...................7
avg. starting weight............203.................221
# gained............................4...................4
# lost...............................13..................6
# not weighing in................1....................1
avg. lost...........................0.15%.............-0.19%

Let's congratulate the Green Team this week for the highest average percentage of weight loss. Now to recognize the individuals on the Green team:

maherae 1.130524152%
50's Jayne 1.307189542%
mousehouselover 1.371428571%
jimmduck 1.40625%

and the Biggest Loser for the Green Team is:
BibbidyBobbidyBoo 2.380952381%

Now the individuals from both teams:

njmom23girls 1.292596945%
50's Jayne 1.307189542%
mousehouselover 1.371428571%
jimmduck 1.40625%

And the Biggest Loser for both teams is:
BibbidyBobbidyBoo with 2.380952381%
Whoa- I'm just now reading this! Thanks to everyone for the congratulations and way to go everyone else staying on track. I'm on a mission- I have less than 2wks before our WDW trip & cruise! Talk about motivation! LOL
(too bad the next week after THESE results weren't so great. :( which reminds me-I still need to turn in my weight for this Friday! ack!)

Is the green team/this challenge already over now? Are we not supposed to weigh in yesterday/Friday? I better go check the original post or something and see when this ends-but for me... it doesn't end till I lost quite a bit more. LOL Keep on truckin everyone- you can do it!!! :cool1:

Good morning Green Team!!
Happy Mother's day to all our mothers here.:flower3:

I just finished my traditional breakfast in bed. This year was raisin bran in our easter bunny candy dish that hadn't been put away yet, with peanutbutter on sliced banana, and water in my disney mug, all on a cookie sheet. My son first did this for me when he was 4, and it was a bowl of trix/luckycharms, and we both look forward to it every year. He's 7 now, and breakfast is getting fancier.

We are getting together at my mom/sisters for a bbq later, and we'll have chicken, burgers and hotdogs on the grill. I'm making a fruit salad, and my sisters making a garden salad, so I'm planning to stay on track. I had chinese food last night, and definitely over did it, but am motivated to be back on track, and not spiral out of control. We're heading out for a bike ride this morning too.

I hate to see this challenge end, and like being accountable here.

50s Jayne- congrats on your awesome loss this week!! That's interesting about the fat cells. I've heard so many people who are going through menopaus talk about how they gain so much fat around their middles. I'm not looking forward to that, I've always been pretty well proportioned, and when i lose the weight, it does seem to come from all over.

Lisa- I'm right with you as far as finally being headed in the right direction, and it would be great to continue. Summer is right around the corner. Thanks for posting the poll about continueing, and I'm definitely up for it.

Tammy- Congrats on maintaining at Disney!! That is fabulous, and thanks for sharing your trip with all of us. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Congrats to all our losers, maintainers, and gainers!! We can do this if we don't give up. Have a great day everyone.

MelanieC - I agree about the clippie too, I just love him. I'm going to print him out and put it on my board to serve as a reminder to me each day to stay on track.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo - Yes, you still need to send in your weight from 5/8...I'm thinking like everyone that it was the last one, I couldn't find the actual date in previous posts but I think that is correct. Have fun on your trip and cruise!!!

mikamah - Your breakfast in bed sounds awesome. Not a lot of plans today for me...since we just got back into town, we decided to take our mom's out for Mother's Day this year instead of cooking for them. I'll make good choices at each place and drink lots of water in between. We did have a wonderful time and can't wait for the next one:).

I hope all you mothers have a wonderful Mother's Day today!!!

Have a very happy Mother's Day all! My DH and DS gave me some fat free licorice so I don't undo all my hard work. They noticed! :love: We will spend the day putting the house back together after the remodel chaos -- then we can move outside!

Have a great day Greenies!

Happy Mother's Day everyone. Dh has to mow our lawn today. (He does 3 a week, ours, his dad's and his sister's) so I fdon't think we are going to get to go up to visit my mom since we spent a long time yesterday doing his dad's lawn.

I don't know what we are having for dinner but I am not cooking. Ds's did get me gc to the place where I get my shower gel and to a craft store. Today I have finish a shawl I am making my neice for her proms that she is going to. I need to mail it out tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.

I had a nice day yesterday...we took my mom out for lunch then came back to the house and watched the Braves game with DH while doing some cross stitching. We took MIL out for dinner later on and I did well both meals.

The family gave me a pair of PJ's from Disney that I had seen but had no idea they had gotten them and they also gave me some $ to put towards the Kindle that I've been wanting.

I need to make a trip to the grocery store today to restock our cabinets and fridge. I've made out the meal plan for the week so staying on track shouldn't be a problem this week. I need to work in some exercise time this week too.

What are your plans this week for staying on track?

Good morning.

Nice job, Tammy on staying on track. I wish I could say I did the same. I fell into the old bad habits yesterday, and started in on the chips and dip, and ended with cake, and totally did not keep track. But today is a new day, and I've had a healthy bkfst, and I'm off to work. The good thing is there are no leftovers at my house, except for fruit salad, so no temptations.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Good Monday Morning.

We pretty much spent the day at home. We had been busy on Friday picking up ds2 from college so we didn't get home until 8. We spent Sat at inlaws mowing their lawn and then the guys got home and had to mow part of ours. We were pretty tired from running around. I did not get up to see my mother but will be going up in 2 weeks to work on her yard with my sisters to get it ready for the summer.

I did okay with food except for dinner. We went out and I had a cheeseburger and fries. I had watched what I ate all weekend so I don't feel bad about it. I am just setting up my menus for theweek and then I am going shopping after work.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning.

Nice job, Tammy on staying on track. I wish I could say I did the same. I fell into the old bad habits yesterday, and started in on the chips and dip, and ended with cake, and totally did not keep track. But today is a new day, and I've had a healthy bkfst, and I'm off to work. The good thing is there are no leftovers at my house, except for fruit salad, so no temptations.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Your positive attitude is sounding great, you've started your day off right and getting back on track.:cool1:

Good Monday Morning.

We pretty much spent the day at home. We had been busy on Friday picking up ds2 from college so we didn't get home until 8. We spent Sat at inlaws mowing their lawn and then the guys got home and had to mow part of ours. We were pretty tired from running around. I did not get up to see my mother but will be going up in 2 weeks to work on her yard with my sisters to get it ready for the summer.

I did okay with food except for dinner. We went out and I had a cheeseburger and fries. I had watched what I ate all weekend so I don't feel bad about it. I am just setting up my menus for theweek and then I am going shopping after work.

Have a good day everyone.

Sounds like you had a busy weekend too. Isn't it great how we can eat what we want if we make a plan for it. Great job on making it work to enjoy your burger and fries!! I don't ever want to tell myself I can't have something if I really want it because I then start craving it. I will just work it into the plan, have a smaller portion and not feel bad. :cheer2:

guess what??? i got Jillian's Wii game for mother's day. i did 45 mins this morninng and was seeeeeeweatty! the sun is shining for now here in Ohio....rain is forecasted for every day through Sunday 'cept Tues. i have a long list of yard chores to do tomorrow!

this week marks the beginning of my "Making the Cut" commitment with a friend. we are doing the first workout tomorrow. naturally i spent the weekend grazing on this and that, knowing i have a 30 day commitment and I've got to be straight on. seriously, my shorts do not fit. i plan on losing 10 lbs and I know i gotta work hard and walk the line for that to happen. today i'm focusing on better eating, one last beer tonight ;), and more or less just getting my mind off food!

Hello Greenies!

Just a note to let you know that I posted the Between the BLs thread. Starts on Friday, May 15th with first weigh in on May 22nd.

We will want to keep an eye on our BL 7.1 threads as Jessi posts the final results. Thanks, Jessi, for all your hard work!

And a big, big thank you TammyNC for being our coach this thread!

Best wishes to us all for more great losses!

Hi everyone, I am finally back on track. My grandpa came home from the hospital on Thursday and Friday I went over and helped them do some housework and made dinner and he is doing much much better. Thanks to all of you for your hugs, prayers and get well wishes.

I hope all of you had a great mother's day. Mine was nice, being spent with my kiddos and hubby.

Tomorrow I will finally go back to the gym and really get back on track, I will post more later, I have tons to catch up on here at my house!

Kim

lisah0711 - I will be going to find that new thread very shortly. I really enjoy being a part of the group. Unfortunately, this last, shortened BL challenge 7.1, I didn't get on the boards much and when I did, I only had a few minutes to catch up reading and didn't do much posting. I look forward to seeing you in the next challenge!

guess what??? i got Jillian's Wii game for mother's day. i did 45 mins this morninng and was seeeeeeweatty! the sun is shining for now here in Ohio....rain is forecasted for every day through Sunday 'cept Tues. i have a long list of yard chores to do tomorrow!

this week marks the beginning of my "Making the Cut" commitment with a friend. we are doing the first workout tomorrow. naturally i spent the weekend grazing on this and that, knowing i have a 30 day commitment and I've got to be straight on. seriously, my shorts do not fit. i plan on losing 10 lbs and I know i gotta work hard and walk the line for that to happen. today i'm focusing on better eating, one last beer tonight ;), and more or less just getting my mind off food!

WTG on the workout...how did spinning go last night?? I'll be checking on you to see how the commitment is coming along, I know you can do it!!!:cheer2:

Hello Greenies!

Just a note to let you know that I posted the Between the BLs thread. Starts on Friday, May 15th with first weigh in on May 22nd.

We will want to keep an eye on our BL 7.1 threads as Jessi posts the final results. Thanks, Jessi, for all your hard work!

And a big, big thank you TammyNC for being our coach this thread!

Best wishes to us all for more great losses!

I'll be over in just a few, it's hard to believe that we are finished here. I second the thanks to Jessi for all the work that she has put into the challenge. I loved being a part of this group for the challenge, you all made it so much fun!!

Hi everyone, I am finally back on track. My grandpa came home from the hospital on Thursday and Friday I went over and helped them do some housework and made dinner and he is doing much much better. Thanks to all of you for your hugs, prayers and get well wishes.

I hope all of you had a great mother's day. Mine was nice, being spent with my kiddos and hubby.

Tomorrow I will finally go back to the gym and really get back on track, I will post more later, I have tons to catch up on here at my house!

Kim

So glad to hear that your grandfather is home and doing better, will continue to pray for him. Good going on getting right back on track, that is the way to do it!!:cool1:

lisah0711 - I will be going to find that new thread very shortly. I really enjoy being a part of the group. Unfortunately, this last, shortened BL challenge 7.1, I didn't get on the boards much and when I did, I only had a few minutes to catch up reading and didn't do much posting. I look forward to seeing you in the next challenge!

We all understand...at least you were around reading, see you on our next adventure. :banana:

Lots to do today, still trying to play catch-up from being gone. DH & I are celebrating our 19th anniversary today. The kids made plans to go out with the grandparents tonight so we can go out to dinner alone.

I hope everyone has a great day and I look forward to seeing you on the other thread!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter